The New Improved Girlie Gossip thread - boys out!!

+21
Biffo Banks
Beren
Pretty Tyrant
Orwell
Baingil
Porgy Bunk-Banks
Brian Boru
Wisey Banks
Eldorion
Saradoc
Mirabella
Tinuviel
Ally
Ringdrotten
Squach
Gandalf's Beard
Admin
janesmith
Pettytyrant101
odo banks
Kafria
25 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The New Improved Girlie Gossip thread - boys out!! - Page 4 Empty Re: The New Improved Girlie Gossip thread - boys out!!

Post by Squach Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:38 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Careful of those lamposts!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I like poking things with sticks. Get over it.
Bouncy bouncy  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bouncy bouncy Smile
Your mum.
Squach
Squach
Princess Of All Things Fashionable

Location : Brit-rain. Yorkshire, yo. On the sofa poking Kafria.

Back to top Go down

The New Improved Girlie Gossip thread - boys out!! - Page 4 Empty Re: The New Improved Girlie Gossip thread - boys out!!

Post by Kafria Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:07 pm

Well I did it! Finally finished knitting my first jumper. Started the sewing up tonight, shoulders and side seams done (the most boring part so far! ) Collar looks a bit odd though, meant to be a cowl neck, but it doesn't fall right!! and it will look wrong with a t shirt on underneath!
Ah Well, the sleves may make a difference, need to finish - I have a crochet cardi to do for Squach next! And my crochet is better than my knittng! Very Happy

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:28 am

Mmm. scratch Strange unknown words. 'knitting' 'sewing' 'cowl neck' (I think I get one of those when I fall asleep on the sofa!), 'crochet cardi', I believe thats something medical.
Odd place this girly thread, a little world of its own. Wink

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:38 pm

Well I know I get to! I need play at being serious and logical elsewhere, I need to get to get the girlie stuff out of my system somewhere or else it has a nasty habit of creeping into my logical debates!! Very Happy

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:43 pm

Yes. fave word is crochet cardi.
*stares at a particular someone*
"Yes, a crochet cardigan that was picked out months ago!!!"
*someone blushes*
"Thought so."
*Folds arms*
*storms off in a mood*
*Stomps up stairs*
*slams door*
Mad

Your mum.
Squach
Squach

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:26 pm

A certain someone is just lucky that their mum will take the time to crochett cardis, bags and ponchos!! Not to mention spend two weekends helping them make presents for their friends!! Rolling Eyes

Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:46 pm

Reminds me of when I tried to modify my snuggie and add legs to it. I say me, but my mother would be more truthful! I think it was a good shout by me, made them much more wearable, not just a blanket looking robe. My mum used to help me make homemade gifts, I used to (I still do as a matter of fact) used to buy plain white plimsolls, and decorate them in the taste of the receiver! It's great fun to make homemade gifts, and it shows effort on your part (which makes you look good too). Knitting and Crocheting presents seems a great idea for a gift, I'd try it but it seems hard!! Unfortunately I have no mum to help me anymore!

In short, well done Squach & Mum (I'm sure Squach contributes!) for making wonderful homemade presents and cardis, it must feel nice to wear something you made- not the norm from topshop!

Very Happy

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:02 pm

I contribute on a regular basis, not jut making things, but around the house too, see, I will eat more food so it means less cleaning up for mum! Clever thinking eh?
Wink

Your mum.
Squach
Squach

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:26 pm

Squach wrote:I contribute on a regular basis, not jut making things, but around the house too, see, I will eat more food so it means less cleaning up for mum! Clever thinking eh?
Wink

Very clever! I eat small portions normally anyway so in that sense I'm no trouble! Though once while painting I accidentally spilt paint all over the garage floor. Dad didn't understand, it's called abstract painting...I needed to slosh the paint around!

Anyway I'm sure you a much better child than I was at your age, looking back I was very selfish and mean to my family, something that always makes me feel guilty now! Very Happy

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:26 pm

Yawn... I am vair tired from all of that eating...

Your mum.
Squach
Squach

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:44 pm

Eating is boring, I'd much rather be having fun!!! Very Happy Very Happy

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:46 pm

Eating is boring? Shocked You better get back to eating meat Very Happy

The New Improved Girlie Gossip thread - boys out!! - Page 4 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:50 pm

No way! I'm a devoted veggie for life, and with good reasons!!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:30 pm

They say you are what you eat, and I don't want to become a vegetable. Say no to vegetarianism and comas! Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:00 pm

lol!

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:22 am

"and with good reasons!!"- Ally

May I ask what they are?

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:31 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:"and with good reasons!!"- Ally

May I ask what they are?

I had a few lessons about the commercial side to meat and farming animals, I felt uneasy eating something, even if it was ethical (by the way, I have no problem with other's eating ethical meat, it's just a personal choice) just for the sake of a quicker or better tasting lunch, when the creature was just as capable feeling pain, I don't care how effective the slaughterhouse is, I just don't like eating meat!!

Secondly, I have never really liked the taste of meat, not just the chewy texture and taste, but the digestion too. So I thought to myself: "Hey, I don't actually really even like this, and as I'm a real bleeding-heart kind of person it just seemed easier to stop eating meat.

Plus, when my biology teacher one day brought in something for us to dissect, I couldn't stand all the fibers and ligaments of muscle, I kind of got a bit grossed out!

Just to clarify another point, I labelled myself as a veggie, but I still (albeit very rarely) eat fish, my parents found it hard enough when I stopped eating meat, so they made me carry on eating fish! So I'm not a proper vegetarian!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:43 pm

"when the creature was just as capable feeling pain"- Ally

So is it because they feel pain that is the deciding moral factor? Not the fact it is another living thing? Just to clarify.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:15 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:"when the creature was just as capable feeling pain"- Ally

So is it because they feel pain that is the deciding moral factor? Not the fact it is another living thing? Just to clarify.

I'm living thing who can experience pain, like the meat that I used to eat. If they didn't feel any pain, and liked eating meat, I would definitely still do so, in fact if I was a big meat eater, I probably wouldn't carry on being one, despite the animals feeling pain & being a living thing. If there was a living animal which I liked to eat, and felt no pain being slaughtered, I'd probably eat it, so it's the fact it experiences pain for my benefit, not just because it's a living animal for me.

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:31 pm

Interesting. I never really understood why people were vegetairians. Not sure that it's that good for you because don't meats have a lot of protienb in them?

Your mum.
Squach
Squach

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:57 pm

Thanks for the answer Ally. I used to help out on a farm as a kid, the lambs which for various reasons needed hand reared, we would be loading onto the slaughter van come the end of summer. And make no mistake, they go with you onto that van because they trust you, after all why shouldn't they, we had been feeding them and playing with them all summer. But I would also go home and eat lamb chops.
All the sheep, all the lambs would not be there if people did not eat them. Sheep wild in Britain, if they were of no use to human would not be common, if not extinct, killed in the wild for their wool long ago.
If I hand fed a lamb for 3 months, that was 3 months of happy life which without the farm and sheep eating would never have happened. And many sheep live many years on a farm, some till old age, lives which otherwise would not exist at all.
That's my take on it anyway. Battery and factory farming however is a whole other matter. They don't even deserve the name farming.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:58 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Thanks for the answer Ally. I used to help out on a farm as a kid, the lambs which for various reasons needed hand reared, we would be loading onto the slaughter van come the end of summer. And make no mistake, they go with you onto that van because they trust you, after all why shouldn't they, we had been feeding them and playing with them all summer. But I would also go home and eat lamb chops.
All the sheep, all the lambs would not be there if people did not eat them. Sheep wild in Britain, if they were of no use to human would not be common, if not extinct, killed in the wild for their wool long ago.
If I hand fed a lamb for 3 months, that was 3 months of happy life which without the farm and sheep eating would never have happened. And many sheep live many years on a farm, some till old age, lives which otherwise would not exist at all.
That's my take on it anyway. Battery and factory farming however is a whole other matter. They don't even deserve the name farming.

I have no problem with the eating of meat, but I do persuade my family to buy grass-fed beef and free-range chicken etc, when they do buy meat. But the labels are so manipulative, I have no idea what the standard of life those animals had anyway. The kind of existence that you describe ideally, but I'm not sure. Even with labels like "certified humane raised and handled" or "free farmed certified" you can't be totally sure. So me not eating meat, is partially to my ethical stand point, but I honestly am not very fussed on eating it!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:05 pm

I think you are right in saying that those labels can't be trusted. Got to say, though, your reasons for being a vegetarian make far more sense than the reasons most vegetarians have for not eating meat, so you deserve some kudos for that at least Wink

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:18 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:I think you are right in saying that those labels can't be trusted. Got to say, though, your reasons for being a vegetarian make far more sense than the reasons most vegetarians have for not eating meat, so you deserve some kudos for that at least Wink

Thank you!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirabella Wed May 04, 2011 12:11 pm

How soon we have forgotten THE wedding... Sad really. It was a happy occasion and now all we seem to talk about is horrible people getting gunned down and their wives getting shot in the leg. Mind, I'd choose a bullet in the leg over having a repressive husband any day. Laughing

(Hope GB and Mr Tyrant like my make over. Watching Kate at the wedding made me feel so feminine again. A makeover was called for, I felt! Embarassed )
Mirabella
Mirabella
Woman strong enough to not fear beauty

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next