Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
Orwell
Norc
Amarië
17 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 39 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole

Post by Norc Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:50 pm

i dunno about the video, i think they're main focus is the audio, but we'll get it in the end Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 39 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:55 pm

Norc wrote:
Ringdrotten wrote:She is :nod:There is something very attractive about chicks who play musical instruments, and I've never been able to put my finger on exactly what.
we're good at fingering, positions and rythm... well.. except the violas.. (running joke)

god. why did i respond to that
Thanks for clearing that up, Norc Laughing

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 39 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:05 pm

you're welcome Nod
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:22 pm

Brrrrr! Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 39 Brrrr

http://www.yr.no/sted/Norge/Oslo/Oslo/Oslo/

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:27 pm

well... look at that freaking cloud...
http://www.yr.no/sted/Norge/Troms/Tromsø/Tromsø/
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:42 pm

Haha, well that does look like some real weather. Nod 

I think I would welcome it if not for the rain though.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:49 pm

well.. it says rain but it honestly is just snow and hail... and wind...
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:51 pm

Sounds perfect. Very Happy 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:57 pm

meh..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:04 pm

Yeah, I guess it boils down to wanting what the other person have.

You have a lot of snow, we don't really have any.

We have nice weather, while you guys have a fucking storm.

Laughing

(and that might be the first time I've sworn on forumshire. cheers Laughing )

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:14 pm

that might be the first time I've sworn on forumshire. - Blue

Was bound to happen eventually, you are Fjordian afterall. Very Happy 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:17 pm

Nod
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:26 pm

Yeah. Laughing 

As I've said I don't really mind swearing. It just doesn't seem to come that natural to me that's all. I will admit there might come certain phrases out when I'm annoyed though.

From what I hear it's a much more usual part of the vocabulary in Norcs part of the country. And they have so much more impressive words to use than us as well. Laughing 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:32 pm

I'm thinking Norc has a new protege'.

(drat, that word never looks the way it sounds).

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:23 pm

I better get started reading up on those Northern Norwegian swearwords then. study

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:25 pm

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 39 Hav_ysund_5196105a

Another picture from our northernmost county - love the atmosphere in this one Very Happy

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 39 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:27 am

Another pretty picture Ringo.

I think you're all the better of for not going Nora.

Petty, the system of conscription in this country doesn't really work. Spending a year in the military might be a great experience for those who are motivated and want to get something out of it, but for far to many it ends up being a year sitting around doing nothing.

And those who doesn't want to participate in the military for political, religious or other reasons are forced to spend a year in a menial job working on minimum wage.

Even worse the way the conscription system here works at the moment with a cut in the number of places and everything a lot of people who does don't get the chance while a lot of people who doesn't want to go end up going.

And now they are talking about taking this flawed system and institutionalising it for women as well. It's complete madness. Mad 

Now for someone like you Nora who is obviously gifted both musically and artistically. Wouldn't this country as a whole be a lot better of if you spent a year on personal growth in one of those areas instead.

I hope you had a postitive experience Ringo. I never ended up going, as I was studying when they wanted to call me up, and feel all the better for it.

(Sorry to go on a bit of a tangent there, I just find it annoying. I expect Petty to come on and tell me to embrace the crabbit any moment. Laughing )

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:38 am

Don't feel too confident Blue. My Finrod got his service postponed because of school and studies, he had to go in when he was 25(-ish? I have forgotten) with a bunch of kids he had nothing in common with.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:51 am

Oh, don't worry Amarïe.

I've gotten a letter of "Fritak fra verneplikt i fredstid," as they didn't recall my by the 3 year limit.

The only way I could get conscripted is through my profession when I finish studying. They only call in a few people on profession a year, and even then I think you're paid 400 000+ as a lawyer in the army and get great work experience. Not that I particularily feel like going.

Sorry to hear about Finrod, as I said; terrible system.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:01 pm

Amarië wrote:Don't feel too confident Blue. My Finrod got his service postponed because of school and studies, he had to go in when he was 25(-ish? I have forgotten) with a bunch of kids he had nothing in common with.
Seeing as Blue is already 27 he's safe, I think. You can postpone the military if you got studies, but after you've turned 26 you're no longer eligible for that first year of mandatory service. The only ones that may be forced to serve after they've turned 25 are people with educations in medicine or law, I think. So unless you're a lawyer or a doctor you don't have much to worry about, Blue, and Finrod was just very unlucky, Amarië - one more year and he would've been off the hook Wink

I did enjoy it a lot, Blue, in fact I'm on my third year and counting, so it can be a very good experience, not to mention everything you learn both about yourself as a person as you go along and about a whole lot of other things. That being said, you are spot on in your description of the conscription system. People who are motivated but haven't done their research beforehand and don't know where they want to serve risk ending up sitting on their asses for a whole year, "guarding" gates, or stamping their feet in the asphalt infront of the royal castle lookling like clowns and getting their legs inflamed.

As to girls and mandatory service, I believe that is now a fact. The law was passed this summer, and mandatory service for women will be enforced from 2015 if I'm not mistaken.

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:02 pm

Simultaneous posting - seems like you lucked out then, Blue Very Happy

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:07 pm

i think i just got away with it it seems... but rather marching with those silly hats and fancy guns than in a tank...
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:19 pm

Darn tootin, should have checked the age. Wink

Finrod was later moved from the navy to Heimevernet (what is that in English, you clever boys?). Don't know how old you have to be before they let you go. Fun! Thumbs Up 

Oh, we must dig up the Ringdrotten special of NoTP. It explains everything he's doing. Nod

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:27 pm

Norc wrote:i think i just got away with it it seems... but rather marching with those silly hats and fancy guns than in a tank...
That's the first time I've heard someone prefer service in Garden (Royal Guard) to driving tanks Very Happy Have you ever sat inside one or seen one in action? I think you would've thought differently if that was the case, those machines are awesome Smile

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:30 pm

well.. u get to dance with old ladies on constitutions day and be badass at marching Shrugging i see no downfall to that.

also amarië, if you follow the ylivs brothers u should know that vegard was called in
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next