Wisey Banks
Porgy Bunk-Banks
Eldorion
11 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Dark Planet Day - Page 4 Empty Re: Dark Planet Day

Post by Kafria Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:03 am

odo banks wrote:Well, it seems clear Squach ( Rolling Eyes ) made up that name herself, without any thought for others, and so I owe NO apologies! I think I'll call her Daisy from now on, as that's a most proper name for a young Lady hobbit.

Hello, Daisy. Very Happy

Nickname she was given by friends? You know, those people who choose to spend time with you 'cos you don't annoy them or continually question their respectability?

And why the confusion? Rhymes with H (Sk-way-ch) - don't believe there is a simple linguistic comparison, not one that springs to mind. And anyhoo the english language is infamous for some of it's illogical spellings, so she can spell it how she wants! I am the Mayor and I say so!

I like being Mayor Very Happy

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:06 am

I think it might even be within the authority of the Mayor to make a policy concerning consequences for serial mis-spellers of names, if said Mayor so desired. cyclops
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:08 am

Eldorion wrote:I think it might even be within the authority of the Mayor to make a policy concerning consequences for serial mis-spellers of names, if said Mayor so desired. cyclops

Now theres a thought.... I will go think on it some! Cool

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:45 am

Yet another outrage! Mad

{{{I'm calling another Council, Orwell... ooh... I hope she can't read encrypted messages yet... If you can, Kafria, well --- well ---well it's an outrage! Mad }}}

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:13 pm

Taaa-daaaaah! cheers {{{Lest We Forget}}}

Amarië wrote:
((Then I walked into the refugee conversation and quietly left, thinking I didn't need to read the things that were said in (semi) private back then, and that the natives would probably feel I was snooping around. (Even if it was an accident.) Such sad times it was. ))

Eldo wrote: I seriously considered deleting that thread once we had established this forum since it contains a lot of things that were said in the heat of passion. We were all feeling pretty confused and betrayed and more than a little angry, and I realize we weren't entirely fair to the DP especially since Taz was the only one who even knew about the buyout. In the end I decided to leave it up as part of Forumshire's history, though, even though I knew people might see it. I don't think it's worth trying to cover up stuff from darker times.

NB I'm glad people seem to be reading and enjoying my site still.

Maybe I should go back and see what was said. My memory was that My annoyance was directed at Taz for the 'manner' in which the Hobbit News Forum was taken over without warning, such 'manner' being damn rude methinks. As to any comments made about the Planet Tolkien forumers, I may have seemed intolerant at any defence made of Taz by any at the time, but everything else was joking on my part --- which I guess might have seemed like I blamed them for the corporate takeover. I don't blame the innocent - even if I might have 'jokingly' suggested Dark Planetarians were Taz's evil foot soldiers or similar. I remember being strong in debate about any "hint" of 'Taz-protecting'. Probably, me being me, humour and seriousness might easily have come across as being the same thing, and weighed in your minds to the negative. That I can readily conjecture - seeing what dire evil subsequently befell me (and Pretty).

I actually started posting on Dartk Planet - even contributed a poem , which by then, was me (nearly 100%) 'taking the Mickey' as I remember. Again, for the "Orwell" unitiated, it probably might have be easily misconstrued. Fair enough. I got banned along with Pretty for my temerity - the irony being Pretty and I were becoming lusty posters there. Pretty can speak for herself, but I don't recall her ever blaming any Planet Tolkien forumer 'personally', no one but Taz. She of course deserved to be banned anyway, Odo tells me. He also thinks all Tyrants and Mctyrants should be banished from Forumshire too, but that's an altogether different matter.

Taz made some redress by giving Eldo back our "Archive". I acknowledged that, with reasonable grace I thought. I may have even suggested (or at least 'thought) that Taz had been guilty of a bit of 'thoughtlessness' rather than outrageous "corporate ignorance'. I never thought folk who own something have no right to sell something. That was never my beef. If we had been 'consumed' with fair warning, I would have been sad but taken it far better.

The only problems I may have had with the Dark Council {{{hee hee - good one that one: ''Dark Council" hee hee }}} was my suspicion that it was Them that banned me. I even suggested the possibility leelee may have had a hand in that -- which she denied and I accepted her denial --- it's a question I asked of her and apologize unreservably for ever making, I might not of have done so at the time, can't remember, but I remember being pissed off (and very amused too in the way is was accomplished btw ). Actually I don't think I apologized at the time, so sorry, leelee.

Eldo, you were wise not to delete the "offending" posts, very very wise -- I would have really really been pissed off with you if you had. It'd be no way to start a new country of Free Spirits, you know, by deleting people's heart felt posts!!! I'm glad Wisdom and 'sense' always wins out with you. It may have been enough for me to abandon ship.

Incidentally, Petty and I had a recent conversation about deleting 'offending' posts if it ever came up, but we agreed it'd have to be a fairly outrageous post for me (or him) to ever sanction any deletions here. Even if that means folk might feel hurt here at times, bad luck, diddums. It may sound nasty of me to put it that way, but it's not when Logic is engaged I reckon. If a post was ever to be bad enough, though, I'd be in full support of any deletion. And if someone came here who was "militantly" intolerant of people's Race, Religion or Sexulaity -- and I mean 'extremely intolerant and personally offensive about it' I'd be all for banning such scum or utter aresholes. Forumshirans are not required to agree with everyone and everything, nor be Politicall Correcty (far from it ) but there is still a definite, largely 'unsaid', code of conduct here. Yes, we do have written Rules, but I certainly don't bother about them. Decent people don't need Laws to act properly - only Criminals do, and that only so I can semi-legally beat them with a phone book--- (ooh sorry, I thought I was at work for a second then... ) All said and done, we self-regulate very well here.

Anyhow, Amarie, nowadays I see Dark Planet and the Dark Council as Forumshire's Dark Enemy - but it's natural, like the English disdaining and doubting the French, or Danes looking down their noses at Fjordianlandians {{{and correctly so, methinks. }}}. I sometimes go and visit it's Dark Streets and try not to be too weighed down by it's Dark Atmosphere; and I do feel for it's Poor Lost Souls, who through loyalty to their homeland stay there, and for no other good reason that I can divine {{{hee hee ten points for Gryfindor! }}} In a way you're a bit like Scotshobbits, those poor hobbits having to stay in Scotshobbitland. My deepest sadness is reserved, of course, for the inhabitants of Scotshobbiton, capital of the rural district of Scotsdale in the Hebrides--- Umm...does anyone else have as much difficulty with Scotshobbitland geography as I do?

Anyway, I hope that clears things up, Amarie.

{{{And Eldo, if you say I'm being 'pompous', I'm complaining immediately to the Admin. I am! Don't put me to the test! }}} .

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:22 pm

Oh Orwell, I hope this reminder won't spur a hundred retelllings of all my Bravery, Discipline, Respectabilty and Hard Work of the Time. Embarassed ou know, about me pioneering a Whole New World... Embarassed You know how shy I become when people start giving me the praise I truly deserve for all the efforts I made back then... Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Porgy Bunk-Banks Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:28 pm

I remember everything, Odo. cheers

Back then you seemed a little less shy about it, mind. Suspect

Anyhow, I remember becoming your first devout fan. I came hurtling over to you from that part of the Shire that I lived in then (which is so long ago, that I can't quite remember where Very Happy ) and how I came to your smial and sat at your feet while you gladly told me of all the wonderful brave and magical things you had achieved, single-handedly.

I then met Wisey through you and we married (even though there was some suggestion, by certain Forumshirans, Odo, that your relationship with me wasn't all what it was cracked up to be - you know, as if I was some floozie or something Rolling Eyes ).

Oh I think people should bring up your heroics. Every detail. No stone unturned. You mustn't be shy. I love you

Last edited by Porgy Bunk-Banks on Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Porgy Bunk-Banks
Porgy Bunk-Banks
Dutiful Consort

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:30 pm

Embarassed Err... probably no need to turn every stone, Porgy... Shocked I think it best that folk just accept I had some involvement and leave it at that, shall we? Best that way. Don't want to beat my own breast about it... Shrugging

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:56 pm

I'll beat your breast about it, with a sledgehammer if you like. Soon get to the truth then! Nod

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:40 pm

I thought clearing up the Odo Question was why we put the Saviour of Forumshire Award up for a vote back in December. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:00 am

Well, Orwell brought it up --- don't blame me. See what all this 'grudge-holding" does. And I blame you too, Eldo, 'cause if you had got rid of that offending "Thread" in the first place, Orwell wouldn't even be here to stir up trouble! Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:59 am

Well Orwell, that's about as confusing as I remember it too.

Eldo, you were right in leaving the threads as they were. I am sure I would have considered the same and done the same. For a brief moment forumshirelings were PT-members and that made you family from day one. It would be nice if that too was allowed to tag a long for future reference.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:15 am

Of course I'm not one to put salt in old wounds - two of your new family soon got banished.... Nod

Do you think, Eldo, that we should have won a Tinuvian Cross* for bravery, now that I think about it. What Pretty and I did back then was brave. I mean, fighting for all True Believers in the dark streets of Dark Planet, fighting post by post, while you went to parley with your tail between your legs and your cap in your hand? Don't be hard on yourself, though, not everyone can be be as brave as Pretty and I were! Very Happy

(*Much higher award than the Victoria Cross, of course Very Happy ).

Last edited by Orwell on Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:16 am

I agree, Amarie. Smile For what it's worth, I still keep a link to PT on my site as one of the forums that I've been active at, although a substantial number of my posts there were in a thread discussing Forumshire that was deleted because it had links back here. But I still see our forums as being sister-sites, or perhaps 'cousins' is more accurate, in a way, along with Bree-land.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:17 am

Orwell wrote:Do you think, Eldo, that we should have won a Tinuvian Cross* for bravery

If anyone deserves an award for what happened between us and PT over the summer it's Leelee for actually contacting Taz directly. That was what resulted in us getting the archive forum back. cheers
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:18 am

Eldorion wrote:I agree, Amarie. Smile For what it's worth, I still keep a link to PT on my site as one of the forums that I've been active at, although a substantial number of my posts there were in a thread discussing Forumshire that was deleted because it had links back here. But I still see our forums as being sister-sites, or perhaps 'cousins' is more accurate, in a way, along with Bree-land.

See, Amarie. Eldo's still the same. Eldorion the Peacemaker. Nod

{{{Pretty and I still know him as Eldorion the Appeaser, of course! Very Happy }}}

Taz did what honour bade him to do -- but I give leelee credit, yes.

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:21 am

Hey, it's all coming back... Pretty and me fighting post by post, hard pressed, while you concentrated on diplomacy, and clerical duties opening a new forum at the rear. Because of your efforts (at the rear) Pretty and I had a place to be banished to... Very Happy

{{{Oh I can't keep this up, Eldo, we know what you did... cheers I'm just not admitting it to anyone from Dark Planet, no way. Mad }}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:06 am

Dark Planet Day! Um Eldo is today the anniversary of us finding salvation and buckie here or the day we got cruelly gobbled up by the evil Dark Planet? I'm confused, and drunk. And I like to know what I am celebrating when I'm getting drunk- if only to avoid another embarassing 'funeral incident'.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:07 am

Today is the anniversary of the day we were gobbled; two days from now is the anniversary of when we arrived on these hallowed shores. Check out the global announcement thread floating at the top of all the forums for details on both the historical perspective and the celebrations. Very Happy

http://www.hobbitmovieforum.com/t335-happy-dark-planet-day
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:22 am

The baddest day, the bettest day, the first day of our Independance! Hurrah! cheers

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:32 pm

It's one of those defining 'life moments', isn't it? Very Happy

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:01 am

It's definitely a time that has stuck with me and will continue to stick with me! This forum has been a fairly important part of my life for a couple of years now and Dark Planet Day was one of our defining moments. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4