Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
Bluebottle
Forest Shepherd
Amarië
13 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Pizza Slice Smackdown: Yanks vs Vikings - Page 9 Empty Re: Pizza Slice Smackdown: Yanks vs Vikings

Post by halfwise Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:59 pm

I'll add my measly one slice to the sacking and pillaging the Vikings have been doing. Mad But tomorrow night will end the contest with 4 more from me (small personal pizzas come free with each drink at a bar I know of, but given the size of what I think everyone else has been eating I'm not gonna make adjustments).

- - - Yanks Vikings Brits
Slices 70 77 44
Players 4 4 4
Ratio 17.5 19.3 11

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Pizza Slice Smackdown: Yanks vs Vikings - Page 9 Empty Re: Pizza Slice Smackdown: Yanks vs Vikings

Post by halfwise Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:06 pm

I'll add in my 4:

- - - Yanks Vikings Brits
Slices 74     77      44
Players 4     4        4
Ratio 18.5  19.3    11

I should mention the contest is over, and the Vikings clearly won by about the same margin as found in the article that started this thing (77/74 = 1.04; 10.9/10.3 = 1.06).  We actually had 5 members from each country pop up on the boards during this time, and even though I suspect both Norc and HuffJuff (who poked his nose in during the period) ate unreported pizza during this time, it wouldn't have changed the winning country.  Bungo might have tied it up for us if he didn't leave a week before the contest ended, but that may only tie with the unreported pizzas.

If we adjust by the total population of 5, we get about 15 slices per capita in a two month period; or 90 slices per year.  Using the article's rule of 8 slices per pie, this is 11 pies per year per capita, very close to the 10.6 average the article claimed.

In other words, it wasn't fake news...

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:28 pm

Was coming here to add 3 from yesterday (quite sizeable ones, too!), but I can see there's no need. Good job, fellow fjordians! Very Happy

Pizza Slice Smackdown: Yanks vs Vikings - Page 9 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:57 am

Was doing well early on but we went in a bit of a pizza detox (really just eating something else for a change) and ended up lagging behind.

For the record, I have an undocumented 6 slices that I failed to report but would have made no difference to the end result.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:24 pm

I looked at a pizza,
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:58 pm

Congratulations on a hard-earned victory to our pizza-loving Fjordian friends. Norway

{{{USA}}}
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:03 am

Congratulations!

{{{Of course, pizza with fish-head and lutefisk toppings doesn't count. So we all know who actually won. afro  }}}

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:46 am

They said they were eating pizza. But it was just alternative facts.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:06 am

More like they had invisible ones of these around all their pizza when they typed it out!

"pizza"

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:12 pm

had a whole pizza, it was twice the size of my face.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:07 pm

About damn time. Contest is over though.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:49 am

Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum