malickfan
Forest Shepherd
azriel
halfwise
Eldorion
22 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety - Page 31 Empty Re: Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:56 am

{{ Different to some degree yes, but not that I am accusing you Lance of suggesting she should act young, but just expressing my fears with thee youthful casting so far that they are going for a vibe of 'youth'. Which I dont think is suitable in Galadriels case. }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety - Page 31 Empty Re: Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety

Post by Lancebloke Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:27 am

If I remember correctly she was quite an impulsive and possibly reckless Noldorian at least through to the end of the first age. It will be interesting to see where they take the characters though... we dont need a series of Dawson's Creek but set in Middle Earth!!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:31 pm

I've always liked the idea of an impulsive young Galadriel, but there were indications Tolkien started revising that concept in his later years.  I'd have to do research to find the evidence and that ain't happening, but it may be in the notes to Unfinished Tales.  But if so I'm glad he didn't publish her more mature version.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:27 pm

{{ Quick check- Galadriels history is by no means definitive, so they do have leeway on which version they go for, but as a general outline frommaijn published material, she was instrumental but in some unknown way in the Noldoreon rebellion to go after Morgoth. At the end of 1st age when the Valar forgave most of those who rebelled Galadriel was one of the few singled out to keep her ban, somehtng she was pretty defiant about, but indicates she must hav ebeen pretty gun-ho for the enterprise and oneof its main insitgators, agitators and/or planners. And by this time she was already married to Celeborn. Sometime after 75 SA she moved to Eregion, the Three are forged in 1590 SA with Galadriel getting one of them. Sauron lays waste to Eregion in 1697 SA. At some point after here, far as I can tell its unlisted in tale of Years or my Tolkien companion, Lothlorien was founded.

As an assumption, given the weirdness of Lothlorien how time moves there how it 'preserves' stuff, and indications given in the main text, Lothlorien is not just any bit of land but has had the power channeled via the ring Galadriel wears into it. And she couldn't have made use of it whilst Sauron had the One in his possession. So Lothlorien would have to be founded, on that logic, after Isildur took the Ring, which is in 3441SA, the final year of the Second Age.
Yet Lothlorien appears to be in existence from early on in the Third Age,if not form the very start.
My own take is she probably founded Lorien after she got one of the Three, but before Sauron forged the One, used it to create Lothlorien, then was forced to stop when Sauron created the One, and resumed doing so after his fall and the loss of the Ruling Ring.
But maybe Ive just missed something obvious somewhere and there is a date for the founding of Lothlorien somewhere in the books. Anyone knows do say.

Numenor doesnt sink until 3319SA, so there is a big time period to cover if they plan to do from the forging of the rings, the first war and the Last Alliance, and then the imprisonment of Sauron on Numenor, him beguiling and winning over the King and his councillors, then the people to worship of Morgoth and seeking immortality from the Valar, the Numenoreon conquest of Middle Earth, Ar-Pharazon the Golden the building of his fleet, the attempt to seize the Undying Lands and the destruction of Numenor. Its what about 300 years maybe more time period?

And thats just the cliff notes! }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:43 pm

I think Lothlorien was populated by other Elves before Galadriel and Celeborn arrived. They just went there and spruced the place up and taking over. Not sure of the specifics of how that all happened though.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:05 pm

Yep, G&C just moved in. I suppose the resident Sindar recognized power and saw the use of it in leadership positions during dangerous times.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:50 pm

Sindar! Couldn't remember what they were called.

Are they the ones that stopped on the way to Valinor or the ones that didnt leave the lake... or something else? Been so long since I looked in to the lore!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:56 pm

Yeah they started on the way but stopped before getting to Valinor.  The third set of elves (Teleri?) who basically said "the hell with that!" and wouldn't leave we never get to meet.  I'd suppose some of them got turned into orcs.  Let that be a lesson to all of us.

Edit: Nope, Avari. The Teleri are the wood elves. The Sindar are the ones who made it over the Misty Mountains, but stopped with Thingol. Tolkien actually makes it really complicated, and though a chart exists it needs explanations direction on it. THIS CHART tries but isn't that clear still.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:42 pm

Yet another youngster. Rolling Eyes  This really is beginning to look like Beleriand Hills 90210.

https://deadline.com/2020/01/robert-aramayo-cast-the-lord-of-the-rings-amazon-tv-series-game-of-thrones-alum-cast-1202823073/

Last edited by halfwise on Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:44 pm

{{ This is not boding well!! Mad Mad }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:54 pm

Me, I like a pack of 20 somethings as much as anyone, and the kids on Game of Thones did fine; but they were surrounded by the likes of Sean Bean, and Charles Dance, and Lena Headey.  They need people of weight to play off of.

I liked this Morfryyd well enough in Dracula, but she's only old enough to play a first age Galadriel.  I'll have a hard time believing she's been through a lot by the time we see her.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:17 pm

That Robert guy played the young Ned Stark so they have a Sean Bean lookalike at least.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:20 pm

Banghead

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:55 am

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:46 am

I expect some bigger castings soon. TV seems to be the new blockbuster the last few years. Renee Zellwegger and Adam Sandler will sign up soon.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:01 pm

Laughing If Adam Sandler signs up I'll be glued to the telly.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:51 pm

I am glad Will Poulter got binned, he is seriously not Tolkien looking.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:02 pm

No, he looks like a jerk-off. A smart-mouthed boy.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:09 pm

halfwise wrote:No, he looks like a jerk-off.  A smart-mouthed boy.

Presumably he would have been cast as a young Elrond due to the eyebrow situation. But that's all he has, weird eyebrows.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:31 pm

"Young Elrond". Kill me now.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:10 pm

well a wee bit younger Elrond then. Cool
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:21 am

To be fair, you could get away with a young Elrond if we are talking start of the second age.

Elrond: The Early Years

From the makers of Teenage Mom comes the inspirational story for the ages as Young Elrond learns to adjust to life as an immortal with a famous dad.

Can he shake off the past and step out of the light of his father's silmaril? Can he work through the guilt of his brother's slow creeping mortality? And most of all, can he deal with the trials and tribulations that come with a celebrity name and royal claim in a world that already has both?

I reckon it will be great.

Last edited by Lancebloke on Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:46 pm

Urf, you are correct. In fact, how could they possibly resist? I have to admit it has possibilities I never realized.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:14 pm

does he get his kit off?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:04 pm

{{ Oh kit!!! Thank Eru for that, thought you said 'kilt' for a second there and meant me! Shocked In which case yes, once a year for my annual bath Evil or Very Mad and I whack my kilt over a big rock to knock off the crusty stiff bits. Nod
Elves in kilts no, that'd be stupid, mind you at this rate we're going to have elves in nappies! Mad }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next