Tinuviel
Norc
Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
Eldorion
22 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Countdown to Release | SPOILER THREAD - Page 2 Empty Re: Countdown to Release | SPOILER THREAD

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:15 pm

what does he mean Bloggers? I thought it was an invited audience of film critics and such like. Hardly a bunch of rabid purists on the war path? Shocked He has bottled it, and is showing it in 24 fps because I reckon he realizes another negative showing would be disasterous and WB would be getting nervous.
I dont know enough about the appendices to comment maybe a Loremaster could enlighten us?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Countdown to Release | SPOILER THREAD - Page 2 Empty Re: Countdown to Release | SPOILER THREAD

Post by David H Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:57 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:News- none of it good in my opinion, and from the mouth of PJ himself. Evil or Very Mad

Well if you were an optimist, you might find good news in this:

PJ: I decided to screen the “Hobbit” reel at Comic-Con in 2-D and 24 frames per second, so the focus stays firmly with the content and not the technical stuff.

It sounds like PJ is wanting to be judged on content because he's realized that the 3D stuff is uncertain ground. That suggests to me that he's looking at a more conservative edit than he might have a couple months ago. We'll see if he dares to show us bunny sleds this time or not... Twisted Evil

David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:05 am

yes I think he realized his priorities were screwy, the techno wizardry stuff was taking focus away from the story.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:45 am

I think that's as close to an admission of screwing up as we're going to get from PJ. Laughing He's been evangelizing for 48fps for a couple of years now and the mixed-to-negative reaction from CinemaCon had to have been extremely embarassing. I'm not surprised he's trying to downplay it as the work of "bloggers" (the favorite go-to word of anyone who has been shown-up by online media!) but the fact that the plug was pulled on 48fps for Comic-Con is confirmation that someone behind the scenes, possibly even PJ himself, is worried. I'm sure this is not the sort of build-up to the glorious unveiling of the future of cinema in the world that PJ and Co. wanted. Razz

I'm not sure what he means by "additional material" but there were pick-up shoots prior to each of the LOTR films to capture extra scenes that no one thought of until post-production. I had assumed the same would occur for TH in 2013.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:09 am

Hours into Comic-Con, one rumour kept circulating around San Diego: that Peter Jackson would announce a third Hobbit film during Warner Brothers’ Saturday panel. However, studio spokespeople have told Variety that But Jackson isn’t getting ready to give audiences more “Hobbit.

There are “no planned or surprise announcements” involving a third film these spokespeople say. “The plan was always for two.”

According to Variety, Jackson wound up with more footage than expected during their 266-day shoot in New Zealand. Rather than making a third film feasible, would the best of this footage not be more likely to end up on an Extended Edition? Thanks to Quackingtroll for the heads-up!
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:58 am

It's interesting that Variety claims "adding more films wouldn't be unusual" -- citing Harry Potter and The Hunger Games as examples of series where the final book was split in two -- when The Hobbit already split the last book in two. Rolling Eyes

The triple Hobbit rumor has been refuted so many times that it's not even funny any more. Why must people keep re-starting it? Mad
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Countdown to Release | SPOILER THREAD - Page 2 Empty Re: Countdown to Release (part 1)

Post by RA Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:26 am

Guys, I got some bad news.
Plans fell through and it turns out that I can't attend Comic Con. I was ready to go but my cousin dropped the ball and the guy with the passes couldn't meet us.
I'm so sorry, but I won't have any news.
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:44 am

No prob, can't be helped.
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:53 am

Thats a shame RA- mainly for you, so sorry to hear you won't be getting to go afterall- you must be gutted. Sad

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:50 am

That's too bad, but like Petty said, it probably sucks more for you than anyone else. We'll just stay tuned to TORn and wherever like everyone else. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Countdown to Release | SPOILER THREAD - Page 2 Empty Re: Countdown to Release (Part 1)

Post by RA Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:59 am

Yeah, I'm bummed about it.
Sorry again though.
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:14 am

No worries, RA. Smile If I have the money I'm going to try to go next year and if there's enough people maybe we can have a Forumshire meet-up. We could wear those T-shirts that Petty and Norc are designing. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:17 am

Countdown to Release | SPOILER THREAD - Page 2 Im_wit10

lol! lol! lol!
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:19 am

Or those. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:49 am

Bifur may only speak in Khuzdûl, possibly due to that silly axe protruding from his skull.
Dwalin’sskull tattoos actually have meaning, and are pictorial tale about Dwarvish history, laws, customs!
Thranduil’ssword will also feature lots of runic inscriptions
The Wargs will have their own constructed language for the Hobbit. The Warg chief, a great white wolf, will communicate with his pack using this simple, gluttal language!

http://www.elendilion.pl/2012/07/13/g-i-p-report-dwalins-runes-orkrist-thranduil-and-wargs/

