Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
Bluebottle
Forest Shepherd
Amarië
13 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Pizza Slice Smackdown: Yanks vs Vikings - Page 4 Empty Re: Pizza Slice Smackdown: Yanks vs Vikings

Post by Lancebloke Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:17 am

halfwise wrote:Lance, you are a man of honor.  Thumbs Up   In all fairness I should multiply New York slices by 2, but then things get fuzzy.  (I'd love to see someone manage 4 NYC slices in one sitting!)

Yanks    Vikings        Brits
Slices     12            15         7
Players    3             3          2
Ratio       4             5        3.5

I have eaten a whole pizza in NY and in San Francisco. Was stone baked and just a maghareta but managed the while thing. If it had been deep pan and had any toppings I wouldnt have made it!!!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Pizza Slice Smackdown: Yanks vs Vikings - Page 4 Empty Re: Pizza Slice Smackdown: Yanks vs Vikings

Post by Bluebottle Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:46 am

I get the comment about pizza not being all that healthy. My argument would however be, if you make it yourself, rather than get take out, you can change a lot of the reasons it tends not to be. I make pizza with a substantial amount of varying degrees of whole grain flour in the dough, (which would be a big no no if you'd ask any italian) making the sauce myself, using comparatively small small amounts of cheese and stocking up on vegetables (like olives, sjallots, red onion, mushrooms, peppers) for topping.

Pizza doesn't need to be comparatively that unhealthy at all. Smile

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:04 am

I eat pizza because it tastes nice, not for health benefits... YOLO and all that.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:33 pm

Well, I actually prefer it like that taste wise, but to eaches' own. Smile

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:39 pm

Cheese. You must have nice toasty cheese for pizza to taste right.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:48 pm

halfwise wrote:Rolling Eyes   Italian pizzas are the size of a smashed bun.  Or did you have it in Britain?

it was a real pizza. Mad
it was bigger than my face. pale
Long was this Doom foretold.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:50 pm

pizza is just bread and tomato and cheese, why is it unhealthy? its not fried. Shrugging
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:00 pm

I suppose by "real pizza" you mean italian. I really don't know where to tally it. Let's just publicly state that the Italian representative had 4 slices.

Half the concept is that white flour is unhealthy, which I can agree with. The other half of the concept is that cheese is unhealthy, which I totally reject.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:05 pm

its not fried.- Figg

{{ scratch Mine are! }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:06 pm

halfwise wrote:Cheese.  You must have nice toasty cheese for pizza to taste right.

Mrs Figg wrote:pizza is just bread and tomato and cheese, why is it unhealthy? its not fried. Shrugging

Not necessarily, maybe in the american sense, but pizza with less cheese is rather the norm rather than the exeption in places like Italy. Hell, italians will even make you pizza without any. Pizza marinara is among the first styles of pizza ever made, in Napoli.

I do like cheese, like mozarella, on a pizza though, just not the cheese mountain you get with some take aways and in some eateries, and particlarly with home made and deep freezed pizza in noruega, with the cheese drowning any other flavour. I guess it's not as much a health thing as a taste thing for me. Shrugging

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:26 pm

Italians may have invented pizza, but Americans popularized it. And it's popular because of the cheese. Hell, most Chinese turn up their nose at cheese....unless it's on pizza. Without the toasty cheese it's not pizza; it's a flattened out bread-bowl.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:57 pm

All this talk of pizza made me hungry, so I nipped off across the street and had a slice for breakfast.

Yanks    Vikings      Brits
Slices     13            15        7
Players    3              3         2
Ratio       4.3           5         3.5

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:12 pm

yeah me too. nice thin and crispy Margherita yum.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:28 pm

Another one? Are you Italy or Britain?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:40 pm

My son eats pizza at least once a week. Always Domino's & always just plain cheese, no other toppings and he eats the whole lot to himself as I am bored with just cheese on its own when there are a load of tasty pizza's we could try Smile He often had wedges to go with it, gawd knows how he doesn't put weight on ? He's still a Slim Jim Smile

Pizza Slice Smackdown: Yanks vs Vikings - Page 4 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Pizza Slice Smackdown: Yanks vs Vikings - Page 4 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:11 pm

halfwise wrote:Italians may have invented pizza, but Americans popularized it.  And it's popular because of the cheese.  Hell, most Chinese turn up their nose at cheese....unless it's on pizza.  Without the toasty cheese it's not pizza; it's a flattened out bread-bowl.

That's certainly what I'd expect the american perspective to be. Smile

To take the example of Norway, I think people on the whole sees pizza as originating in Italy. People still eat it, but the whole trend of american pizza has gone rather out of fashion with the american cultural imperialism of the 80s and 90s. Our version of american pizza was always thick doughed, cheese heavy boring affairs though.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:45 pm

halfwise wrote:Another one?  Are you Italy or Britain?

where the real ones are made. natch. Rolling Eyes

this is how my tummy felt after all this talk of pizza,

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:52 pm

I really like him ! he's great fun Smile

Pizza Slice Smackdown: Yanks vs Vikings - Page 4 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Pizza Slice Smackdown: Yanks vs Vikings - Page 4 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:23 am

I'll have an American style pizza over an Italian style any day - I like both, but when I'm hungry and really feel like eating pizza, American style wins every time Very Happy

Pizza Slice Smackdown: Yanks vs Vikings - Page 4 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:33 am

Hahah, yeah, I'm perfectly aware that my statement might be a bit "capital"-ist. I do think it's true on the whole though. Pizza in noruega can be american or italian, but the origin of pizza is predominantly in Italy if you'd ask the people involved, I feel

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:46 am

Bluebottle wrote:To take the example of Norway, I think people on the whole sees pizza as originating in Italy.

I don't think anyone in America disputes that pizza was invented in Italy. Many pizza places here emphasize the Italian connection in their names, logos, and decor even though they almost all serve one of the American styles.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:59 am

Italy invented it, we taught it to the world. After adding a suitable amount of cheese.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:09 pm

I threw together a homemade pizza on the 26th. It was done just before the storm 'Urd' cut the power, so we ate by candlelight. Minced meat, taco spice mix, crushed canned tomatoes and cheese. It wasn't a super thrilling taste feast, but it was ok and the kids loved it. Very shiny due to the flash on my phone and the mysterious substance called "topping" mixed with the cheese.

I throw in some wholemeal flour to make it a tiiiiiny bit healthier (and more filling). The dough doesn't rise as much then as a pure white break dough would.  

Pizza Slice Smackdown: Yanks vs Vikings - Page 4 20161210

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:56 pm

Okay, but how many of those slices did YOU eat? Need it for the tally.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:33 am

I would like to add half a pizza, which I had for dinner yesterday, to the count. I guess we could call that four slices Nod

Pizza Slice Smackdown: Yanks vs Vikings - Page 4 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum