The New Improved Girlie Gossip thread - boys out!!

+21
Biffo Banks
Beren
Pretty Tyrant
Orwell
Baingil
Porgy Bunk-Banks
Brian Boru
Wisey Banks
Eldorion
Saradoc
Mirabella
Tinuviel
Ally
Ringdrotten
Squach
Gandalf's Beard
Admin
janesmith
Pettytyrant101
odo banks
Kafria
25 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The New Improved Girlie Gossip thread - boys out!! - Page 5 Empty Re: The New Improved Girlie Gossip thread - boys out!!

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed May 04, 2011 2:09 pm

Yes, well Mirabella I couldn't help but notice you'd made, um, a few minor changes to your appearance. You really must stop by my hole and have a drop of buckie with me, there are beautiful spring evenings to sit out under in my corner of Forumshire. We can sip buckie beneath the netted stars whilst the night birds sing of love, and then you can cook me breakfast in the morning just before you leave. Very Happy

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

The New Improved Girlie Gossip thread - boys out!! - Page 5 Empty Re: The New Improved Girlie Gossip thread - boys out!!

Post by Mirabella Wed May 04, 2011 10:19 pm

I don't mind a chat, Petty, but I can't imagine chatting all night. And people might get the wrong impression, me staying at your commodious hole well beyond the time Uncle Odo would allow me to spend with you unchaperoned! And buckie! How dangerous! Shocked As to breakfast, well, you make it sound like I'm your wife or something - or at least, your common law wife, which could only make our relationship appear unrespectable, and you must know how people gossip hereround! You don't want people in Forumshire to think me unrespectable do you? Embarassed
Mirabella
Mirabella
Woman strong enough to not fear beauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Wed May 04, 2011 11:14 pm

Just a thought, if you two were husband and wife under equity...would both of you have to cook breakfast?

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed May 04, 2011 11:16 pm

Cook my own breakfast when theres a female in the hole? Thats preposterous Ally- what kind of mad talk is that? Shocked How is a lady meant to feel wanted if its not in the satisfied 'I suppose it'll do' grunt of a man accepting the breakfast she has cooked for him?

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu May 05, 2011 4:49 am

You'd better hope GB doesn't see this thread, Petty! His liberal affectations extend to more than just movies, you know! Laughing Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirabella Thu May 05, 2011 10:44 pm

You make perfect sense, Petty, but there's more to a relationship than cooking. I don't mean other housework and connubial bedtime duty either, I also mean a courtship first, a proper dowery, and at least some kind of gallantry on your part (even some romancing hmm?) before I could ever think of becoming your dutiful wife.
Mirabella
Mirabella

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Thu May 05, 2011 10:50 pm

Very Happy I think it is high time I embraced spinsterhood!

dutiful wife???? not likely!

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirabella Thu May 05, 2011 11:00 pm

(((((Dear Kafria, if I might raise a delicate matter. I'm getting a little long in the tooth and thoughts of my future are always on my mind of late. "Always a hobbit maid and never a bride," my constant refrain. I mean, I'm well and truly of an age for settling down. Sadly, there are not many eligible hobbits my age in Forumshire at the moment; only GB and Petty, actually. I suppose at some time I will have to choose one or the other - they, after all, both seem keen on me - but which one? I wonder if you might find it in your heart to help my choice by pointing out what you think are their positive attributes, there surely won't be many, and in this way you might well assist me in makng a sensible choice)))))
Mirabella
Mirabella

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu May 05, 2011 11:03 pm

I would have thought Mirabella a night of buckie beneath the gentle silver moonlight as I serenade you with a verse of A Wizards Staff has a Knob on the End, would count as courting- and the buckie is the dowry (got to watch the pennies, theres a reason my sporran is boobytrapped you know). As to gallantry, um, hold on there must be something gallant I've done around here....em I'll get back to you on that one!
In the meantime keep this empty buckie bottle a s token of my affection for you are and whatever you do never discuss things with other hobbit ladies, especially in secret, I know what you females are for gossip- it only ever leads to trouble as I'm sure your Uncle Odo would tell you.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Thu May 05, 2011 11:09 pm

Oh Mirabella.... I don't know what to say, only I don't think Uncle Odo will approve of my advice.... I don't think you should settle purely through lack of choice, time for an adventure of your own I think... (where is a friendly wizard when you need one)? Get out there and see the rest of middle earth and all the wonderful things (and menfolk) out there.

Or what about being proudly independant? you don't actually need to settle down you know?

(If you must choose it depends and if you prefer the slightly more reforming and somewhat hirsute, or the defender of the written word who wears a sk.... KILT! only you can say my dear!)

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Fri May 06, 2011 4:03 am

Well, take it from someone who knows more about love than ANYONE, you'll know who the right chap is when fate wills it so. I love you
I just hope you don't have to go through what Beren and I did. Though I am quite famous because of it Very Happy

The New Improved Girlie Gossip thread - boys out!! - Page 5 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Porgy Bunk-Banks Fri May 06, 2011 8:16 am

I would not rush, Mrabella. Listen to a gal who's been there and knows sumpin about the boys. Try both before you buy. And you'll have ta make the choice between the buckie and the pipeweed - those lads are set on their party substances aren't they! Me, I'd don't mind mixzin'. Er... that waz before Wisey made me his lady-by-marriage. Smile
Porgy Bunk-Banks
Porgy Bunk-Banks
Dutiful Consort

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri May 06, 2011 1:32 pm

Well, well Porgy it seems you have been to the same make over place as Mirabella! Shocked I'm liking this new look for Needlehole residents.
As to your advice well the NotP, so I hear, claim they have a whole dossier on you 'mixin' it' (with pictures!) so we shall see!
In the meantime perhaps you'd like to stop by my hole and we can have a chat about it- oh and bring the buckie hen. Wink

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Porgy Bunk-Banks Fri May 06, 2011 10:35 pm

Oh Petty! I didn't realize... um... but I am a married hobbit now (with twins, if I remember correctly... hard to remember... what with all the wine in Wisey's wine cellar...). I should have to visit when Wisey was off channelling, I suppose... but... well... Can I get back to you? Wisey is coming out of his trance just now... he might not interpret your good intentions... no, I don't think so...
Porgy Bunk-Banks
Porgy Bunk-Banks
Dutiful Consort

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Fri May 06, 2011 10:46 pm

Porgy Bunk wrote:Oh Petty! I didn't realize... um... but I am a married hobbit now (with twins, if I remember correctly... hard to remember... what with all the wine in Wisey's wine cellar...). I should have to visit when Wisey was off channelling, I suppose... but... well... Can I get back to you? Wisey is coming out of his trance just now... he might not interpret your good intentions... no, I don't think so...

If you're a married hobbit now, could I please borrow your Lennon glasses please Lar- I mean Porgy? I won't say a word about any of your affairs to anyone- honest!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Porgy Bunk-Banks Fri May 06, 2011 11:00 pm

Ally, I sure as-hell don't know what you mean! Mad Well, at least, not ooh "Lar-" is?
Porgy Bunk-Banks
Porgy Bunk-Banks
Dutiful Consort

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Mon May 16, 2011 11:25 pm

(((((Mmmm... with some many girls in Forumshire nowadays, perhaps, they might meet here for gossip... err... intelligent conversation... and in that way leave the other threads for more important discussions....)))))

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by janesmith Mon May 16, 2011 11:32 pm

(((((I would call the influx of we girls a "refreshing" of Forumshire. One can be wearied at times by all the "male" prattle we get here. I mean it kindly, Odo.))))):-Jane
janesmith
janesmith
Mother Superior: Our Lady of the Anklelength Frock

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Tue May 17, 2011 12:18 am

Yes, yes (yaaaaaaaaawn) but of course! When I think of all you ladies I of course think of "refreshments." Pretty faces, and nice smiles, and proper conversation about babies and stitching and cookery and weddings... Yes, yes.... Oh yes, and serving refreshments. You ladies have so much to do and so little time in the day to do it, but if you keep your menfolk happy (lovers, husbands, fathers, brothers) you'll die (eventually) as old but happy, satisfied, fulfilled women... and that's not so bad, is it now? Very Happy

(((((Remember the sign, lads = cyclops )))))

Back to top Go down

Post by Baingil Tue May 17, 2011 12:50 am

There is a very interesting discrepancy between the thread title and the last post here.
Baingil
Baingil
Guest of Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Tue May 17, 2011 1:04 am

But yours was the last post here, Baingil!? Shocked Or, at least, it is now...

((( cyclops )))

Back to top Go down

Post by Baingil Tue May 17, 2011 1:05 am

Nah, now it is.
Baingil
Baingil
Guest of Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Tue May 17, 2011 1:10 am

Yes you're right... actually.. no you're not... My goodness, how silly you're being... No

((( cyclops )))

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue May 17, 2011 2:49 am

Hello Ladies!
If you have not hear, I am now Queen of Forumshire. Due to the influctuation of women and lack of monarchy, I have taken the liberty of becoming your queen. Of course, you all being women, I grant you the honor of joining the Queen's court, and each will be given a title that is worthy.

However, with this rise in feminism, I suspect a revolt from the males of the forum. Keep your eyes peeled! Any treasonous activities will be punished!

Sincerely,
Queen of Forumshire, Duchess of Valinor, Her Majesty, Madam Tinuviel queen

The New Improved Girlie Gossip thread - boys out!! - Page 5 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Baingil Tue May 17, 2011 3:04 am

Sounds fun...

Meh, I still like rebellion.
Baingil
Baingil
Guest of Eagles

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next