Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
Orwell
Norc
Amarië
17 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 37 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole

Post by Norc Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:32 am

people love him. he's lived here for like six years or so. he's most welcome. we nothrerners may seem cold, but we're honestly not. although i don't like Høyre's politics or anything, he is a good mayor. although he didn't come to our opera-premiere Sad he was invited and they sent an FrP instead (and for all those others, they are stupid and ignorant towards culture, she kept giggling and told about when she.. ego.. but anyway.. they want to shut down everything involving culture) i actually met him on monday lol.. just.. casually in the stairs carrying music equipment for my dad.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 37 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole

Post by Bluebottle Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:55 am

Well, that's nice to hear.

When it comes to politics at city level I guess it's more important that the politicians are decent people than their party allegience. It's kind of like that with Fabian Stang in Oslo as well.

I was just a bit surprised he had struck up a political career in Tromsø of all places. It's good to hear that he's well liked. (Goes to change career plans.Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 37 Whistling2 )

Last edited by Bluebottle on Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:03 am

well.. i think it's because of his wife that they just ended up here.. i went to kindergarten with his kid. and middle-school.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:18 am

Damnation, do I have to aquire a wife if I want to mayor of Tromsø?

Joking aside, he sounds like a nice guy, and a musiician as well. Or was he just carrying equipment?

I do feel for you having Fremskrittspartiet i byråd though. We traded them out with KRF and Venstre in the last election which was really a change for the better. Also hopefully Høyre are resisting some of those moves to stop supporting culture activities by Frp. It's so important that the city and governent at large helps fund those kind of activitites, like orchestras and so on, all over Norway.

My brother told me he had a long conversation with the leader of "Norsk jazzforum" about what would happpen if Fremskrittspartiet got into governement. He said that Høyere would probably demand the culture secretary position and that would probably keep Frp in check in the culture area. Hopefully he was right.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:24 am

I was carrying my dad's music-equipment..

yeah, i hope he's right. but they're closing down schools up here, wanting everything to be in tromsø, but they're not making extra room for those new students. closing down dance here and it's stupid.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:03 am

That makes a lot a more sense. :oops:You did say people loved him, but he is the mayor after all. Probably has more important things to do.

I feel for you having to go through that sort of a development. Those things sounds so short sighted. Shouldn't one build strong centres of learning in places like Tromsø to serve the whole of Troms? But no, we have to save money in the worlds richest country. Rolling Eyes 

(I looked it up. So you will actually have to move to another fylke to study dance? (Bodø) At 15? Shocked That sounds like progress. Rolling Eyes )

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:21 am

yepp, they also close down music and dance elsewhere in troms ..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:07 pm

Norc wrote:
Sackbutt Laughing
I used to refer to it as a rearbagger.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:08 pm

Bluebottle wrote:
Norc wrote:u pumped air into the organ? ........................................................ . ... .  .......... ..         .............................. that's as interesting as the cello part for pachelbel's canon in D and as important as a sordin in a symphony orchestra..
Oi! Now I just realised this was not very flattering. Mad 

(Very Happy Laughing )
Be grateful, have you ever thought about what could be done with the phrase "pump air into an organ"?!

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:12 pm

Norc wrote:.... he's most welcome. we nothrerners may seem cold, but we're honestly not...
Are you kidding me? I was under the impression you were f*$kin' freezing up there.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:27 pm

You know, Halfwise, when it's cold enough outdoors the warm blood from your extremities will retract towards the vital organs. That is why, even if we look cold, our hearts are still so warm Nod

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 37 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:32 pm

halfwise wrote:
Bluebottle wrote:
Norc wrote:u pumped air into the organ? ........................................................ . ... .  .......... ..         .............................. that's as interesting as the cello part for pachelbel's canon in D and as important as a sordin in a symphony orchestra..
Oi! Now I just realised this was not very flattering. Mad 

(Very Happy Laughing )
Be grateful, have you ever thought about what could be done with the phrase "pump air into an organ"?!
Oh, I wouldn't have minded at all. Laughing Though I'll say for Norc that she managed to make her comment amusing, interesting and insightfull. So even a crabbit scotsman like Petty couldn't really have complained. Particularily as I pretty much agreed with what she said.

I'm perfectly aware of the sillyness of the job, though as silly jobs goes it's probably the best I've had. Sadly I've been replaced with an automatic regale recently. Another worker made redundant.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:08 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:You know, Halfwise, when it's cold enough outdoors the warm blood from your extremities will retract towards the vital organs. That is why, even if we look cold, our hearts are still so warm Nod
oh dear <3 such poetry!!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:10 pm

That's nice Ringo. Very Happy 

It did remind me of something Mrs. Figg said the other day though. So to paraphrase you, Mrs Figg and Oscar Wilde a bit.

We might have warm hearts, but some of us are freezing our asses off.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:21 pm

So, my turn to go to a concert tonight. Very Happy 

My brothers jazz group did a concert featuring a well reputed fjordlandian jazz guitarist called Bjørn Vidar Solli.

Here's some pics:

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 37 Wp_20112

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 37 Wp_20113

It was rather good really. Nod 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:23 pm

nice Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:27 pm

It was. Nod  

Apparently they filmed the whole concert, so I'll share it if they put it up somewhere. Very Happy 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:41 pm

Their jazz violinist is amazing as well, so would love for you to see at least some of it Nora. But I'll have to wait and see if they decide to put it on the net. Smile 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:43 pm

looking forward Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:57 am

Not listened to Solli, I'm afraid, but jazz is awesome. That looked cool Very Happy

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 37 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:47 am

Thank you Ringo. The concert was good. Smile 

I've become quite partial to a bit of jazz over the years, probably partly through long exposure as both my brothers play it. There's some great music and musicianship there though I tend to stay away from the more atonal and experimentative varieties.

They are also doing a concert next thursday featuring Stian Carstensen who's been quite a lot on fjordlandian television as of late.

Oh, and the band is called Touché! and there's an album on spotify if you're interested. They play a bit unusual style of jazz called Gipsy Jazz which is inspired by Django Reinhardt.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:34 am

I watched a jazz act in a pub once in Glasgow- it was a smoke filled basement (where all jazz should take place) and there were about a dozen people there at the start and me and two mates left at the end- and I still dont know to this day if I watched a jazz genius or just someone who was crap.
Thats jazz for you. Shrugging 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:44 am

I know what you mean, Petty.

Though I don't think you should judge it by any other standards than wheter it worked for you or fascinated you musically or not.

Jazz is so many fasceted you can't really speak of it as one thing. When the freeness from musical rules, community of improvisation and energy combines with highly accomplished musicians playing it jazz can be a gloriously artform. But as with all things there are a lot of uninspiering and dull jazz as well.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:26 am

I am rather all eating when it comes to music. And I think it's pretty healthy to keep ones only standard ones enjoyment of the musical piece in question.

So it's perfectly possible to gush over a wonderfull classical piece like this.

(A bit of a violin treat for you there Nora. Smile )

All the while one is completely fascinated by some completely batty jazz rock like this.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:33 pm

i like the violin piece Smile although.. very typical baroque(not a bad thing though) Smile i am also quite all-eating, but i kinda panic about jazz, it's either waiting room, psychedelic panic or truly great Very Happy i love going to classical concert, it's something completely different than just listening to a CD. so much more.. power and.. idunno, the atmosphere is just static Smile and just watching the orchestra, this large pulsating, live being Very Happy my favourite sound is the sound of the orchestra tuning before a concert and the silence that follows until the conductor comes out Very Happy one og my favorite concert was vivaldi's four seasons with an amazing sollis and yeah. it was with poems in between and it was just static Very Happy especially the summer one.. i felt scared, i had panic Smile it is a concert i recommend seeing once Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next