Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
Bluebottle
Forest Shepherd
Amarië
13 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Pizza Slice Smackdown: Yanks vs Vikings - Page 2 Empty Re: Pizza Slice Smackdown: Yanks vs Vikings

Post by Bluebottle Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:40 am

Still no pizza eating to update you all with. But I will grab my chance in the near future Smugdog

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Pizza Slice Smackdown: Yanks vs Vikings - Page 2 Empty Re: Pizza Slice Smackdown: Yanks vs Vikings

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:54 am

Oh it's on!

Pizza Slice Smackdown: Yanks vs Vikings - Page 2 Keep-calm-it-s-pizza-time

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:00 pm

Amarië wrote:Um, no,  I meant what I said. Very thick and fluffy chrust. Think... I dunno, foccacia thickness?

If you go back you'll see you wrote "thin crust Chicago style".  Good to see that was just a typo.

Okay, lots of talk so far, but no pizza eating? Suspect  Winning this is going to be ridiculously easy. :drum:

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:01 pm

{{deep fried battered pizza counts right? If so I had one yesterday Twisted Evil And used what was left over to mop up spilt buckie on the floor}}

Pizza Slice Smackdown: Yanks vs Vikings - Page 2 Scottish-pizza_cybquh_zpswh8xvqb8

Pizza Slice Smackdown: Yanks vs Vikings - Page 2 20110321-143573-Sumo-Grub-Pizza-Hole-Shot_zpsqbdycwxg

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:17 pm

It would definitely count, except that Scotland is not in the top tier of competition here.  We can mark you down though under the assumption that one slice was consumed and one was used for mop-up.

Yanks: 2   Scots: 2   Vikings: 0

(edit to reflect bucky slice consumption)

Last edited by halfwise on Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:45 pm; edited 2 times in total

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:27 pm

{{I still ate it!!!! Mad It was mopping up buckie I'm not mad!! drunken }}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:02 pm

Still not a typo, but out might be source error. Wikipedia lists deep dish pizza, stuffed pizza and thin crust pizza as Chicago style. Thin crust sounded more like the pizzas we have here, more crunchy than the NY/Italian. And if you can't trust what some random person decide too write on Wikipedia, then who can you trust? Wink

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:10 pm

Ah, often called cracker crust. It may be found in Chicago, but nobody would call that Chicago-style. The Wiki-article just listed it as one of the possibilities to be found in Chicago for completeness.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:25 pm

one slice was consumed and one was used- Halfy

{{For the sake of completion I should point out that Scottish pizza does not come in slices- its a half pizza or a full pizza and that's your choices and you just chow on down on the whole thing.  Nod }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:42 pm

... sometimes reality is stranger than fiction.
Underneath the batter that does seem to be a what I would call a typical pizza.

Also, pizza should not be this confusing.

Then again we're about to heart up a frozen pizza we bought from the ice cream truck, so.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:46 pm

Frozen pizza counts. Nod

As for Scottish pizza, given the size each half would count as a slice.  And New York slices are far, far larger than any frozen pizza slice, but so be it.

EDIT: off an ice cream truck?! affraid

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:26 pm

Do the two slices I ate at the airport the day this thread was started count?

Pizza Slice Smackdown: Yanks vs Vikings - Page 2 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:04 pm

I don't see why not! You can only count your own pizza slices though: no inflating the score!

And Petty.. I mean... OF COURSE the scotshobbit amongst us is going to be the one with deep fried pizza... What a cliche! Laughing (Looks "nasty delicious", I must say.)

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:32 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:Do the two slices I ate at the airport the day this thread was started count?

Ka-ching!!

Yanks: 2   Vikings: 2

entertainment inclusion: Scots: 2

The race is SO on!

(what happened to Amarie's avatar? Edit: must be flash related. Safari is now blocking flash; I can still see it in Chrome)

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:52 pm

Wohoo!

Pizza Slice Smackdown: Yanks vs Vikings - Page 2 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:40 am

So I'm not sure how many "slices" this would count as, but I picked up a 12" pizza last night and had 3 of the slices. Being a 12" pizza though, the slices were obviously considerably smaller than the single-slice variety.

Anyway, it was really good! The sauce is tomato and pesto, and on top it has Roma tomatoes, chicken, ricotta, sausage, artichoke hearts and basil.

I didn't take my own picture, but here's one I found online of the same pizza:

Pizza Slice Smackdown: Yanks vs Vikings - Page 2 Thumb_600

It's called the "Fort Point", and is from a Bay Area chain called Pizza my Heart.

Definitely one of my favourite pizzas. The more tasty things piled on top the better!

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:06 am

Looks interesting.  We can't go measuring areas, so we'll just go by slice.

Yanks: 5  Vikings: 2
per capita the Yanks are 2.5 vs 2! cheers

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:12 am

Oh, I forgot to list the pizza from the ice cream truck. I think it adds up to two slices.

They also have fish and cinnamon buns.  Nod Awesome concept.  Laughing

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:31 am

I also got round to some pizza eating. Put me down for three slices. Very Happy

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:45 pm

Okay, it would help if you guys would update the tally, but that's probably asking too much. Rolling Eyes

Yanks    Vikings
Slices:            5           7
Players:          2           3
Per capita:    2.5        2.33   (participants)

Note that if you enter another set of slices, you are still only one participant.    I suppose to make this truly correct I should take the number of Vikings and Yanks active in the forum.  Yanks: 4   Vikings: 4, in which case, the number of slices show the consumption per unit of population, and the Vikings are ahead. Banghead

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:12 pm

Scrummy looking ice cream Amarie Very Happy The pink heart shaped one looks particularly nice Smile

Pizza Slice Smackdown: Yanks vs Vikings - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Pizza Slice Smackdown: Yanks vs Vikings - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:16 pm

If I'm reading that right, if you spend enough money you a free slice of ice cream cake.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:32 pm

We'll get you yet!

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:05 pm

Amarië wrote:Oh, I forgot to list the pizza from the ice cream truck. I think it adds up to two slices.

They also have fish and cinnamon buns.  Nod Awesome concept.  Laughing

I read that as "fish and cinnamon buns" at first. Is it weird we fjordians have a bad name in the gastronomic line, I was thinking. Razz Laughing

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:53 pm

Any ice cream truck around here that also tried to sell fish would be avoided like a leper colony.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum