Turembar
Norc
Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
Lancebloke
33 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 18 Empty Re: Favourite computer games of all time.

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:50 pm

Yup I would say that just about sums it up for me Ally. Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 18 1918643206

Its in the grand tradition of film and lisencing tie-ins really- take a popular film or franchise, nick a popular game style and then get every single thing that makes both those things good, completely, spectacularly and utterly wrong. Cobble it all together and sell it still broken.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 18 Empty Re: Favourite computer games of all time.

Post by RA Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:44 pm

War in the North did the same thing.
Took Tolkien, the dialogue wheel from Mass Effect, the gore and knockout system from Gears of War and made one really bizarre game.
Very in tradition though like you said.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:50 am

I didn't think War in the North was that bizarre... I rather liked it. Aside from the thing being too dang short for an RPG, ridiculously repetitive encounters, stereotypical boards for main characters, and a bad difficulty scaling system, it was rather fun. Overall story wise, I thought it was decent.

It was also the first 360 game I hundred-percented as well....

Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Wed May 01, 2013 11:12 pm

Oh I hated that game. Evil or Very Mad I bought the limited edition, day 1. Goblin mages Mad , goblin suicide bombers Laughing Barrow Wights possessing the ranger Neutral
Agandaur (an entirely made up villain) is assembling an enormous armada in the north (of Eriador). I don't understand why the writers felt the need to make up a story and characters when there was already material for both they could have used instead. Ok I can see the need to make up a few characters, but they went overboard. Seeing Dale invaded and having to rally together some elves in Lorien could have made for some interesting cinematics. Instead we're ferried around by eagles so we can help dwarves in an original stronghold Nordinbad, get the aid of a dragon Urgost who will end up inhabiting the then empty lair at mount Gundabad, just in time to hear that Frodo destroyed the Ring. Did that get resolved? The situation with the dragon, I mean? I only played through the game completely once. I never got out of Bree in my second play-through.
I thought I was going to be playing through the war in the north storyline, like with the Easterlings in Dale, King Dain's last stand and Galadriel laying waste to Dol Guldur. What they didn't tell me was that I was actually going to be playing through a story that bore no resemblance to it at all.
From a gameplay perspective, I found it to be incredibly buggy (I encountered a game breaking glitch halfway through and had to start over) and repetitive. Combat is as simple as: light attack, light attack, heavy attack, dodge. Rinse and repeat.

Maybe my expectations were too high, but I've since sworn off WB licensed Middle Earth games. Their treatment towards Merp (something that promised to be the game I had wanted for years) did not help my stance either, to put it lightly.

Speaking of that game, and this is entirely nit-picking, but bear with me for a minute. Did you ever notice the physical scale of the enemies? Like the Dunedain character is absolutely dwarfed by almost all the orcs throughout the game by a minimum of two to three feet. Odd.
(alright not my strongest criticism, but it was really weird all the same)

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Wed May 01, 2013 11:27 pm

Co-op was decent, too.

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Wed May 01, 2013 11:29 pm

Edit add: I didn't like co-op because if your friend isn't the same level as you, the enemies don't scale properly, making combat near impossible for someone.
Yahtzee's poem.

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Wed May 01, 2013 11:46 pm

Still fun.

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Wed May 01, 2013 11:49 pm

I really have a craving to play Morrowind & be a feline w/ white magic/acrobatic abilities then go murder some asshole shop keepers

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Thu May 02, 2013 12:10 am

Ally wrote:Still fun.

Ok. I'm done moaning for today. Smile

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Thu May 02, 2013 5:03 am

I honestly only played coop like once, in order to get the one coop achievement, but you're right about it not scaling. Speaking of scaling in that game, the difficulty never scaled well after the first play through. I played through 4 times, on each difficulty. The thing is is that you just restart the game with all the same weapons and the enemies get a little harder. The problem is, the difficulty didn't scale well for the equipment you finished your last play through with. So instead of getting progressively harder with each play through, it got easier because of my all powerful armors and weapons.

While it didn't meet my expectations, I did think jt was decent. You may have had a bit too high of expectations though Recovery, especially thinking it had a whole different storyline. I read up on the game beforehand and knew the basic storyline before I played.

One thing that game did a billion-million times better than the films though: Radagast. He was so much better in that game. That is what I had hoped for in the Hobbit.

Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Thu May 02, 2013 5:53 am

Lorient Avandi wrote:While it didn't meet my expectations, I did think jt was decent. You may have had a bit too high of expectations though Recovery, especially thinking it had a whole different storyline. I read up on the game beforehand and knew the basic storyline before I played.
You're probably right. Shrugging I know what to expect from WB from now on.
It is really odd that Snowblind's design of Radagast was better than Jackson's though.

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Thu May 02, 2013 11:19 pm

some1 should make a lord of the ring mod for skyrim

Gypsy gal, the hands of Harlem

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu May 02, 2013 11:22 pm

Laughing

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu May 02, 2013 11:47 pm

Ice cold.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Fri May 03, 2013 4:20 am

Neutral
Arrow

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri May 03, 2013 4:36 am

I have a hobbit hole mod in Skyrim. Very Happy

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 18 Vlcsnap-2013-05-03-04h24m32s204_zps1e5d7865
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 18 Vlcsnap-2013-05-03-04h24m45s80_zps28c58a00
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 18 Vlcsnap-2013-05-03-04h25m06s32_zpsb55b625e
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 18 Vlcsnap-2013-05-03-04h25m31s21_zpsc9693cf3
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 18 Vlcsnap-2013-05-03-04h25m36s78_zpsa84c492d
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 18 Vlcsnap-2013-05-03-04h25m45s167_zpsd00c9605

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri May 03, 2013 4:54 am

Why does your book quote directly from Bilbo's monologue in the film? And you call yourself a purist. Suspect
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri May 03, 2013 5:58 am

I didnt make the mod. Mad I just downloaded and installed it. Rolling Eyes

I supsect it may be a bit of the LotR's mod- I also have Weathertop- but I havent bothered visiting it because I didnt realise until after Id dl it it was based off PJ's version. Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat May 04, 2013 2:19 am

More screens from the mouth watering GTAV

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 18 GTA-5-6-610x344_zps0b829c95

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 18 GTA-5-4-610x344_zps0458dc3b

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 18 GTA-5-5-610x344_zps493434db

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 18 GTA-5-20-610x344_zpse739f6c1

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 18 GTA-5-19-610x344_zpsb1977c89

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 18 GTA-5-18-610x344_zps7f9b566b

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 18 GTA-5-16-610x344_zps26c21cd9

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 18 GTA-5-14-610x344_zpsf829842c

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 18 GTA-5-9-610x344_zpseb3c7cae

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 18 GTA-5-8-610x344_zps571e9624

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sat May 04, 2013 10:55 pm

Doctor Who and Fallout New Vegas

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu May 09, 2013 11:00 pm

Zero punctuations Star Trek game review

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/7247-Star-Trek

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Sat May 11, 2013 2:36 am

is dragonborn Any good

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat May 11, 2013 2:46 am

I just started the Dragonborn quest- Ill let you know.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat May 11, 2013 9:37 am

GTA V.. can't wait Very Happy

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 18 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Sun May 12, 2013 1:31 am

bitch please i dont care about the main quest line

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next