The New Improved Girlie Gossip thread - boys out!!

+21
Biffo Banks
Beren
Pretty Tyrant
Orwell
Baingil
Porgy Bunk-Banks
Brian Boru
Wisey Banks
Eldorion
Saradoc
Mirabella
Tinuviel
Ally
Ringdrotten
Squach
Gandalf's Beard
Admin
janesmith
Pettytyrant101
odo banks
Kafria
25 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

The New Improved Girlie Gossip thread - boys out!! - Page 10 Empty Re: The New Improved Girlie Gossip thread - boys out!!

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:33 am

Not exactly peeping, no.....

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

The New Improved Girlie Gossip thread - boys out!! - Page 10 Empty Re: The New Improved Girlie Gossip thread - boys out!!

Post by Wisey Banks Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:59 am

"I was never peepin',"
said little Petty Tyrant,
"It's not the kind of naughty thing
that I would be a'tryant

for butter wouldna melt in me mouth
if you had butter, you'd be a'lucky,
no, butter wouldna melt in me mouth -
that's where I put me buckie!

As to all this peepin'
a certain lassy does allege,
all i did was was go a'walkin'
along by a certain window ledge

at half past two's a funny time
i'm sure you'd be a'thinkin'
but i was out-of-my-way,
mainly due to drinkin'

so if i glimpsed inside a room
seen somethin' worth a'peepin'
well, ladies who do you-know-what...
will soon have their secrets a'leakin'..."

From "The Ballad of the Buckied Sleepwalker."

Wisey Banks

Chief Forumshire Channeller

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:17 pm

Wisey Banks wrote:"I was never peepin',"
that I would be a'tryant

As to all this peepin'

but i was out-of-my-way,
mainly due to drinkin'

Wisey Banks

Hey- are you related to Wise Odo by any chance?

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:30 am

Ally wrote:
Wisey Banks wrote:"I was never peepin',"
that I would be a'tryant

As to all this peepin'

but i was out-of-my-way,
mainly due to drinkin'

Wisey Banks

Hey- are you related to Wise Odo by any chance?

Same as. There was some renaming, I've heard tell, during that Dark Planet Crisis a ways back. (I hear Wisey is meditating, else he'd reply himself. Wise Odo - ahh --- doesn't it take us back to a time when life was simpler and the grass was greener, back before they built that Mill near The Water! Sad )

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Biffo Banks Tue May 13, 2014 10:21 am

Fookin' Darrg Plunet! Eye remumba - doen youse worries aboot thart!  Mad 

Braneyobbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue May 13, 2014 3:34 pm

Hey Biffo-I have ben thinking about draggin ole Wisey out and down the Duck n' Muck or some duckies and some channelings- think he will come? I through a free buckie in, once I find someone willing to pay for the round.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue May 13, 2014 3:45 pm

Going back to what began this thread, I think I only enjoy Jane Austen for the portrayal of the hilariously stilted British upper class culture of the time. In Pride and Prejudice (or was it Crime and Punishment? I never can keep them straight) there's a scene where to pass time at a gathering two characters begin to wander about what must be a massive room admiring various books and artifacts, then come upon another character perched somewhere in the room (victorians love to perch and promenade) and spend some time trying to convince him of the merits of this entertainment....

What a bunch of preening useless fuss budgets. I usually read her books with my mouth hanging open in awe. If I was part of that culture I would have shot myself by age 15.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue May 13, 2014 5:16 pm

Mark Twain wrote:Jane Austen? Why I go so far as to say that any library is a good library that does not contain a volume by Jane Austen. Even if it contains no other book.
- quoted in Remembered Yesterdays, Robert Underwood Johnson

To me his prose is unreadable -- like Jane Austin's [sic]. No there is a difference. I could read his prose on salary, but not Jane's. Jane is entirely impossible. It seems a great pity that they allowed her to die a natural death.
- Letter to W. D. Howells, 18 January 1909

Jane Austen's books, too, are absent from this library. Just that one omission alone would make a fairly good library out of a library that hadn't a book in it.
- Following the Equator

I haven't any right to criticise books, and I don't do it except when I hate them. I often want to criticise Jane Austen, but her books madden me so that I can't conceal my frenzy from the reader; and therefore I have to stop every time I begin. Everytime I read 'Pride and Prejudice' I want to dig her up and beat her over the skull with her own shin-bone.
- Letter to Joseph Twichell, 13 September 1898

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue May 13, 2014 5:42 pm

halfwise wrote:Going back to what began this thread, I think I only enjoy Jane Austen for the portrayal of the hilariously stilted British upper class culture of the time.  In Pride and Prejudice (or was it Crime and Punishment?  I never can keep them straight) there's a scene where to pass time at a gathering two characters begin to wander about what must be a massive room admiring various books and artifacts, then come upon another character perched somewhere in the room (victorians love to perch and promenade) and spend some time trying to convince him of the merits of this entertainment....

What a bunch of preening useless fuss budgets.  I usually read her books with my mouth hanging open in awe.  If I was part of that culture I would have shot myself by age 15.

I think the two female promenaders wanted the gentlemen to notice their exquisitely turned ankles and artfully dampened sprigged muslins. Womens clothes during the Regency period were minimal and sometimes transparent because the fine cotton was dampened so as to show what lay beneath, they didnt wear underwear. The Victorians stopped all that nonsense.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue May 13, 2014 5:54 pm

bungobaggins wrote:
Mark Twain wrote: Everytime I read 'Pride and Prejudice' I want to dig her up and beat her over the skull with her own shin-bone.
- Letter to Joseph Twichell, 13 September 1898

And just how many times was that, I wonder.....? scratch 

The New Improved Girlie Gossip thread - boys out!! - Page 10 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  The New Improved Girlie Gossip thread - boys out!! - Page 10 UJpDi The New Improved Girlie Gossip thread - boys out!! - Page 10 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue May 13, 2014 5:56 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:Womens clothes during the Regency period were minimal and sometimes transparent because the fine cotton was dampened so as to show what lay beneath, they didnt wear underwear.

I want to see THAT film adaptation! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

The New Improved Girlie Gossip thread - boys out!! - Page 10 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  The New Improved Girlie Gossip thread - boys out!! - Page 10 UJpDi The New Improved Girlie Gossip thread - boys out!! - Page 10 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10