Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
Orwell
Norc
Amarië
17 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 38 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole

Post by Norc Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:48 pm

this is one of my favourite violinists. he plays only on baroque strings and well. listen Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 38 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole

Post by Norc Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:56 pm

also, this is my favorite piece, got it framed on my wall. my goal is to play this once.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:58 pm

I love a live orchestra and would love to get to go see more.
I like how the music feels- in front of a full orchestra the music is in your body, you are physical part of it- love it.

I always struggle a bit listening to that sort of violin music (the first vid)- whilst its blatantly brilliant there is something about the style, parts of it, that always remind me of an old person with bad legs trying to get up a flight of stairs, it sounds like a struggle to get there. (But I liked it from 2.10 onwards)

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:01 pm

well, i think i see what u mean, but each violinist interpret the sheets different. Kuijken plays very baroque with almost no vibrato and very rhythmical (and he is old lol) he plays it the way one would play this in the 1700. also, it is meant to feel heavy and a bit saggy Wink a bit of drama Wink
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:02 pm

how about this one?

also, i am a sucker for big orchestral pieces, i would have loved to see this live (if it wouldn't be for the fact that i will play this, almost as cool a feeling Very Happy )
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:16 pm

That second Bach vid takes ages to start- I thought I'd gone deaf! affraid 

It still has that feel to me like there is a painful struggle to get from one note to the next.

I am liking the schubert one more, but Im only five mins into it- but its more the style of classical I enjoy.

Mendhelssons Hebrides suite is a personal favourite- the music flows from idea to idea for me in a way the Bach stuff doesnt (I realise saying that about Bach could probably get me burnt at the stake in music circles but so be it!)

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:27 pm

yeah, i know, i mentioned it earlier, the chamber orchestra we played with from russia last weekend played this and it was glorious. only strings but it was just mangificent. they had one double bass but omg he was good Very Happy and i am so glad the violas have so much of the melody in the beggining Very Happy but i would say.. with only strings it was actually so much better Very Happy the double bass had the dark tones and violins did the flute.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:42 pm

That sounds excellent- wish I could have heard it.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:46 pm

it was Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:55 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:

Mendhelssons Hebrides suite is a personal favourite- the music flows from idea to idea for me in a way the Bach stuff doesnt (I realise saying that about Bach could probably get me burnt at the stake in music circles but so be it!)
Extremely Crabbit 
I'm trying to work out where to pile the wood as I write.

Bach's musical intellect is matchless, I think more neurons light up by far in a musician's brain while listening to Bach than any other composer. Mendelssohn and his ilk are just a bit too obvious, more like elevator music. And yet as Segovia said, Bach is an emotional volcano. Nobody used the tensions of dissonance to such devastating effect, and for those with ears to hear a single Bach prelude can be an emotional workout as draining as the most sadistic masseuse. Bach single handedly defined the rules of choral voice leading, codified the art of the fugue, and brought the composition of solo works for strings to its highest pitch, a solitary peak never reached before or since by any composer. Do you ever hear of solo violin or cello pieces performed by any other composer? It's nearly unthinkable.

So Moon 

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:01 pm

thank you halfwise. thank you.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:03 pm

I know its genius, I can hear its genius, but it till sounds like an old person struggling up stairs to me! Why does he have to make it sound and feel so painful just getting from one musical expression to another? Where's the flow?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:09 pm

... well it can also be u don't like the person playing it. same piece, different musicians.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:12 pm

Nice to be offered a choice! Very Happy 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:13 pm

you're welcome.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:34 pm

Thank you for sharing that, Nora. Very Happy Bach is wonderfull, one the great parts of Christmas to me is listening to the Christmas Oratorio.

Those violin pieces are stunningly beautiful.

There's really is something magical about the violin with those overtones. There isn't many instruments that sound that good on their own, if any. The baroque strings also gives it a wonderfull sound.

There is something very special about seeing the music performed live. I don't think I get to enough classical music perfomances really as I have the opertunity to go a lot more than I do. I have still not been to Hovedscenen at the Opera house. Only Scene 2. Well, maybe you've inspired me to do so. Smile Ah, I also love the orchestra tuning up. Nod It's magical. I always thought someone should record that.

There is something special about a big orchestra, with all that sound and power it's understandable that it could scare you. Though I did slightly fall in love with the simplicity of the barouqe ones when doing the aforementioned opera.  

I'm glad you liked the Locatelli piece, hopefully it's of some inspiration. Smile  I would be interested to hear what you thought about the Mahavishnu video as well. Though it's probably a very different listening experience. Laughing

Last edited by Bluebottle on Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:24 am; edited 2 times in total

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:40 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I know its genius, I can hear its genius, but it till sounds like an old person struggling up stairs to me! Why does he have to make it sound and feel so painful just getting from one musical expression to another? Where's the flow?
As Norc surmised, it may have been the performer.  I felt that violinist had good expression but was somewhat sloppy, which can make it sound labored.

for the entire package you can't do better than Yo'Mama, top right.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:45 pm

Actually, speaking of the complete package, that Denise chick is quite a looker What a Face and plays with feeling and grace. drunken I would gladly rush her stage after a concert. Twisted Evil 

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:05 pm

She is Nod There is something very attractive about chicks who play musical instruments, and I've never been able to put my finger on exactly what.

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 38 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:28 pm

You like lasses with wood? Shocked 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:30 pm

lol!

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 38 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:10 pm

By the way Nora. How is that video of your concert coming along?

(I asked my brother what they intended to do with the recording from last night and he said they are going to listen through it select the song they were most satisfied with cut together some of the fotage and put it online. So it's coming, might just take a little while. Smile )

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:16 pm

Norc wrote:i like the violin piece Smile although.. very typical baroque(not a bad thing though) Smile i am also quite all-eating, but i kinda panic about jazz, it's either waiting room, psychedelic panic or truly great Very Happy i love going to classical concert, it's something completely different than just listening to a CD. so much more.. power and.. idunno, the atmosphere is just static Smile and just watching the orchestra, this large pulsating, live being Very Happy my favourite sound is the sound of the orchestra tuning before a concert and the silence that follows until the conductor comes out Very Happy one og my favorite concert was vivaldi's four seasons with an amazing sollis and yeah. it was with poems in between and it was just static Very Happy especially the summer one.. i felt scared, i had panic Smile it is a concert i recommend seeing once Smile
You and me wold make the best of friends. : )

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:49 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:She is :nod:There is something very attractive about chicks who play musical instruments, and I've never been able to put my finger on exactly what.

we're good at fingering, positions and rythm... well.. except the violas.. (running joke)

god. why did i respond to that
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:49 pm

Amarië wrote:
Norc wrote:i like the violin piece :)although.. very typical baroque(not a bad thing though) :)i am also quite all-eating, but i kinda panic about jazz, it's either waiting room, psychedelic panic or truly great :Di love going to classical concert, it's something completely different than just listening to a CD. so much more.. power and.. idunno, the atmosphere is just static :)and just watching the orchestra, this large pulsating, live being :Dmy favourite sound is the sound of the orchestra tuning before a concert and the silence that follows until the conductor comes out Very Happy one og my favorite concert was vivaldi's four seasons with an amazing sollis and yeah. it was with poems in between and it was just static :Despecially the summer one.. i felt scared, i had panic :)it is a concert i recommend seeing once Smile
You and me wold make the best of friends. : )
i thought we already were best friends Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next