Eldorion
Saradoc
Pettytyrant101
Ringdrotten
leelee
35 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever - Page 37 Empty Re: Just...................whatever

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:52 pm

cheers Tyrantz cheers Kissing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever - Page 37 Empty Re: Just...................whatever

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:09 pm

we missed you too Scotshobbit. Sad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:15 pm

erm I need to know a nice but cheapish place to rent a room in London, as I may be staying there for two years. Its early days yet though, I havent had a reply yet from Uni but the 2nd interview seemed to go well. I want to start looking now anyway so I know where to look if I go. All the places I like seem to be for millionaires. Laughing like Hampstead and Highgate and Putney village. Mad
I want to find a quiet quaint villagey place with trees and nice shops but I will probably have to commute to find somewhere within reason. its bloody expensive. My mental image of London comes from reading Dickens and watching a lot of Sherlock Holmes Victorian stylee, I keep thinking there will be duck ponds and horse carriages and gas lamps, little cobbled streets and Pearly Kings. Razz
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:41 pm

Just...................whatever - Page 37 Dance1_zps00a376b3
The pint of Bitter's back Very Happy

Just...................whatever - Page 37 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Just...................whatever - Page 37 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:45 pm

Mrs Figg wrote: the 2nd interview seemed to go well.
:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
:carrot: Metal :carrot: Metal :carrot:
:carrot: :carrot: Metal :carrot: :carrot:
:carrot: Metal :carrot: Metal :carrot:
:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:51 pm

You've got to be careful NOT to be fleeced in London ! Its crowded & full of "dark skinned" landlords that are SO unscrupulous. There's so many parts to London, most are in all honesty run down & dirty, Not like the "Mary Poppins" film. If you want Genteel its gonna cost. Would you like me to look at sites for you & send you stuff ?

Just...................whatever - Page 37 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Just...................whatever - Page 37 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:16 pm

PETTY! cheers It's great to see you again. Very Happy I take it you're still having technical difficulties though? I hope we can see you fully back soon. Give 'em a mouthful when they finally show up. Mad
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:17 pm

I don't know anything about places to stay in London, Mrs Figg, but I'm really happy to hear your second interview went well! Very Happy Hopefully there were no Skype problems this time. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:36 pm

I didnt use Skype, it was by telephone thankfully.

thanks Azriel, I really want to know about any areas that seem as you say genteel and safe but not super silly rich or trendy, maybe an area a bit old fashioned and forgotten. I dont want anywhere modern or built up if possible, I know its probably impossible without going well outside the centre. I used to live near Twickenham and I know Richmond is very nice, so maybe I will try there. I heard Chiswick or Greenwich are ok, but I dont know those areas at all. it also has to be for students, but I dont want to share a house, I like peace and quiet at night, I remember an episode when I was at Manchester Uni where I shared with 5 people, 4 were friends, but one of the guys who lived in the basement was a freak. every night for 2 months at exactly midnight he would play Dark Side of the Moon at full blast, so loud it rattled the bannisters, it was like chinese water torture, nobody could sleep and he ignored our polite requests to turn it down. anyway this guy Pete who was a laid back hippy, one night totally flipped. Pete walked calmly out of his room, kicked the guys door in, grabbed the record as it was playing and smashed it to a thousand pieces in front of shocked freaky guy. freaky guy left next day. the next tennant was a drug dealer and he was very polite and quiet.

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:52 pm

lots of nice villages in gloucstershire but there's always a lack of affordable housing in most villages

Gypsy gal, the hands of Harlem

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:00 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:erm I need to know a nice but cheapish place to rent a room in London, as I may be staying there for two years.

i here there is a place in bakerstreet free... and ex-army doctor looking for flatmate.

Last edited by Norc on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:02 pm

i am glad Petty is back, it was awefully quiet here at day time.. and when i woke up all the oz-people had been on..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:09 pm

punches norc

Gypsy gal, the hands of Harlem

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:38 pm

you watch your back! i know kung fu!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:04 pm

I know "pong foo!", especially after a hearty meal !
Just...................whatever - Page 37 Smiley-emoticon-58-friendscirclesmileysgallery-page2-fart_zps69ee9d18
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:02 pm

Mrs Figg wrote: anyway this guy Pete who was a laid back hippy, one night totally flipped. Pete walked calmly out of his room, kicked the guys door in, grabbed the record as it was playing and smashed it to a thousand pieces in front of shocked freaky guy. freaky guy left next day. the next tennant was a drug dealer and he was very polite and quiet.

cheers lol!

Glad the interview went well. But, um...what about Mr Figg?

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:05 pm

azriel wrote:I know "pong foo!", especially after a hearty meal !
Just...................whatever - Page 37 Smiley-emoticon-58-friendscirclesmileysgallery-page2-fart_zps69ee9d18

i don't know pong fu... but i read it as pung fu and it had a completely different meaning.. Twisted Evil

oi CC, you know what my sig says?!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:51 pm

um this ex-army guy on Baker street, does he like loud music at night or is he a respectable hobbit?

Mr figg is encouraging me to make money in the future so he can retire to the Costa Smeralda, he says he doesnt mind me leaving for 2 years, I can make it longer if I want, like maybe 20yrs, but I think he's joking. Shocked my cat will miss me anyway. Laughing
but srsly I would come home for holidays and he would visit london and its only 2 hrs with Ryanair, it takes longer to get across london by car.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:03 am

well, he's very tolerant of violin in the middle of the night, so i think so.. just don't mention his dead flatmate... like... ever.. oh and the landlady is quite nice too Smile

is mr Figg really ok with that?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:10 am

I think his flatmate may just make a surprise return, which would be awkward. But I could if forced sleep on their sofa. Razz

Mr figg does what I tell him to. He knows resistence is useless. Rolling Eyes
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:13 am

haha, good i guess Wink you can bring him along though.. idk.. it sounds lonely to just move to london.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:35 am

to be honest I have never felt lonely when I have lived alone, in fact I think I prefer it. In an ideal world I would live by myself in my own home next to a husband in his own home so I can get some peace and quiet and do my own thing and then be sociable when I felt like it. that way I dont have to suffer football on the tv 24/7 and snoring, and he doesnt have my 'mess' and my cats putting their pooy bums on his pillow.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:55 am

haha, really? sounds a bit lonely to me.. i mean, yes, things can feel crowded and it's nice to be alone sometimes (srsly, i know what i am talking about, i have a twin) but in the long term.. it sounds lonely. i guess you're one of a kind.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:25 pm

being alone and being lonely are different things I suppose. I dont get lonely when I am alone but I sometimes feel isolated when I am surrounded by crowds of people. But I am quite sociable and chatty on occasion and if I need to talk to someone its easy to do. London is a huge daunting place and it can be lonely for people but if you have a positive attitude and are friendly it doesnt take long to make friends and its nice to get to know your local people, say hi in shops and cafes and such like, soon its not so bad being alone, its all about your attitude and personal resiliance. it also helps if you have stuff to do, mental stimulus, visiting museums seeing the sights, working, being busy you dont have time to get mopey. I am still searching for Diagonal Alley and that would take time and keep me busy. Razz
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:42 pm

oh yeah Nod diagon alley Very Happy do some spying on sherlock shooting too, they start in two weeks Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum