chris63
Eldorion
Kafria
Orwell
Pettytyrant101
26 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Oddities, curiousities and strangness in history - Page 16 Empty Re: Oddities, curiousities and strangness in history

Post by chris63 Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:33 am

Smile

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Oddities, curiousities and strangness in history - Page 16 Empty Re: Oddities, curiousities and strangness in history

Post by azriel Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:21 pm

There must be SO many weird creatures we dont yet know about ! Its amazing what we are discovering, & how many unanswered questions ! Still, nothing can beat THEE most weird creature on the planet..... my ex !!!! Very Happy

Oddities, curiousities and strangness in history - Page 16 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Oddities, curiousities and strangness in history - Page 16 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:43 am

3D pen. This is amazing
http://www.news.com.au/technology/magic-3doodle-pen-brings-drawings-to-life/story-e6frfro0-1226584034651

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:57 am

I can see a medical use for that, good idea, "from little acorns,mighty oaks grow", Talking of acorns, hows yours David H ? any strange deformed or mutilated nuts about ? Very Happy

Oddities, curiousities and strangness in history - Page 16 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:16 pm

azriel wrote: any strange deformed or mutilated nuts about ? Very Happy

funny you should ask. I have just the tool for that.

Oddities, curiousities and strangness in history - Page 16 $T2eC16R,!ysE9sy0iIOUBQzgcBl2uw~~60_35
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:43 pm

Laughing

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:06 pm

Shocked
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:01 am

Laughing Laughing

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:01 am

Interesting.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:48 am

WE ARE STAR PEOPLE: Scientific proof we were created by aliens

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/technology/sci-tech/we-are-star-people-scientific-proof-we-were-created-by-aliens/story-fn5fsgyc-1226617200225#ixzz2Q1qn17Ew

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:51 am

lol
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:07 pm

I often think we cant surely be the only humanoid thing in the cosmos ?! Still begs the question..Who made the people/aliens ? & who made that ?, & on & on it goes. Much like "the chicken & egg" syndrome.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:26 pm

Ok, I admit it. It was me. I started it all. I was drunk that day. Can we just leave it now?

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:41 pm

azriel wrote:I often think we cant surely be the only humanoid thing in the cosmos ?! Still begs the question..Who made the people/aliens ? & who made that ?, & on & on it goes. Much like "the chicken & egg" syndrome.

If space and time are fundamentally the same thing (hence, "spacetime"), then why do we talk about the creation of the universe as if there was a time before it existed? Seems to be a contradiction in terms. Is it even possible that something could have created the universe? Can one speak of causality at all if you are discussing a state in which time itself does not exist? Is it even possible for the universe to have ever not existed?

Have I blown your mind yet? Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:16 pm

yes you fricking have ! Shocked

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:20 pm

Are you trying to say that time & space are as one,in perpetual motion, & that everything thats ever happened, happened all at once, in one single second. All there is, is now, theres no yesterday, no tomorrow. Theres only this living breathing second.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:47 am

This sort of thing is why I drink. Twisted Evil drunken

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:06 am

no no no. Mad Space-time is not like that at all.

Imagine 3 dimensions of space, call them length, width and depth if you like. Draw them as 3 axes aligned like the edges of a cube at the corner, so they're all perpendicular. Now imagine a time-line like in a history book. OK?

Now the tricky part. Imagine passing the time line through the intersection (corner) of the other three lines in such a way that it's perpendicular to all of them. I know, it's not intuitive, but it's not that hard with some practice. That's the simple version of classic 4-dimensional space-time, and we live in it every day. It's just that we're always moving at a (mostly) constant speed along the time axis.

There, did that help? Very Happy

No? Shocked

OK then, ask Halfy. He's better at explaining these things. Banghead
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:11 am

Oddities, curiousities and strangness in history - Page 16 Im-confused-smiley-emoticon

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:54 am

Mission accomplished. Twisted Evil
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:55 am

Oddities, curiousities and strangness in history - Page 16 Angry-old-man-smiley-emoticon

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:35 am

So its feasible to assume that there could be other life out there ? Are we running parallel ?
(pass me the bottle, Petty, I think Im gonna need it !)
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:50 pm

Its a big ball of timey-wimey stuff to quote the Doctor.
Or the WSOGMM (whole sort of general mishmash) accoring the Hitchikers Guide. The good thing about the WSOGMM is you can slice it and dice it from any angle you like and you'll always find somewhere that something will call home.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:19 pm

Yes, but, where's the BOTTLE ?
Oddities, curiousities and strangness in history - Page 16 Smiley-emoticon-19-friendscirclesmileysgallery-bottle_zps5f26841e

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:48 pm

Im at the bottom of it! drunken

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next