Turembar
Norc
Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
Lancebloke
33 posters

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 15 Empty Re: Favourite computer games of all time.

Post by Lorient Avandi Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:17 am

I wouldn't put it past either one. Sony has the patent out for it, and they need money far more than MS does.
As for console names, have any idea what they'll actually be called? I've heard that both could just go with their root name, like Apple did with the Ipad. Other than that I've only heard of PS4 for Playstation, unless you count the code name 'Orbis'. I've heard of several for the Xbox: Infinity, 720 just to name a couple.

Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 15 Empty Re: Favourite computer games of all time.

Post by RA Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:43 am

Totalbiscuit did a news update about the patent. It seems like it's more about Blu-rays than games, but who can say with all these rumors flying around. I don't get why the two can't just release a piece of hardware with more power. It wouldn't be hard - the 360 and ps3 are seven years old.
There's talk of the new Xbox coming with a Kinect built in. They both might block used games. They're making this whole thing really complicated.

If it turns out to be true.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:23 pm

A terrible idea in my view. And I dont know how it is in other countries but here it would mean the end of high street game shops- at least half their business is in the preowned market.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:35 pm

According to the video, 60% of GameStop's customers won't buy a system that blocks used games.
Could cause this generation to crash if Microsoft and Sony aren't careful.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:01 am

Anyone watch the PS4 press conference today? Apparently the new console will be out later this year in time for the holidays.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:37 am

While I love Xbox, PS4 looks amazing! The controller has been vastly upgraded and many of the other features (vita integration, playstation eye, the game streaming, play games while downloading, etc) sounded great! This makes me really excited to see what MS decides to do! (Oh and Bungies Destiny looked amazing, and its awesome that Diablo III is coming to consoles!)
Favorite thing they didn't do... Didn't announce a used game block!

Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:54 am

Lorient Anvandi wrote:Favorite thing they didn't do... Didn't announce a used game block!
If the patent is for just blu-rays and not ps4 games.
But then l didn't see the conference. Did they say the patent wasn't for their games?
I'm really looking forward to the enhanced hardware though. Very Happy Should be good.

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:57 am

Like I've said before, many companies never, ever, use patents they have. The patent was to block used games, but they have announced the PS4 will not do so. If you go through patents that some companies file for, Microsoft, Sony, and Apple included, you will find tons of them that have never been and will never be commercially used.

Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:22 am

Lorient Avandi wrote:The patent was to block used games, but they have announced the PS4 will not do so.
Well that's good news then. cheers
Hopefully this will make Microsoft not ban used games maybe. If it's just the one system doing it, the ban probably won't stick; options are a wonderful resource. The patent just seemed to come at an odd time if they didn't plan on using it. Odd Shrugging

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:56 am

steam is annoying for that

Gypsy gal, the hands of Harlem

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:40 pm

So apparently the PS4 won't be backwards compatible with PS3 games? That kind of sucks for anyone who's bought a PS3 game in the last year or two.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:41 pm

classic games will be put up on psn

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:42 pm

Will you have to pay again for them?
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:43 pm

if you haven't bought them through psn, yes

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:42 pm

Well that's no fun. I wonder if the 720 will be backwards compatible at least or if the used game ban will only effect the next gen games.
Come to think of it, how long do you think the servers for this generation will remain after the arrival of the ps4 and 720?

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:32 pm

We will see if MS decides to ban used games. I doubt it, it would be a nail in the coffin of Xbox if they decide to, especially if Playstation isnt. While the PS4 will not be backwatds compatible with discs, it will be fully backwards compatible by streaming games, though backwards compatibility has never been a major deal, if you have the games you should still have the system to play on. I expect that the "720" (System has a variety of rumored names, unlike the Playstation, which had like 2), will have limited backwards compatibity, similar to the 360-Xbox compatibility. I have to say I am surprised that the PS4 will not be natively backwards compatible, given Sony's track record of having full complatibility with previous systems.

As for support of old systems, it really depends on what you mean. While I believe that MS will continue to keep the 360 servers up for online access for several more years, at least 3 (original Xbox online services were killed in April 2010, nearly 5 years after the 360's release). Given the way they handled new Xbox games after the release of the 360 i doubt that after the first year, maybe two games will continue to come for the 360. If you look back at the 360 release, games only had wide releases for the original xbox for about a year, and the last original xbox game was Madden 09, released in fall 2008, and that had only a very limited release.

As for Playstation, i expect online capabilities to continue to be supported for at least 5 more years, with a variety of games released during that period. Looking at how long they continued strong support for the PS2 (Sony only announced they would discontinue support for the system earlier this year or late last year, dont remember which.)

Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:15 pm

is it easy 2 forget its eeasyoly done

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:29 pm

Ally wrote:Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 15 41436410

From my live journal, 5 years ago to the day
Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing

so theyre bringing back runescape circa 2007 and even though i haven't logged in for over 3 years they keep sending me emails Evil or Very Mad

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:47 am

Apparently EA now wants micro-transactions in all of their games.

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:51 am

does anyone play runsecape?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:46 pm

Played a lot of Skyrim in my time away- here's some of my fav pics taken during play-

I knew I'd parked somewhere in this jungle!
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 15 Skyrimwallpapers144_zps5916da98

Not all caves are dark and dingy (but yes, they are all dangerous)
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 15 Skyrimwallpapers137_zps98bc64d2

Never accept an invitation to dinner from a vampire. pale
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 15 Skyrimwallpapers133_zps94e02e94

Should have brought a bow.
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 15 Skyrimwallpapers128_zps5a66bb8c

'Your doing just fine Lydia, I've got you covered, from way, way back here.'
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 15 Skyrimwallpapers126_zps6e9dc1db

Have you got any buckie?
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 15 Skyrimwallpapers115_zpsab5e6b3a

Where the hell is the post office?
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 15 Skyrimwallpapers106_zpse11cce87

Worst game of patty-cake ever. Mad
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 15 Skyrimwallpapers103_zpsa085cfb8

Looks nice, but no its not safe there either.
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 15 Skyrimwallpapers96_zps5e665e29

'Dead by Dawn! Dead by Dawn!'
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 15 Skyrimwallpapers94_zps55948914

Just say 'aaah'
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 15 Skyrimwallpapers13_zpsdc23ad12

Nothing good lives in spooky green lighting, fact.
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 15 Skyrimwallpapers4_zpsb623da2e

If I could find a suitable barrel, I could live here.
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 15 Skyrimwallpapers8_zps2fd34da3

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:44 am

Wow, is that the natural game? Or with mods? Either way it looks fantastic, far better than most other gameplay footage I've seen.

Oh and that last pic would do JJ Abrams proud. Rolling Eyes

Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:13 pm

Its modded to hell Lorient- right now it has approx 140 mods running! (thankyou nexus mod manger for making it so easy compared to Oblivion- and BOSS for taking the hassle out of load order issues).

I will put a few more pics up later.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:14 pm

Question, is it best to fight a flying dragon or when its on the ground?

Flying- plus point- its very hard for the dragon to hit you.
downside- its bloody hard to hit the dragon!
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 15 Skyrimwallpapers26_zps17efdff0

On the ground- pluspoint- you can hide and attack from a distance whilst it eats someone else.
downside- it will eventually eat everyone else and come looking for you, and it will eat your companons.
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 15 Skyrimwallpapers27_zps72418b29

On the ground- plus point- you can get at the bugger and whack it on the nose.
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 15 Skyrimwallpapers24_zpsd90763a5

downside- it can get at you too.
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 15 Skyrimwallpapers22_zps1a5310e4

Shelobs uglier cousin!
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 15 Skyrimwallpapers139_zpsa9d11483

Hitting people in the face is always fun!
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 15 Skyrimwallpapers2_zps582f67c8

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 15 Skyrimwallpapers107_zpsdeb2e416

The Skyrim art of Heroic Posing.
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 15 Skyrimwallpapers93_zpsba328117

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 15 Skyrimwallpapers3_zps9271c956

Not sure Lydia has quite got the hang of it.
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 15 Skyrimwallpapers118_zpsa6127b99

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 15 Skyrimwallpapers92_zpse6c87e43

Although she does do a nice line in adoring hero worship.
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 15 Skyrimwallpapers98_zpsfd98f23e

And she is handy for lights in the dark.
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 15 Skyrimwallpapers90_zps3905ce5d

Skyrim general rule 5- the prettier the place, the bigger the bastard lurking inside it.
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 15 Skyrimwallpapers112_zps2e8b4c5f

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 15 Skyrimwallpapers88_zpsc9460f2d

oops- SORRY!
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 15 Skyrimwallpapers146_zps3889054e

If you use the Frostbite mod (and I recommend you do) the sight of a roaring fire on a cold night is a thing of joy.
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 15 Skyrimwallpapers18_zps3a38b7ed

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:40 pm

Like I said, still looks amazing. Too bad I don't have a PC that can run anything remotely close to that.

Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next