Turembar
Norc
Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
Lancebloke
33 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 34 Empty Re: Favourite computer games of all time.

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:08 am

Cracking pics RA, I like that ENB.

But 11ugrids!  Shocked - that not screwing up your quests?

As to game reviews I like Zero Punctuation.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 34 Empty Re: Favourite computer games of all time.

Post by RA Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:26 am

I thought I was pushing it too, but I figured why not really test the memory patch?  Very Happy  The game did crash once after about five hours, but that was with me in an open field with tons of npcs about. Acceptable drawback I think if it's just the very rare crash. My frame-rates have taken a bit of a hit though. I get a solid 40fps outdoors now. 60 inside. But that's no big deal. I'll probably end up getting a second gpu down the road eventually anyways to stay strong for the Witcher 3, which I know is going to be demanding.

And Skyrim looks so nice without the all awkward pop-ins  Very Happy 

There was a funny bug in Markarth with the Forsworn quest. I arrived and Margret took like two minutes to show up  Laughing  Hopefully that's the worst of it.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:34 am

The most common problem I know of is the killing giants quests- as it puts the giants in so far away quite often you just get an inexplicable quest complete message for killing a giant, which has got itself killed somehow far away.
Ive also read it can bug out some quests that are triggered by you approaching an area or person.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:53 am

affraid 
Hopefully it won't be a problem and I won't have to reset the values or make a new character.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:07 am

Lancebloke wrote:Does anyone else here watch the Angry Joe show?

It's quite a good game review show.... he seems to have the same feelings towards games that I do.

I also really like this guy's content, though he's a less frequent with updates.

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:14 pm

Nicely in depth take on things there RA.
I also agree with him about story structure in games v film.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:25 am

More Frontier (sorry but I will keep banging on about this game forever!) just installed the latest patch from the fantastically talented AndyJ.
As always bear in mind there are no breaks, no loading screens, nothing- you leave a planet, you fly out the atmosphere and you are in space, where you go is up to you. The entire Milky Way awaits you! (You should also be impressed by the piloting! As all this took a bit of practice and a lot of manual flying, the universe works, its got a Newtonian physics engine, so planets move in orbits, moons orbits planets. Timing thruster firing can be the difference between getting pulled into the gravity well of a body and successfully entering its atmosphere! Or to put it another way, dont try this if your a noob!)

Was in our solar system so thought I'd go on a moon hunt!

Leaving the M.Gorbachev orbital space station around Earth (that dates the game!) and heading out into the solar system in my Wyvern Explorer-

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 34 1_zpsca5c80e9

Bye Earth!

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 34 2_zpsfa6ca6e9

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 34 3_zps28e0cb4e

Approaching Saturn (well you didn't think I was just going to go to our moon did you?)

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 34 4b_zps0a2cb9c6

After matching my thruster speed to the planets time to hang in space and enjoy the view whilst Saturn spins before me-

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 34 5b_zps6bcaf36a

Aha a moon orbiting right in my path- Mimas in fact-

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 34 5_zps7ee81ac8

Closing in-

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 34 6_zps4270e25f

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 34 7_zps1eb7c610

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 34 8_zps49fa1a3f

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 34 9_zps73825b80

And after a bit of faffing about with thrusters down to the surface at an altitude of 15138metres, which is close enough at this speed! (11270km/persec)

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 34 10_zpsef445617

One of Saturns other moons Dione rising on the horizon-

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 34 11_zps192fe685

So after a nosey round Mimas it was time to leave Saturn and its moons to the empty black of space-

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 34 12_zpsc1ec7620

A visit to Jupiter-

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 34 13_zps75d588ef

Heading for one of its moons, Europa-

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 34 14_zpsbb4e703c

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 34 15_zpsec6a4d36

A nosey at the surface-

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 34 16_zpscee0f79f

I decided that was enough moons for one trip and instead decided to visit the sun-

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 34 17_zpsc76798eb

The edge of the corona, and as close I dare go before I risk not having the thrust to get away again-

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 34 18_zpsb01fbff9

Heading home for a buckie at the space station-

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 34 19_zps259ebc51

And that is a typical sight seeing day trip in Frontier, just multiply the exploration possibilities by the size of the actual Milky Way and you have some idea of the wondrousness of this game, even after 20 years of playing it the sheer scale of it still boggles my mind.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:07 pm

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:57 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I have mixed feelings on Mr Howard.
On the one hand he did Morrowind to Skyrim- on the other he has progressively dumbed the series down and made it more and more a game that holds your hand and doesn't want you to ever lose, and the main quest line has got shorter and shallower with every instalment.
Hell you have to mod the crap out of Skyrim just to get a decent game out of it.
Vanilla Skyrim is simple, short and easy.

