Turembar
Norc
Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
Lancebloke
33 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 25 Empty Re: Favourite computer games of all time.

Post by bungobaggins Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:22 am

Over labor day weekend I visited with my grandparents and my aunt/uncle/cousins. My cousins (4th grade and 6th grade) showed me all their video games. They had computer games, they had an xbox 360, they had a 3ds. Good grief. They roped me into beating a level from Portal for them. They were so impressed, and for once in my life I felt useful. Then they started to play GTA IV. pale Oh, how I wish parents would follow the game ratings system. I really don't think GTA is for 10 or 12 year olds.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 25 Empty Re: Favourite computer games of all time.

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:28 am

There is a very good reason for the rating system- I wish parents would pay some attention to it as when they dont it gets the whole industry in the shit and only leads to less quality games targeted at adults.

Talking GTA- bit of an epic- over 2 hours long- but stick this on in the background when doing something else- even better put it on in the background when a visitor is round and see how long it takes them to notice whats actually being said! Very Happy 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:11 pm

So.. the Sun linked a mugging and stabbing to GTA V just because someone happened to be on their way from Asda having bought it at the midnight release. Maybe being on the streets of London at that time is the reason, not GTA V causing the kids to go crazy!!!

Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:41 pm

From reading reports about it in a few places GTA seems to be a non part of this story beyond being the reason the person was out- they were not targeted to get the game, they were mugged for all the usual reason people get mugged, robbery, and they happened to have the game on them.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:48 pm

So it looks like the marketing department for GTA V did their job well. Shocked

GTA 5 pulls in $800 million in one day - Polygon
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:07 pm

I dont the marketing department had much to do- gamers have been building up to a frenzy over the prospect of a new GTA since the last one came out.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:10 pm

Yeah, I'm sure the fact that the GTA franchise doesn't churn out a new game every year or two is part of the reason this was even bigger than, say, COD.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:33 am

Call of Duty is like a sports game now.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:55 pm

Thats true RA, I hadnt thought of it that way but it is more like a yearly dose of FIFA than anything else.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:40 am

I hate Nintendo. I'll have to get a Wii U because of this.

And Smash Bros.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:02 am

I know what you mean - I wasn't going to buy the new xbox for all microsoft's bull***t until I found out Fable Legends will be xbox exclusive, as well as a few other games that I'd like to try. They always seem to find a way to reel in the hesitant ones as well Wink

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 25 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:04 am

By the way, GTA 5 arrived by mail today - I'll save it for tomorrow when I'm hung over Very Happy I was going to wait, but the reviews and videos of it on release day made me order it right away Laughing

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:23 pm

Ive searched the emoticons but I cant find one to convey 'you lucky bastard' and the feelings of jealousy that I want to convey. Mad 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:43 pm

Very Happy 

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:34 am

I was reading that the 360 version of GTA V has to have one disc installed on the hard drive and another disc to be read simultaneously in order for the game to load assets and textures properly.
I think it's a real sign that 8 year old hardware is going to have a hard time with these newer releases.

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:45 am

No worries... only 2 months to wait until the new hardware is out!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:22 am

Installing it as I type - my poor old xbox! I still use the first one with only a few gb's of harddrive space, had to delete a few other games I no longer play to make space for gta.

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:07 pm

My 360 is so ancient it was the first version with no HD at all (I use a 20gig flash drive in one of the usb slots) and is about the size and weight of a small house. Evil or Very Mad 
But I must have got lucky as despite the years of mistreatment and buckie spills, it has never suffered the red ring of death (not even the time I spilled curry on it and that always gives me the red ring Evil or Very Mad )

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:45 pm

Valve is making an OS based on linux for gaming. Seems interesting.

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:58 pm

Yeah been keeping an eye on this one vaguely just cause its Valve- still not quite sure what it is or how it works- does it come in some sort of console form? Does it just run on your pc like Steam?
Does it run on anything with internet access? So in theory on your xbox or ps? I havent quite worked out what it is they are doing yet.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:10 pm

Grand Theft Auto 5 is great, much more fun and lengthier than its underwhelming forerunner.

It makes a nice to change to be legally old enough to the play the game this time around...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:35 pm

Haven't had the chance to play much yet, but I'm liking it a lot too. The multiple character thing was my only worry prior to release, but it has only been a positive experience so far Smile

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:55 pm

I hate you both Mad 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:11 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Yeah been keeping an eye on this one vaguely just cause its Valve- still not quite sure what it is or how it works- does it come in some sort of console form? Does it just run on your pc like Steam?
Does it run on anything with internet access? So in theory on your xbox or ps? I havent quite worked out what it is they are doing yet.
From what I can gather, it seems like an operating system you'd install on your PC. When games are run on it (the few that are supported on it, but that's another story) there's supposed to be a frame rate boost versus playing the same games on Windows. Valve is also releasing the Steam box.

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 25 Xi3-piston-03

I guess this thing is supposed to be able to stream content from your PC on to another TV in a different room. Steam's Big Picture mode is a good fit for that and with an OS built around gaming like a console but with potentially superior hardware it starts to make sense. My problem is I don't see who this is for.
Say if I got this I could stream games to my living room and play on the couch with a gamepad. I could already do that with a console though. Well I'm sure Valve has some sort of master plan to tie it all together Smile

Though I could be wrong. I'm not really too sure how all these things Valve is throwing are going to cooperate.

Last edited by Recoveryanonymous on Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:12 am

Thanks for the info RA, although Im not sure its cleared matters much, although thats Valves fault not yours.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next