Ally
Gandalf's Beard
Pettytyrant101
23 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Doctor Who - Page 7 Empty Re: Doctor Who

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue May 31, 2011 3:33 am

I think you're wrong GB about the Doctor and Amy. His interest in Amy was because she was wrong- the impossible girl- "how could I resist" it was not attraction- he met her as small child for goodness sake.
"You were Amelia. What happened?"
"I grew up"
"You never want to do that!"
And need I remind you of what happens when she does approach him sexually? Its not like he's keen, or even on the same wavelength for long enough.
Having said that he does favour attractive female companions. But I think his lack of sexual intensions towrds Amy is quite clear in this (Sadly and mysteriously) deleted scene. It fits between the end of the Angels two parter and the Vampires in Venice episode. Right after she tries to seduce him in her bedroom.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf's Beard Tue May 31, 2011 4:08 am

OF COURSE IT WAS DELETED. IT DOESN'T MATCH THE REST OF THE STORYLINE!!!! YES!!!! I KNOW I"M STILL SHOUTING!!!!! BUT IT'S BEYOND OBVIOUS TO ANYONE WITH A BRAINCELL OR TWO THAT THE DOCTOR IS JEALOUS EVERY BLOODY TIME RORY IS AROUND!!!! AND RORY KNOWS IT TOO. THIS LITTLE LOVE TRIANGLE WAS DOOMED FROM THE START WHICH IS WHY I'M SO ANGRY!!!!!!!!

CS LEWIS DIDN'T WANT ANYONE TO "GROW UP" EITHER. AS FAR AS HE WAS CONCERNED "GROWING UP" WAS THE DEATH OF THE IMAGINATION. BUT HE STILL LIKED TO GET IT ON WITH HIS ARMY BUDDY'S HOT MUM AFTER THE WAR. HE LIKED HIS HASHISH LACED TURKISH DELIGHT (YES IT WAS STILL MADE WITH HASHISH BACK THEN. WHY ELSE DO YOU THINK EDMUND WAS SO BLOODY ADDICTED TO IT)....Sorry...lost the train of my rant...where was I?...RIGHT, LEWIS ALSO LIKED HIS ALES AND HIS PIPEWEED (YES, I MEAN TOBACCO IN THIS ONE INSTANCE).

THE WHOLE POINT OF MY FROTHING BERSERKER RAGE, IS THAT ANY MORON CAN "GROW UP," BUT IT TAKES A SPECIAL KIND OF MAGICAL PERSON TO NOT GROW UP WHEN THEY GROW UP. IMAGINATION IS COOL. IT'S EVEN COOLER WHEN YOU ARE GROWN UP (physically) BUT YOU STILL HAVE IMAGINATION OF A CHILD. THAT'S WHAT THE DOCTOR MEANT. HE WAS AFRAID THAT WHEN SHE GREW UP THAT SHE HAD BECOME A "GROWN UP." WHEN HE DISCOVERED THAT SHE STILL HAD AN IMAGINATION (and a bit of a naughty one at that in her sexy fake copper Uniform), IT MADE HIM APPRECIATE HER ALL THE MORE AS AN ADULT WITH THE CHILD STILL INSIDE.

Go ahead, mock me.....shatter my delusions into tiny little pieces if you must. BUT I KNOW SPARKS FLY WHEN I SEE THEM FLY!!!! MAYBE IT'S NOT THE DOCTOR AND AMY'S SPARKS FLYING. MAYBE IT'S JUST KAREN AND MATT'S SPARKS FLYING!!! I DON'T CARE, IT'S THERE AND ITS REAL!!!

GB

Sorry to be such a big crybaby like this...it doesn't happen very often...only when I'm afraid that some awful Telly writer is going to ruin a perfectly good thing by turning it into some sort of "chaste love" or some such utter rubbish.

The very first Hobbit Films fanfiction on the Internet, formerly known as The Adventures of Bilbo and Itaril when first posted waaaay back in 2009, revised and retitled as The Adventures of Bilbo and Tauriel

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5678122/1/The-Adventures-of-Bilbo-and-Tauriel

Doctor Who - Page 7 Main-qimg-25b60ec8346a6008664b1df35a2131cd

"It is like a finger pointing at the moon. Pay no attention to the finger or you will miss all that heavenly Glory"--Bruce Lee

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence."--Carl Sagan
Gandalf's Beard
Gandalf's Beard
Emeritus

Location : In the Headmaster's office at Hogwarts having tea with Dumbledore, Merlin, and Obi Wan Kenobi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue May 31, 2011 4:17 am

GB the next episode you have coming up to watch goes by the title of "The Doctor's Wife". Just watch it and I can save my breath and you can watch a hugely enjoyable episode. Very Happy

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf's Beard Tue May 31, 2011 4:21 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:GB the next episode you have coming up to watch goes by the title of "The Doctor's Wife". Just watch it and I can save my breath and you can watch a hugely enjoyable episode. Very Happy

Please Goddess...Please Let it be True (Amy not River Razz ).....I will dance naked in a circle of daffodils burning incense, candles, and 'Other Stuff" and lay myself upon your altar if you make this happen. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

GB

The very first Hobbit Films fanfiction on the Internet, formerly known as The Adventures of Bilbo and Itaril when first posted waaaay back in 2009, revised and retitled as The Adventures of Bilbo and Tauriel

"It is like a finger pointing at the moon. Pay no attention to the finger or you will miss all that heavenly Glory"--Bruce Lee

Gandalf's Beard
Gandalf's Beard
Emeritus

Location : In the Headmaster's office at Hogwarts having tea with Dumbledore, Merlin, and Obi Wan Kenobi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue May 31, 2011 4:27 am

You have no idea in light of your comments how much I am anticapating your posts after you watch the next episode. Very Happy

Go away and watch it now. I'll wait! (I'm editing anyway, what with my sleeping pattern being upside down from nightshift).

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue May 31, 2011 4:31 am

Just found this on the BBC news page.

The Daleks are to be given "a rest" from battling Doctor Who, writer Steven Moffat has told the Radio Times.
Moffat, who is also the BBC television show's executive producer, said: "They aren't going to make an appearance for a while. We thought it was about time to give them a rest."
The Daleks were voted the scariest villains in the history of Doctor Who in a poll of fans in 2007.
Moffat said they had been defeated by the Doctor "about 400 times".
Created by Terry Nation, the Daleks are the Doctor's hugely popular enemies who have made regular appearances in the long-running science fiction show since first appearing in 1963.
Moffat said: "There's a problem with the Daleks. They are the most famous of the Doctor's adversaries and the most frequent, which means they are the most reliably defeatable enemies in the universe."
Recent episodes of the show, which stars Matt Smith as the timelord, have been criticised for being "too scary for children".
But Moffat said: "It is horror, but horror for children. It's scary in the way that a fairy story can be scary."

I'm glad to be honest, apart from disliking the new design I felt they had there day in many ways.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue May 31, 2011 7:50 am

I've never watched a full episode of Doctor Who, but I rather enjoyed this debate anyway lol!

Doctor Who - Page 7 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue May 31, 2011 8:00 am

"I've never watched a full episode of Doctor Who"- Ringdrotten

Shocked Well why not?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue May 31, 2011 8:08 am

Never really caught my interest. Perhaps I should give it a chance scratch

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue May 31, 2011 8:11 am

Perhaps? Shocked I think I'm going to have to go lie down whilst this crabbit mood passes! Evil or Very Mad Its only the best sci fi show ever made!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue May 31, 2011 8:21 am

Meh, probably just The Bold & The Beautiful in space Laughing

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue May 31, 2011 8:40 am

Evil or Very Mad That is not even vaguely amusing! A despicable remark!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue May 31, 2011 8:49 am

Just wanted to see if I could break another one of those crabbit meters Laughing

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue May 31, 2011 9:40 am

Consider it not only broken but exploded and smouldering in a corner in a pool of molten metal and hot runny stonework where my wall used to be!! Evil or Very Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue May 31, 2011 9:55 am

Doctor Who - Page 7 Bb10

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue May 31, 2011 10:00 am

You are a sick, sick Norwegan Ringdrotten. Evil or Very Mad (although a suprising amount of the people in that do look like badly disguised aliens!)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue May 31, 2011 10:03 am

Sorry, couldn't help myself Laughing

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf's Beard Tue May 31, 2011 11:53 am

I think I'm going to be sick! Doctor Who - Page 7 31

Of course it may just be that I've been sitting at my laptop tapping away for the last 36 hours.

