Turembar
Norc
Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
Lancebloke
33 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 35 Empty Re: Favourite computer games of all time.

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:32 am

In a similar vein there is the equally ambitious Skywind/Skyblivion- which aims to put Morrowind and Oblivion in to Skyrim, but rather than contemporary they are recreations of those actual games locations, looks pretty damn good so far-

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 35 Empty Re: Favourite computer games of all time.

Post by malickfan Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:48 pm

Gah! Why do you have to post so many great videos, I can only watch a max of 40 (?) minutes video a month on my Dongle (and that's if I do nothing else).

Still, that sounds pretty cool.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:03 am

I had heard about the Morrowind one, but I was unaware that Oblivion was getting a similar treatment. Looks neat.

I'm just thinking about making a character after the whole project is finished and making a backstory of some sort for him. It should be fun. There's also the matter of some mods like 'Start a new life' or something along those lines that allows you to skip the vanilla intro with the execution bit and start somewhere else of your own choosing; If that mod were incorporated into Beyond Skyrim somehow, you could start the game in some far off corner in Valenwood or High Rock and have a character that was never even involved with the province of Skyrim at all  Laughing  It would also really help in making the character more my own too.

There'd be so many other places to explore and quests to finish  Very Happy

Last edited by Recoveryanonymous on Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:08 am

Like I said before I may not get Middle Earth which is near and dear to my heart, but I can settle with Tamriel  Smile
I'll be following this project very closely.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:09 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Cracking pics RA, I like that ENB.

But 11ugrids! Shocked - that not screwing up your quests?

As to game reviews I like Zero Punctuation.
Recoveryanonymous wrote:I thought I was pushing it too, but I figured why not really test the memory patch?  Very Happy  The game did crash once after about five hours, but that was with me in an open field with tons of npcs about. Acceptable drawback I think if it's just the very rare crash. My frame-rates have taken a bit of a hit though. I get a solid 40fps outdoors now. 60 inside. But that's no big deal. I'll probably end up getting a second gpu down the road eventually anyways to stay strong for the Witcher 3, which I know is going to be demanding.

And Skyrim looks so nice without the all awkward pop-ins  Very Happy 

There was a funny bug in Markarth with the Forsworn quest. I arrived and Margret took like two minutes to show up  Laughing  Hopefully that's the worst of it.

Bloody foreigners. Mad 
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:46 pm

I guess that's Karma then  Razz 

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:15 pm

Nod 
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:57 pm

Why is it that Bethesda can release Elder Scrolls Online for PC and Mac, but can't release any of the other Elder Scrolls games for Mac?

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:18 pm

Laziness Nod I hope Elder Scrolls Online doesn't end up like all other recent MMOs - dead and forgotten in a year. If it turns out to be good, I'll consider buying it, though I'll wait a few months before I do this time.

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 35 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:19 pm

If they had Morrowind for Mac on Steam I would buy that in a heartbeat, but nooooo! Mad

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:11 am

Their treatment of the pc market isn't great either.
Something like the SKYUI mod should not need to exist- but as they wrote the last two Elder Scrolls for consoles they just didn't bother doing a user interface more suited to pc.
They provide the Creation Kit for pc user, but then barely support it after launch.
And sadly a non modded vanilla Skyrim feels like being given just the skeleton of a game with no meat on it at all.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:17 am

Elite Dangerous Progress Diary 11. (I love how they work out how everything functions and is the way it is based on engineering principles)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:28 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Their treatment of the pc market isn't great either.

Sure, but at least you can buy and play the frickin' game! Mad

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:27 am

I hear that Elder Scrolls Online is a World of Warcraft clone.  Shrugging  I'm more interested in story driven single player games anyways.

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:32 pm

Well, every new MMO is a WoW clone, just like WoW was a mix of earlier MMOs. They're all the same Wink As long as the gameplay and the mechanics are smooth and the game itself is challenging, I don't mind it being a "clone". WoW was a good game once, before they decided to go all Peter Jackson on it and turned something great into shit Smile

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 35 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:33 pm

Me too RA- single player games all the way. I play games because I'm a crabbit bastard and they afford some relief from all the people and things that make me crabbit- which is most things- the last thing I want is to sit down to escape into a game and then have to deal with a lot of bloody people who are the very reason I'm playing a game in the first place!  Evil or Very Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:54 pm

I've been messing around with Dungeons of Dredmor lately. It's a simple dungeon explorer with basic graphics, but the character creation results in an enjoyably varied experience each time you play it. Pretty fun, and relaxing.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:29 pm

Not heard of that one Forest- I will need to give it a google.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:09 am

I've been playing through the first Witcher game; I can definitely see how many consider it to be bloated. The second chapter is really slow and I'm not too fond of its structuring. Chapter 3 is a little better so far, but I really hope Witcher 2 doesn't have the same style of narrative.

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:32 am

I had a hard time getting into Witcher 2- maybe it was all the blatant sex and swearing (my GoT problem again!) but mainly it felt a bit clumsy and some of the game mechanics pretty annoying (the way they deal with health potions being one of them)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:29 am

I hope Witcher 3 fixes a lot of the problems the first two had. I also hope that GOG will get more popular as a result and maybe serve as more competition to Steam. CD Projekt RED is a welcoming juxtaposition to the rest of the PC space with their anti-DRM policy.

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:16 pm

I am a fan of GoG too, they do a very good job in bringing classic game that otherwise would be very difficult to run on a modern pc to the market (wish they would do discworld noir though  Mad )

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:07 am

More of the joy of playing the classic Frontier. Recorded my docking at a space station, 2001 style-

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:23 am

All these space games make me think of FTL.  Smile I might get, though I hear that's a really difficult game.

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:30 am

Petty - you should give Xenonauts a try now. They are in the polishing stages and trying to get some of the little bugs out of the game before release. I have been playing it again and it is a lot more stable than at the beginning of the year. You will enjoy it if you liked the original XCOM games.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next