Turembar
Norc
Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
Lancebloke
33 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 32 Empty Re: Favourite computer games of all time.

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:17 pm

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 32 Empty Re: Favourite computer games of all time.

Post by RA Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:29 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Very handy- I shall have to take a look at that and see how it works out.

It's really awesome. I ran from one end of the map to the other at 2000 speed and didn't crash. I used to be afraid of galloping the horse. No longer  Very Happy 

I'm going to edit the ugrid value now. Before I couldn't paly for more than twenty minutes with 7. I'm going to try 9 now  Twisted Evil 

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:31 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Shadows of Mordor- oh dear!  Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 

Looks like a paste and copy of assassins creed with PJ based graphics and someone taking a massive dump on Tolkien lore  Evil or Very Mad 

To think we lost MERP in Skyrim for this nonsense  No 

Sadly this game's existence has a very high price: MERP. Too high to bear for me. I can only turn my head away.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:22 pm

It's really awesome.- RA

Yup got to say it seems to have solved the memory problem nicely. Between it, stableugridstoload and ENBBoost I havent had a infinite load or crash since  cheers 

(Its amazing how unfinished Bethseida put the game out as. On which note the Civil War Overhaul is worth a look- but really requires a new game- but it in the words of the modder 'its like the programmers went for lunch one day and just never came back to finish it'- the civil war in the game is a shadow of what was intended in the code which was a dynamic civil war with Holds changing hands, extra missions, consequences for picking sides and the ability to lose the war- the Overhaul restores it all and he has finished off the missing code. Another similar sort of thing is Cutting Room floor, which restores various objects, NPC's and quests which were finished inthe code but for reasons best known to Bethseida never switched on)

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:49 pm

Lancebloke wrote:Petty - those games that I mentioned a few posts ago (that everyone ignored me on  Sad  ).... Wondered if the second one would be something that would interest you.

Also, the A.I. engine that they are building for the Alien in Isolation sounds interesting.
I didn't mean to ignore you on them, I did look up Isolation after you posted it and thought it looked very interesting.

Edit: that Shadow of Angmar thing is truly terrible.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:55 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:It's really awesome.- RA

Yup got to say it seems to have solved the memory problem nicely. Between it, stableugridstoload and ENBBoost I havent had a infinite load or crash since  cheers 

(Its amazing how unfinished Bethseida put the game out as. On which note the Civil War Overhaul is worth a look- but really requires a new game- but it in the words of the modder 'its like the programmers went for lunch one day and just never came back to finish it'- the civil war in the game is a shadow of what was intended in the code which was a dynamic civil war with Holds changing hands, extra missions, consequences for picking sides and the ability to lose the war- the Overhaul restores it all and he has finished off the missing code. Another similar sort of thing is Cutting Room floor, which restores various objects, NPC's and quests which were finished inthe code but for reasons best known to Bethseida never switched on)

I installed Civil War Overhaul and am going to try it out.
Ugrids 9 is stable  cheers 

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:47 am

The current build of Frontier I am playing, you can get all you need to be up and playing from here, where the superb AndyJ has been tweaking the code and performing miracles-

http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7168

Note this is still the original game under the hood with graphics improved by some Russians and the code tweaked by AndyJ- but its the same game from 1993!

Welcome to the Universe!

(Its quite a big place- and this is just a small slice of the map)

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 32 Vlcsnap-2013-10-21-16h28m29s30_zps4952269a

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 32 Vlcsnap-2013-10-21-16h33m51s175_zpsc3801630

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 32 Vlcsnap-2013-10-21-18h39m50s218_zpse10f6a50

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 32 Vlcsnap-2013-10-19-00h11m37s13_zps2096ada0

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 32 Vlcsnap-2013-10-18-16h54m09s127_zps7329c837

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:35 pm

Recoveryanonymous wrote:
Pettytyrant101 wrote:Shadows of Mordor- oh dear!  Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 

Looks like a paste and copy of assassins creed with PJ based graphics and someone taking a massive dump on Tolkien lore  Evil or Very Mad 

To think we lost MERP in Skyrim for this nonsense  No 

Sadly this game's existence has a very high price: MERP. Too high to bear for me. I can only turn my head away.

Haha. These games have the tendency for me to make the movies seem well thought through.  Laughing 

I do find it strange that computer games falls in under the original agreement about film and merchandising rights though. Would they really have been mentioned in the contract as early as it was written. And if not wouldn't it require a dynamic interpretation to allow Warner to licence the release of these things? That would certainly be a very foreign construct under fjordlandian law..

Anyone know if the original agreement is available anywhere online?

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:37 pm

RA would be the person to know that sort of thing I reckon. He was involved in the campaign to save MERP from Warner Brothers ad EA's corporate teeth, sadly it failed and this tripe is what we get instead.  Evil or Very Mad 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:54 pm

Dynamic interpretation ( reading more into a contract than it actually states because the outward circumstances has changed, in this case ) might be more common under english contract law. Shrugging 

It's just a bit of a foreign concept to me that the copyright holder should sign away more rights than he did in the original contract, without agreeing to do so specifically.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:36 pm

It's been awhile since I checked but the reason for the ongoing lawsuits between Warner Brothers and the Tolkien Estate has to do with IP control. In the original contract the film rights and merchandising rights were given up. The rights to non-tangible digital media specifically was not given up (or even really existed at the time.) The Tolkien Estate is using that basis for their lawsuit under the reasoning that the slot machines and computer games (legally the non-tangible ones) are hurting Tolkien's image; they're mostly taking issue with the slot machines though. Warner Brothers struck back and somehow the countersuit was allowed to proceed on the basis that the original lawsuit cost Warner Brothers money by preventing them from exploiting the IP for a few months. The Last update was ironically on the day MERP ended, July 11th. I'm not really sure how this is going to play out. I don't like the prospect of Warner Brothers winning unlimited rights to the IP.

Here's a link to an article with the Tolkien Estate's original lawsuit.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/tolkien-estate-sues-warner-bros-393212

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:23 am

Gonna get those Freespace games soon from GOG.

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:28 am

I have freesace2 installed at the moment- a brilliant spaceflight sim- you will properly want to mod it with FS2Open once you get it and make it look a lot nicer.
Let me know if you need any help there.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:26 am

In the meantime I just bought a ton of D&D games from GOG because they're 80% off right now.

Starting up a new file on Baldur's Gate...

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:27 pm

Recoveryanonymous wrote:It's been awhile since I checked but the reason for the ongoing lawsuits between Warner Brothers and the Tolkien Estate has to do with IP control. In the original contract the film rights and merchandising rights were given up. The rights to non-tangible digital media specifically was not given up (or even really existed at the time.) The Tolkien Estate is using that basis for their lawsuit under the reasoning that the slot machines and computer games (legally the non-tangible ones) are hurting Tolkien's image; they're mostly taking issue with the slot machines though. Warner Brothers struck back and somehow the countersuit was allowed to proceed on the basis that the original lawsuit cost Warner Brothers money by preventing them from exploiting the IP for a few months. The Last update was ironically on the day MERP ended, July 11th. I'm not really sure how this is going to play out. I don't like the prospect of Warner Brothers winning unlimited rights to the IP.

Here's a link to an article with the Tolkien Estate's original lawsuit.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/tolkien-estate-sues-warner-bros-393212

Thank you for the feedback, RA. It will be interesting to see how it turns out. If the contract doesn't mention non-tangible digital rights I think it would take a lot for a court to rule that the weaker party of the agreement, here the writer, should have given up those rights. When it hasn't been directly stipulated.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:07 am

Money talks I guess.

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:08 am

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:09 am

Laughing The dialogue is just as good as the original!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:38 pm

Don't laugh at Todd Howard!
 Very Happy 

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:58 pm

I have mixed feelings on Mr Howard.
On the one hand he did Morrowind to Skyrim- on the other he has progressively dumbed the series down and made it more and more a game that holds your hand and doesn't want you to ever lose, and the main quest line has got shorter and shallower with every instalment.
Hell you have to mod the crap out of Skyrim just to get a decent game out of it.
Vanilla Skyrim is simple, short and easy.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:15 pm

Sure he's not much of a biological weapon, but he's far from a failure... Wink

I get where you're coming from though. I can't go back to vanilla Skyrim.

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:06 am

Talking Skyrim I cannot recommend the companion mod Vilja highly enough.
I was already sold on this, from the intriguing quest you go on with her to the way new facets of it keep developing the longer you play to the surprisingly large amount of dialogue she has for a surprising variety of situations.
Great options too, give her the right equipment she can set up camp, light campfires, you can designate anywhere 'home' for her, help her find her favourite spots to walk and sit in, and if you have other companions you can get them to keep her company (rather handy as it means they follow her not you so you only need to dismiss her when you want some alone time and any other companions set to follow her will stay also, saving you having to tell them all to wait). Give her a freer reign and she can also suggest places go an lead the way there, go shopping for things she needs and get drunk in inns and dance on the tables. She sings, plays flute and learns to play the lute as you go along.
And not only that take along a vanilla character, like Lydia and Vilja will happily talk away with her  too!
Heres a short brief of a snippet of their conversations, as its a good example of how much better written and performed this mod character is over Bethesda own limited repertoire bunch (ie Lydia the stilted).
A few short clips I recorded whilst playing of them discussing exploring ruins together, amulets of Mara and the sweet roll diet!-

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:09 pm

A nice overview of the Vilja mod without giving too much away-

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26393/?#content

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:08 pm

Middle earth mod for Skyrim!!

Moria

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 32 51319-4-1392899031_zpsa13e5a21

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 32 51319-5-1392899091_zpsb52fc9b3

Lothlorien

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 32 51319-3-1392899274_zps8f968a0d

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 32 51319-4-1392899275_zpsd968466e

Rohan

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 32 51319-5-1392899623_zpsf4a86175

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 32 51319-5-1392899709_zps0d1ce749

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51319/?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:49 pm

Wow, that looks great Very Happy

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 32 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next