GB

Gandalf's Beard
Gandalf's Beard
Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post by Saradoc Tue May 31, 2011 12:31 pm

Okay, so I didn't see Who on Saturday and saw it on the repeat on Sunday as I was out. But the topic of Dr Who came up as my friends said "oh, we don't like Dr Who anymore- much too hard to understand" and I was inclined to agree with them. How is a teenager supposed to understand such complex arc storylines, especially when they might not even watch each episode, and even if they do they're still distracted by technology and such like.

But seriously, it is supposed to be a show for children, and I don't just mean those super genius children from China! Well maybe they still enjoy it for the 'atmosphere' but I'd prefer it if they just ever so slightly toned down the weirdness. I don't want to think while watching TV y'know... Very Happy

King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. That is why I am your king.

Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
Saradoc
Saradoc
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf's Beard Tue May 31, 2011 1:03 pm

Saradoc wrote:Okay, so I didn't see Who on Saturday and saw it on the repeat on Sunday as I was out. But the topic of Dr Who came up as my friends said "oh, we don't like Dr Who anymore- much too hard to understand" and I was inclined to agree with them. How is a teenager supposed to understand such complex arc storylines, especially when they might not even watch each episode, and even if they do they're still distracted by technology and such like.

But seriously, it is supposed to be a show for children, and I don't just mean those super genius children from China! Well maybe they still enjoy it for the 'atmosphere' but I'd prefer it if they just ever so slightly toned down the weirdness. I don't want to think while watching TV y'know... Very Happy

I don't know where anyone EVER got the notion that Dr Who is aimed at children from. It's as ridiculous as claiming that Terry Pratchett or Monty Python or Battlestar Galactica or Star Trek or the Twilight Zone (not to be confused with Twilight) are aimed at children. The series is clearly aimed at Sci Fi Geeks, and we come in all ages, shapes, sizes, genders, and ambiguous genders.

It's probably because some idiotic writer (it's always the writers' faults you know...and this has been determined by consensus) decided that what the Doctor needed was some Stupid Robotic Dog, when what the Doctor really needed was a Good Shag (I can say that here because it's not a dirty word where I'm sitting).

GB

Gandalf's Beard
Gandalf's Beard
Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue May 31, 2011 11:14 pm

I so wish I could have taken my little brother to see this;

As to Doctor Who being too confusing or complicated- one of my main complaints of the reboot until the Moffat era was it was too dumbed down compared the complex characters and settings that often occured in the originals where a single stroty could last the entire series.

And heres a Proms add- which I'm including becasue its bloody brilliant so live with it! And it makes me shed a tear. The beautiful 'This is Gallifrey' (and always intresting to hear which Doctor's get the greatest applause)

Outside of Star Trek and Star Wars can't think of any other scifi that would warrant this sort of thing! But the Doctor deserves it for predating them all and for still being here!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:47 pm

Very Happy Very Happy

You watched 'The Doctor's Wife' yet GB so we can return to our pevious debate about the Doctor and his love life without me spoiling it for you? Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf's Beard Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:37 pm

Unfortunately not. Fell asleep in the Pirates of the Caribbean episode.

GB

Gandalf's Beard
Gandalf's Beard
Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:12 am

Whoo! The first ep of the curent season is on dailymotion- for now till the beeb pull it. Here's your chance folks to jump on board-yes I'm looking in particular at you here Ringdrotten- give it a go and enjoy.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:34 pm

I'll make myself a cup of tea and give it a go later, Petty Smile

Ringdrotten