malickfan
Forest Shepherd
azriel
halfwise
Eldorion
22 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety - Page 29 Empty Re: Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety

Post by halfwise Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:06 pm

I'm beginning to fear what we may get is along the lines of the sort of historical fiction "set against the backdrop of the tumultuous Second Age, three young strangers battle to carve a foothold and find love in a world of war and strange wonders" ... or something like that.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety - Page 29 Empty Re: Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:38 pm

{{ Dear Eru I hope not! Mad
Surely after the utter shitfest car-crash that was TH films they will know better than to make up their own stuff and try just sticking it into Tolkien.
I'm already afraid they will GoT it with over the top on screen violence and sex. The thought of sex scenes in Tolkien is somehow disturbing, like when Discovery decided what Star Trek really needed was some onscreen Klingon titty and sex scenes- no you just ruined what was good you fuckwits!! Mad Mad Mad }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:40 pm

I like the word ' fuckwits', its such a good word to use.

Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety - Page 29 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety - Page 29 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:07 pm

I also like "clusterfuck". Nod

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:55 pm

Clustercuss is my go to.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:44 pm

I like omnishambles.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:47 pm

I'd have to see that one in a sentence.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:22 pm

"Oi nah, these fuckwits have really got us all in omnishambles now. What a cluster-fuck."

"Watch your language shit-head!"

"Oi yeah sorry cluster-cuss I meant."

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:34 pm

Wow, that's service. I only needed one in a sentence, I got 4 in a whole conversation. Shocked

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:31 pm

Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:40 am

They're already making plans for season 2.

https://deadline.com/2019/11/the-lord-of-the-rings-series-renewed-season-2-amazon-early-renewal-season-1-hiatus-writers-room-reassembled-1202788730/

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:33 pm

{{ Well they seem very confident then!
Sadly I am not. Given the trend of modern tv to shoehorn social isues in as the main thing over plot and characters and narrative needs I think this will be a trainwreck. (talking of which Ive now seen the 1st epiode of Watchmen and the 1st epiosde of the BBC War of the Worlds- reveiws soon, but they dont give me hope for the state of current drama) }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:31 pm

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:36 pm

Oh wow, I missed the announcement on the previous page about Will Poulter co-starring in the show. What a silly casting! I mean, little baby Eustace all grown up? The boy from Son of Rambo? I don't know how I'll take him seriously.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:01 am

Another unknown youngster:

https://deadline.com/2019/12/ema-horvath-cast-the-lord-of-the-rings-amazon-series-1202806025/

I'm thinking this should be called Middle Earth 90210

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:28 am

{{ Laughing Maybe they are planning to introduce us to some characters when they are young and follow them over a long time frame into adulthood? Given some of the life spans involved. Shrugging }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:23 pm

Wow, not only is that lacking it crabbit, it was even optimistic! Shocked Have to admit I wasn't expecting that.  Did your better half dump some whipped cream in your morning whiskey?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:50 pm

{{ Sadly my Better Half turned out not to be as 'better' as hoped! That fell apart couple months ago- such is life. Sad But there is always buckie cheers drunken
As to crabbit, well at this stage its all so vague- we have no idea if these characters are based on anyone actually mentioned in Tolkien (the names given out so far seem to me like placeholders to conceal who they are playing) and we have so little information about what sort of time span the series plans to cover, if it will focus on one particular period or hop about, what region of ME it will focus on or be set in or anything really.
Crabbit needs something more definite to be crabbit about. Don't worry once we have more info to chew on sure something will peak the crabbit meter! Twisted Evil }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:54 pm

Sorry to hear, but these things are only occasionally lasting.

But here's something that may provoke a reaction. The character descriptions for the casting calls. Using Chris's usual source:

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:42 pm

Rolling Eyes This Fentony doesn't know what "irascible" or "cantankerous" means, and obviously couldn't be bothered to look it up.  He just spews his spit. How can someone who takes time to find and time images not have time to look up vocabulary he doesn't understand before posting to the public? I call this dude a loser.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:16 pm

Strong words Halfy!

Yeah he could have looked those up. Or have read more books.

My sympathies Petty.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:49 am

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:51 am

{{ Cheers Chris pub

As to the casting. Well I still say there isnt enough to be truly crabbit about yet. Concerend, yes, worried, indeed  Nod  but crabbit? Not yet.
Here's how I am reading those character descriptions (the main ones anyway) -

Beldor- protganonist. a character who could be far older.- dunedain? looks young but is actually 50 or something. Elf being the other option, and Elrond and/or Elros as he says is a possibility. Could be Elendil.

Tyra- teenager, so prob is genuinely teenage. Strength beyond her years is ambigous, they could mean physical strength or inner strength or both. Maturity beyond her years could imply some longer lifespan, making her possibly a young elvish character. Though the hints at her also providing comedic elements makes me wonder if she could be dwarvish given the use of Gimli by PJ as the comedy relief.

Oren- villain, so if its Numenor he has to be on the side of those enamoured by Sauron. If its RIng  Forging then likewise. Celebrimbor never was so not him. I dont see how it could be Sauron as he is not from a fallen nobility. A wounded and fallen nobility is intriguing though. The nobles of Numenor stay in power, its only the Faithful that are shunned, and they would not be villains in the story. So I am unsure which fallen nobility it would be. Unless it is set post Fall of Numenor, then could be from a fallen nobility.
Projecting a sense of timelessness is also interesting, first thought would be elvish, but then perhaps if its about the forging of the rings we are going to follow someone who becomes Nazgul? We know at least some of the Nine were once great Kings of Men.

Eldien- lead character. Female because of course it is its being made now.  Mad Mid-20's implies a very human aging, unique combined with eternal quality, my first thought on that was half-elf. I hope not, but it occurs that could very broadly, with the physical compononet be a description of Luthien, if you were to action up that story.
But probably just human and will be in lots of stupid over choreographed unrelaistic looking fight sequences, making the PJ error of forgetting in Tolkien the reader or viewer only buys into the outlandish magical stuff if you've already convinced them the world its happening in is real and understandable in how it works.
Dont think she will be Galadriel, she would barely have changed in appearence since then not look in her 20's. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:11 am

The Lord of the Rings Will Poulter Leaves Amazon LOTR Series

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:40 pm

I'm okay with this.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next