Recoveryanonymous wrote:
Lancebloke wrote:Does anyone else here watch the Angry Joe show?

It's quite a good game review show.... he seems to have the same feelings towards games that I do.

I also really like this guy's content, though he's a less frequent with updates.

I like this guy's take on the Elder Scrolls series as well.

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:31 pm

I do like his take on games so I subscribed to his channel. Thanks RA.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:51 pm

He's not as frequent with his content, but it's always worth it.  Very Happy  He got started by the Mass Effect 3 ending debacle; there's a really good series of videos up on his channel covering each update with the ending as it happened. I find it kind of neat to see it "archived" as it were, by looking back at the whole thing through a looking glass.

Speaking about space games, would you recommend the first Freespace or just the second one?

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:38 am

2nd one.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:09 am

Awesome  Very Happy  I'll be picking it up soon.

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:11 am

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:05 pm

Elite Dangerous Alpha 3- Docking-

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:54 pm

This is so cool!

The ability to explore all of Tamriel! Just when you think Skyrim is over, another ambitious project comes along.  Very Happy 

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:58 pm

Now that looks promising- only thing Id say is wrong is the climate- they need to incorporate Skyrim summer or something for the southern parts.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:07 pm

Recoveryanonymous wrote:
The ability to explore all of Tamriel!  

I read "Tauriel" Shocked 
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:37 pm

David H wrote:
Recoveryanonymous wrote:
The ability to explore all of Tamriel!  

I read "Tauriel" Shocked 

Shocked  Embarassed   Thumbs Up Sofa

Last edited by Recoveryanonymous on Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:41 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Now that looks promising- only thing Id say is wrong is the climate- they need to incorporate Skyrim summer or something for the southern parts.
Well it was Bruma. Cyrodiil was fairly cold in the north. I can't wait to see Blackmarsh or Hammerfell Smile  I hope the modders can make which faction you choose to side with actually have some impact. Maybe in the capital of Cyrodiil we can see the guards talking about the emperor is having to deal with fallout from violating the terms of surrender. Or in Hammerfell maybe we see how everyone there has resisted the Thalmor for so long.

Maybe after it's all done, there could be a huge quest to overthrow the Thalmor. I really wonder what the Summerset Isles are like. So many possibilities.   cheers 

I'm just glad that they seemed to have found a way around the game breaking bugs that occur when using worldspaces significantly larger than Skyrim's. It's something the MERP team couldn't figure out, so it's good to see progress.

I can''t wait until it's done  Very Happy  I may not get Middle Earth, but I can settle for all of Tamriel.

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:53 pm

True Bruma was cold and snowy.
I played a bit of Oblivion recently and was struck by just how green and vibrant it is, a totally different feel from Skyrim altogether. It would be great to have that diversity but all in the Skyrim engine.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:03 pm

Here's the trailer without the narration

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:07 pm

They have a trailer for High Rock as well

Cyrodiil is closest to completion but High Rock isn't far behind.  Very Happy

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:28 pm

I'm looking forward to this more than Elder Scrolls Online.

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:33 pm

Looks very cool (haven't got a PC though), I wonder how big the total gameworld will be?

Smaller than Daggerfall I'm guessing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_II:_Daggerfall

Bethesda claims that the scale of the game is the size of Great Britain:[2] around 229,848 square kilometers/ 88,745 sq miles. The game world features over 15,000 towns, cities, villages, and dungeons for the player's character to explore. According to Todd Howard, game director and executive producer for Bethesda, the game's sequel, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, is 0.01% the size of Daggerfall,

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next