Countdown to Release | SPOILER THREAD - Page 2 75534910
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:06 pm

so I suppose its all our fault that 48fps sucks then? Suspect

I thought PJ said they were going to do MORE filming next year?? in that interview Petty posted. So why they are saying there is already too much footage is a bit odd. mysterious
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:05 pm

found this article about Comic Con. from one of these 'negative bloggers'

'The Hobbit' Gets Cold Feet? Comic-Con Footage Won't Be 3D/48FPS

by Alex Billington Firstshowing. Net
July 12, 2012

One of my most anticipated presentations at Comic-Con 2012 is Warner Bros' Hall H panel on Saturday, partially due to The Hobbit getting a big show. It's obvious this (Comic-Con) is the perfect fanbase for Peter Jackson to bring footage to and introduce his cast to, but apparently it's not the crowd for 48FPS. As we all know, when Jackson revealed the first 10 minutes of 48FPS Hobbit footage at CinemaCon earlier this year, reactions were very negative (even I agreed, unfortunately). I was looking forward to seeing how this crowd would react to 48FPS and if it looked any better now. But, it looks like that will not be happening.

Director Peter Jackson spoke with the LA Times' Hero Complex as prep for his presentation on Saturday, but one of the most revealing and interesting news items in it, was that he would not be showing the footage in 3D or 48FPS, at all. That is quite a surprise. Especially because I was hearing buzz that they tried to tweak the 48FPS to look even better. His quote about Comic-Con is one of the most honest I've ever heard.

Wow. Cold feet? Or, as our friends at The Playlist said, "nice dodge?" Too nervous they're going to get more negative reactions? Why not flaunt the new 48FPS? I am truly surprised and kind of shocked that he made this decision about the footage. I honestly felt like the Comic-Con crowd and these fans would be the most open to 48FPS, and accepting of the other creative choices Jackson has made (we all trust in him, right?). But I guess that won't be the case anymore. I am still very curious to see how the footage plays and I'm sure fans (myself included) will be going crazy anyway. And if anyone asks Jackson about 48FPS during the Q&A.

We'll still be at the Warner Bros' presentation on Saturday, and we'll keep you updated on any other news or any other happenings regarding The Hobbit. Are you still concerned about seeing 48FPS footage?

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:24 pm

Countdown to Release | SPOILER THREAD - Page 2 SDCC_2012_13420580231973

Countdown to Release | SPOILER THREAD - Page 2 SDCC_2012_13420579402082
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:48 pm

Bifur may only speak in Khuzdûl- Chris

What the secret Dwarfish language they speak to no other you mean? :facepalm:

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:13 pm

Someone at Comic-Con noticed that the life-size statue of Thorin they have is apparently carrying his famous 'oakenshield'. Does this mean that he's going to still be lugging around a branch decades after the battle in which he picked it up, or is just an easter egg that Weta threw in there for the Con crowd? I don't recall seeing a branch in any of the publicity photos for Thorin but I suppose it could have been obscured by his coat.

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2012/07/13/58886-the-story-of-the-dwarf-thorin-and-his-oaken-shield/

Countdown to Release | SPOILER THREAD - Page 2 7Kpao
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:35 pm

I hope thats just there for the model and not the film. That he wears it as a literal shield strapped to his arm is bad enough without him using it all through the film. Mad
However I had a thought about Jacksons claim to have used 'extensive' material from the appendices- he can't mean the WC because there isn't any extensive material- but there is a lot on dwarven history- I think we may be going to get a lot more of it than we had at first reckoned, a lot more than just a short flashback here and there.

Tomorrow should be a good day for news, whether its good or bad news however we shall see.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:51 pm

they are showing the new footage tomorrow, Saturday. I hope somebody records it and puts in on Youtube.

this extra information PJ was talking about, I think we may get a lot of extra stuff about Dwarven culture and see the Lonely Mountain Erebor in its glory before Smaug, get the back story of Thorin and his dad and grandad and their feuds with orcs. Its quite a lot of stuff really.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:00 pm

I will give PJ the benefit of the doubt and assume when he said extensive he meant it and was not just blatantly lying-and that must mean dwarven stuff surely? So I think you are right Mrs Figg.
Thing is he also mentions other events across Middle-Earth- well TH doesn't really include much else of Middle-earth bar the north. Erebor to the Lothlorien is about the biggest north-south.
Ishe planning showing further afield?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:24 pm

Wasn't it already confirmed that we're getting flashbacks to the War of the Dwarves and Orcs and/or Thrain in Dol Guldur? That's pretty much entirely from the Appendices and could be what PJ was referring to.

I don't think he's going to try to shoehorn in anything with the south of Middle-earth (Gondor, Rohan, etc.). If so we'd have heard about more LOTR actors being cast, which didn't happen as far as I know.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:33 am

He might show Mordor, since the Necromancer is in the films. Does the WC know about the rebuilding going on in Mordor at this time? I didn't think they did. I thought they met about Dol Guldur scratch Could someone please clarify? I think I've drank to much Buckie in anticipation for tomorrow... drunken

Countdown to Release | SPOILER THREAD - Page 2 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next