malickfan
Forest Shepherd
azriel
halfwise
Eldorion
22 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety - Page 30 Empty Re: Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety

Post by halfwise Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:26 pm

A relatively unknown actor drops out of a completely untested series. I see no ripple whatsoever in the space-time continuum from this.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety - Page 30 Empty Re: Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety

Post by chris63 Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:42 pm

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:29 pm

That seems good casting. she doesn't have a Hollywoody face and is interesting looking. Very Happy relatively similar to Cate Blanchett too.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:33 pm

Oo..that's real news! An actual named character. Smile

I don't buy this idea that Amazon is trying to fit hand in glove with Peter Jackson's version. They may keep some of the look but I don't think they'll lock themselves in.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:39 pm

{{{ I hope they arent locking themselves into PJ's as he misrepresent parts of the history and locations.
As to the casting, not keen, crabbit is twitching, as Figg says she does bear a remarkable resemblance to Blanchett, only young. And given how long Galadriel has already lived by the 2nd Age ( I mean she was young when the world was lit by the Two trees!) I don't see why she would look so young in the 2nd Age when she must be several thousand years old by then. scratch }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:53 pm

I think we're looking at what, 5000 versus 8000 years old?  

I'm not seeing Morfydd's age anywhere, which I suppose is....appropriate.  Being that she's playing a timeless character.   Has anyone seen Pride and Prejudice and Zombies?  May have to add that to the watch list to see how she checks out, though she seems to have such a bit part that IMBD doesn't even list her in the cast. Amazon is really going for unknowns here, which I supposed worked for the main cast of LotR, though they did have big names for the big names, if you know what I mean.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:44 pm

I think this casting bodes well for the film if they mean to continue in this vein.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:07 am

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies the book was fun and silly. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is a humorless dumpster fire.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:19 am

Thanks for warning me, Forrest.

Figgs - I can't get enough of a read on any of these largely unfilmed actors to say if the casting bodes well.  I'm concerned that they're casting too young and won't get the gravitas they need for Tolkien.  Only the casting of Joseph Mawle (for "Oren") seems weighty enough for my comfort.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:48 am

{{ My worry here is not just that they are casting young, but that they are going to write the characters as if they are young, when in Galadriels case at least she is thousands of years old already. What I really don't want is the Lord of the Rings equivelent of the Muppet Babies! Mad }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:56 am

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:40 am

They want red-heads? I'm up for that.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:57 am

Indeed, redheads do have a way of making one build a cabin, so to speak.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:22 pm

Embarassed  (I finally realized what Forest was playing at.)

But what I meant is, I consider myself a redhead (I complain when folks call me blonde) and I'd be up for a New Zealand gig.  I doubt I'd get enough as an extra to cover airfare, if even hotel fare.  I think they are assuming to cull strictly locals.  Mad

But going back to the topic, this somewhat girlfriend critter you've been mentioning, Forest - she wouldn't happen to be of the redhead persuasion, would she?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:33 pm

Going back to the casting call, they are looking for people with freckles (check, somewhat) but also looking for hispanic looking. So it looks like they will be moving around geographically, which is good.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:08 pm

{{ If they add crabbit, smelly and hairy arsed to that casting call I'm a shoe-in! Twisted Evil }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:21 pm

They want you to be living in NZ, or have a work visa, so that's me out.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:27 pm

Oh, a work visa. I'm supposing Aussies will have a slightly easier time with that.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:05 pm

halfwise wrote:Oh, a work visa. I'm supposing Aussies will have a slightly easier time with that.
I imagine so. Just a skip and a stone's throw away from each other! And they're all cut from the same BBQ-crazed cloth.

halfwise wrote:Embarassed  (I finally realized what Forest was playing at.)

But what I meant is, I consider myself a redhead (I complain when folks call me blonde) and I'd be up for a New Zealand gig.  I doubt I'd get enough as an extra to cover airfare, if even hotel fare.  I think they are assuming to cull strictly locals.  Mad

But going back to the topic, this somewhat girlfriend critter you've been mentioning, Forest - she wouldn't happen to be of the redhead persuasion, would she?
Sadly no, but she's Vietnamese (her parents moved from there that is) so her being redhead would be quite... unusual. And possibly cause for concern about what went wrong with her genes!

The whole "strict-immigrant-parents" thing is actually proving to be a bother. I have yet to meet them, but from what little I hear they have tossed me into the "unfit" category based on... something. It's making it difficult to see said sheila.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:26 am

Yeah Asians can be like that.  A date is more of a business meeting, and if you don't already have the wherewithal to start raising a family, why waste everyone's time?

I'm not generalizing so much as speaking from experience.  First step, don't even mention the word "girlfriend".  You may as well be saying "fiance" and it weirds them all out.  Sigh.  If something happens, it happens; just stay away from the 'g' word.  And away from the parents unless you're eying this chickadee up for a lifelong prospect. Rolling Eyes

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:49 am

And here I thought she was shy about "girlfriend" because of her age and this new generation's squeamishness about relationship names. :facepalm:

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:17 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{ My worry here is not just that they are casting young, but that they are going to write the characters as if they are young, when in Galadriels case at least she is thousands of years old already. What I really don't want is the Lord of the Rings equivelent of the Muppet Babies!  Mad }}

But she should be a little less worldly. There are experiences she hasn't had and family she hasn't yet lost. She possibly hasn't moved to Lothlorien yet depending on when this takes place... she may not have had her daughter yet.

She may also be a little less queenly with a lot of senior elves still alive or only recently (in elf timeframes) gone.

I think we could also see a more impulsive Elrond who hadn't seen much of the first age wars and not yet had the disappointment of the ring not being destroyed or the loss of his king etc etc.

The wizards may appear as old men but quite fresh of mind... before any corruption or distraction took hold.

I think there is lots of room for change with good reason.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:45 pm

Those are good points, Lance. We tend to think in terms of thousands of years rather than lifetime events, and have to be careful not to confuse the two.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:17 am

{{ Galadriel had seen the Two Trees, the forging of the Silmarils, elves turning on elves, the chasing of Morgoth to Middle-earth and all that ensued. She has seen and has done more than many human lifetimes worth of experience by the time of the 2nd Age, I dont think a lack of children or marriage is much of a factor comparitive to all she has already been through and experienced by this point. I just dont think she would come over as young, or much younger experience and personality wise than she was in LotR's with the sole difference she should probably be less pessimistic in the 2nd age before the forging of the Rings and optimistic about the forging of the Three. But that should not be down to youthful optimism so much as just personality.}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:54 am

Every major life experience changes people, possibly none more so than having your own children. By the time of LotR she has also taken responsibility for a realm herself which she didnt have before.

And I am not suggesting she should act "young" but she should be different. Cate Blanchett didnt exactly look old (I think she was about 30 when filiming FotR) and they have to recast if they are going to use that character.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next