Turembar
Norc
Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
Lancebloke
33 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 28 Empty Re: Favourite computer games of all time.

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:59 am

First you need to find it- mine is on the main drive (C in my case), so its C/Games/Skyrim

in that folder there should be two readable files- one called skyrim the other skyrim prefs.
Open the ini file up using notepad, make your changes and save- simple as that.

Of course always save and backup the original file just in case before making any changes.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 28 Empty Re: Favourite computer games of all time.

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:45 am

I've been playing FFED3D - which is the original old 1990's Elite: Frontier: First Encounters with a Russian made texture overhaul, and then another mod by a guy called Andy over the top that tweaks the code fixing any bugs and stuff.
But the game is the same game as the original running underneath it all.
This was the last game made in the Elite series, until the upcoming Elite Dangerous. And its one of my all time favourite games and the main reason I am so excited about the new Elite- if Braben could make a game this good in the early 90's God knows what he will do with the new one given modern computing power.

Imagine a game that has an actual working universe with Newtonian physics, planets in their orbits round stars, binary systems, giant suns and dying dwarf stars. Imagine getting a whole galaxy to play in. Then imagine seamless gameplay, no loading times ever, you can leave space port on a planets surface, fly up through the atmosphere and out into space and out into the unknown to make your name without a single pause, loading screen or anything to break immersion.
Trade goods, steal other peoples, bounty hunt, work for the military of either of the galaxy's major powers (or both), ferry passengers (some just travellers, others who might bring all hell down on your ship) deliver potentially dangerous packages, smuggle illegal goods, mine asteroids, carry out assassination on important corporate and political figures, maybe even discover the mysterious alien Thargoid race, or just be a tourist and go to see the wonders of the universe whilst in between jumps you can pass the time browsing the intergalactic press (you might even get your name in the press if you do something important enough), but what you do is up to you.

Landing on De Gaulworld, a rocky world with no atmosphere, with a gas giant in the sky behind (not a backdrop but an actual object, you could turn around and fly there if you wanted to, and as its a gas planet, if your ship has a fuel scoop fitted you could fly into its atmosphere and syphon hydrogen out of it and convert it into free fuel)

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 28 Vlcsnap-2013-10-24-01h58m04s64_zpsab34cbf5

A dawn take off with the systems large sun rising-

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 28 Vlcsnap-2013-10-23-03h11m39s106_zpse004d481

And out into space leaving De Gualworld behind-

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 28 Vlcsnap-2013-10-23-03h12m22s25_zpsbd2ea9b8

Flying to dock with the Dublin Orbital Citadel, in the distance silhouetted by the sun-

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 28 Vlcsnap-2013-10-23-03h08m21s147_zps47c05dba

Whilst behind the terraformed world of Hope, bathed in the full light of the sun, gently spins in space-

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 28 Vlcsnap-2013-10-23-03h09m00s176_zps43d4f074

You can get everything you need to begin your career in the Elite universe here, along with instructions -

http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7168

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:23 am

I'm installing the 2k texture packs. I'll post some screenshots when I can Very Happy 

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:23 pm

This looks like a cool mod. Some wonky physics, but still neat.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:29 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I've been playing FFED3D - which is the original old 1990's Elite: Frontier: First Encounters with a Russian made texture overhaul, and then another mod by a guy called Andy over the top that tweaks the code fixing any bugs and stuff.
But the game is the same game as the original running underneath it all.
This was the last game made in the Elite series, until the upcoming Elite Dangerous. And its one of my all time favourite games and the main reason I am so excited about the new Elite- if Braben could make a game this good in the early 90's God knows what he will do with the new one given modern computing power.

Imagine a game that has an actual working universe with Newtonian physics, planets in their orbits round stars, binary systems, giant suns and dying dwarf stars. Imagine getting a whole galaxy to play in. Then imagine seamless gameplay, no loading times ever, you can leave space port on a planets surface, fly up through the atmosphere and out into space and out into the unknown to make your name without a single pause, loading screen or anything to break immersion.
Trade goods, steal other peoples, bounty hunt, work for the military of either of the galaxy's major powers (or both), ferry passengers (some just travellers, others who might bring all hell down on your ship) deliver potentially dangerous packages, smuggle illegal goods, mine asteroids, carry out assassination on important corporate and political figures, maybe even discover the mysterious alien Thargoid race, or just be a tourist and go to see the wonders of the universe whilst in between jumps you can pass the time browsing the intergalactic press (you might even get your name in the press if you do something important enough), but what you do is up to you.

Landing on De Gaulworld, a rocky world with no atmosphere, with a gas giant in the sky behind (not a backdrop but an actual object, you could turn around and fly there if you wanted to, and as its a gas planet, if your ship has a fuel scoop fitted you could fly into its atmosphere and syphon hydrogen out of it and convert it into free fuel)

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 28 Vlcsnap-2013-10-24-01h58m04s64_zpsab34cbf5

A dawn take off with the systems large sun rising-

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 28 Vlcsnap-2013-10-23-03h11m39s106_zpse004d481

And out into space leaving De Gualworld behind-

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 28 Vlcsnap-2013-10-23-03h12m22s25_zpsbd2ea9b8

Flying to dock with the Dublin Orbital Citadel, in the distance silhouetted by the sun-

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 28 Vlcsnap-2013-10-23-03h08m21s147_zps47c05dba

Whilst behind the terraformed world of Hope, bathed in the full light of the sun, gently spins in space-

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 28 Vlcsnap-2013-10-23-03h09m00s176_zps43d4f074

You can get everything you need to begin your career in the Elite universe here, along with instructions -

http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7168
I'm going to buy it after I get off my Skyrim binge, which may last a while Laughing 

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:04 am

Above version is a sporran friendly absolutely free RA cheers - a good place to start before Elite Dangerous launches next year.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:15 am

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:34 pm

Does anyone here like The Walking Dead by Telltale Games?

Season 2 trailer was just released today.

The Walking Dead: Season Two continues the story of Clementine, a young girl orphaned by the undead apocalypse. Left to fend for herself, she has been forced to learn how to survive in a world gone mad.

Many months have passed since the events seen in Season One of The Walking Dead, and Clementine is searching for safety. But what can an ordinary child do to stay alive when the living can be just as bad -- and sometimes worse -- than the dead?

As Clementine, you will be tested by situations and dilemmas that will test your morals and your instinct for survival. Your decisions and actions will change the story around you, in this sequel to 2012's Game of the Year.

Key Features:

-Decisions you made in Season One and in 400 Days will affect your story in Season Two
-Based on Robert Kirkman's award-winning comic books
-Play as Clementine, an orphaned girl forced to grow up fast by the world around her
-A sequel to 2012's Game of the Year
It's good they're continuing Clem's story, it'll also be interesting to see how the people we met in the 400 Days DLC will tie into her story.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:31 pm

I still need to finish the first story. But it was fun from what little I played. Smile 

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:50 am

UgridstoLoad=7 is a bad idea with 4k textures Laughing 

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:52 am

I haven't tried enough games to fill out a top ten, but here's a top 5:

1. Age of Empires III - I never did fully master this game and would lose on the harder settings fairly consistently, but I enjoyed playing the story-modes. It was pretty cheap, but in said story-mode, whenever I played as the Ottomans the AI wouldn't comprehend the idea of the insane range on the Great Bombards and would sit around as their structures fell one by one--my troops safely perched on a neighboring hill-top.

2. HOMM 3 - This was nearly the first computer game I'd ever played. My cousins and I would sneak into the office at the nursery where we lived when business was slow and take turns playing the multi-player mode on the work computers. This was back in 2000, which was a long time ago for me. Also, my first ever was the 1992 Macintosh Oregon Trail, good times Smile)

3. LotRO - I spent a good 5 years playing this game, on and off. At first I simply enjoyed the game-play itself, but then as time went on and everything became awfully familiar I only really played for the social aspect of it. I became quite proficient at leading raids and fellowships, and there was always a certain satisfaction out of getting a group of disparate players to accomplish difficult tasks. The PvP was also a big draw to me, even though with my internet connection I could only play during the slow hours. Still, it led to lots of conversations with Aussies and such, and that was always entertaining. Smile

I read somewhere the criticism of LotRO as a "hack-and-slash" ripoff of Tolkien's legacy. I have to say, for the most part the game took Tolkien more seriously than Jackson ever did. To this day, when reading the LotR, I can visualize the placement of all of Northern Middle Earth thanks to the hours (let's be honest, weeks, literally) spent exploring that landscape. The community was really great as well, the best I've ever found in online gaming by FAR.

4. DotA 2 - I don't like to admit to liking this game, but as I enjoy it mostly for the challenge and variability in its game-play I shall include it here. Even if the community is the worst I've ever encountered (This includes online Microsoft checkers).

5. Various PS2 titles (Do these count?) - It's a fair toss-up between Shadow of the Colossus, LOTR: The Return of the King, any GTA, Burnout (my sister and I enjoyed some epic competition in this game with split-screen), and God of War I and II.

6. Bonus Round! - Favourite GoW I and II quotes

Kratos, pretty much whenever engaging socially with others: "I WILL make you suffer!"

Kratos: I throw down my arms, Zeus! *face softens, shoulder droop* Release me from this torment of my life... *drops to his knees, throwing down his weapons at the same time*
Zeus: I will release you from your life, my son... *picks up Bade of Olympus for decapitation* *draws back blade for final strike* ...but your Torment is Just Beginning!"
Kratos: *Eyes widen dramatically, followed by Epic Reversal* (or simple decapitation, as was more likely when I tried to beat it)

Kratos riding Pegasus: Turn back to Olympus, beast! I must face Zeus!" *Pegasus ignores him* YOU DEFY THE GOD OF WAR?!?  Laughing 

Kratos, dying: You will pay for this Zeus... *coughs up some blood* Be certain.. of that... *coughs up more blood, then falls over*

Nameless Grecian Soldier: Thank you! Thank the gods you came back for me!
Kratos: I didn't come back for you.
Soldier: Nooooo!
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:04 pm

I always wanted to try Lord of the Rings Online, but I never did. I downloaded a free trial once, but only played for a day or so. It looks good and I've heard good things about it. The fact that it has a good PvP system makes it even more attractive Smile How casual-friendly is it? I used to play WoW a few years back, but that got way too time-consuming and also the game has been so incredibly dumbed down that it is no longer fun to play (or wasn't any more when I quit, which is years ago). I did enjoy it a lot while it lasted, though, playing with friends in raids and arenas and other pvp games was the most fun I've ever had with computer games Very Happy I don't think I'll ever get back to MMORPGs now, but if I was to do that, is Lotro still worth playing or has it died more or less?

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 28 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:09 pm

I tried playing WoW a couple years ago. I quit after an hour (it was free to play until level 20 I think). It was just so boring. Sleep  LOTRO had the same feeling of go here, do this, do that, collect 10 of these, kill 15 of these. Ugh. If you like MMO's, more power to ya, but they're just not for me. Neutral 

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:20 pm

I can see how they might feel repetitive, but when WoW first came out in 2004 or whatever it was it was great, but I think MMOs are games that have to be played with friends, or they'll get boring. I can imagine it would be like playing football all by yourself Wink

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:29 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:I can see how they might feel repetitive, but when WoW first came out in 2004 or whatever it was it was great, but I think MMOs are games that have to be played with friends, or they'll get boring. I can imagine it would be like playing football all by yourself Wink
I'm sorry to say that, to me, the game has become dumbed down. The Mines of Moria expansion a few years back was probably the highlight of the game's history. Since then, such horrors and locked lootboxes (requiring purchasable keys), far too many grinding mechanisms in-game, as well as the introduction of RNG loot-tables to all instances and raids. Overall it has really lost its charm, past it's prime, nothing but a big fat grind-fest. This is really a shame, as the game just got to Rohan. Sad
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:16 pm

I hate grinding! Evil or Very Mad And Ive yet to meet a MMO that wasnt about grinding however they tried to hide it.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:15 pm

Shame to hear it, Forest. They are grind fests most of them, the only one I played that didn't feel like that was Warhammer Online - that was a fantastic game with the best PvP system I've seen Very Happy Sadly that game didn't attract many players and is shutting down this year I believe.

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:33 pm

What do you guys think of Elder Scrolls Online? Excited? Worried?

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:46 pm

Zero Punctuation reviews Call of Duty Ghosts (I've been waiting on this review, and I wasnt disappointed Laughing )

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:07 am

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:30 am

So anyone going to get a PS4 or XBOX One?

I might, but a year or two down the line.

I don't play games online and I'm not bothered about all the multimedia add ons, but even so the launch games don't look very exciting, it really dosen't seem like that big a leap forward for me-heck I still fire up my N64 once in a while...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:36 am

This accurately sums up my opinion of the matter-

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:40 am

malickfan wrote:
I might, but a year or two down the line.

I just built my gaming rig in August so the flashy graphics aren't that impressive. Plus, but most importantly, I'd feel like a jerk if I spent all this money on a gaming rig and ended up just playing on a console. Razz 
It's funny that you mentioned the N64; I hooked mine back up a couple months ago. Still works and so does Majora's Mask cheers

edit. We both used videos to summarize our opinions lol! 

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:52 am

I'm buying an Xbox One sometime in January, I hope Smile Will be playing online mostly, I guess, but I do look forward to the remake of the original Fable game Very Happy

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:31 pm

I am hoping my PS4 will arrive tomorrow. Game (UK gaming retailer if you didnt know) aren't being very helpful right now. If anyone else gets one and has a multiplayer game or two... be happy to give you a pasting on it!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next