Eldorion
Saradoc
Pettytyrant101
Ringdrotten
leelee
35 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever - Page 17 Empty Re: Just...................whatever

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:48 pm

No better place than Forumshire for letting a little crabbit out leelee- you go right ahead (the buckie is optional if recommended as an aid).
I hope all turns out for the best in your life leelee- you and your family certainly sound deserving of a break and some peace and happiness and I hope you find it.
In the meantime in the words of Winston Churchill "KBO!" (Keep Buggering on!").

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever - Page 17 Empty Re: Just...................whatever

Post by leelee Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:56 pm

Thank you, how kind. I have always loved Winston Churchill since I was tiny, I cannot explain it but it was as if he understood my fears and whispered into my ear and said go do it anyway, and i did.
I saw a documentary on him and that huge, huge , frightenly huge palace he was born in absolutely terrified me. I thought that if one went through a certain door and wandered about say for six hours and got lost, it might take the servants a week or longer to find you and forget it you would be dead from thirst. And it would take like a year or so to visit each room and hang about in it for a day. And washing all those windows, why you would not complete them before the new year was upon you and all the windows were dirty again and you would have to start over. Shiver.
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:01 pm

wandered about say for six hours and got lost, it might take the servants a week or longer to find you- leelee

Oh you needn't worry about that the British Upper Class are born to deal with such things instinctively- like how they know which out of the 20 sets of cutlery arrayed before you at dinner is the right ones to use for the fish.

As for the windows- the Upper Classes never know more of such marvels as how they get cleaned than it is taken care of by 'a man'. A man they will never have seen, even whilst in the same room as the man (another inherent skill of the Upper Classes is not seeing things which might upset them- like poor people).

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:09 pm

Leelee - my apartment is one bedroom, but with a spacious living room by Manhattan standards: maybe 12x15 feet! ;-) And I get direct sunlight, which is worth more than you can imagine.

As far as just zipping out and getting whatever you need, I wish. Most places are mom'n'pop shops. If you have a very narrowly defined view of what you want you may have to visit 4 or 5 shops until you find exactly it. But I have a grocery store right across the street, 3 hardware shops within a 5 minute walk, a couple dollar stores the same (is this just an American phenomena or do I have to explain the dollar store concept?), a lavish sprinkle of restaurants, some flower shops, street peddlers who will squeeze fresh juice for you, etc etc. It really is convenient.

I had a realization a few years ago when visiting the great wilderness state of Maine: it's just like Manhattan but exploded across an area 1000 times larger: all the mom'n'pop stores, quirky bars etc. The only difference is concentration, not quality.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:15 pm

couple dollar stores- Halfwise

We have Pound shops here- where everything (well most things) cost a pound. I imagine they are the same idea.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:39 pm

we have 1 Euro shops. They are full of rubbish you never knew you needed, but because its 1 Euro, you buy it.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:06 pm

Ours are often full of rather suspicous experiments in food- I was in my local one the other day and there were bags of twiglets for £1- a good buy- until I noticed they appeared to be 'experimental' worcester sauce flavoured twiglets- the very thought of which had me shuddering in the shop. pale

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:49 pm

I have jelly beans that tastes like different coctails and ice creams..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:56 pm

I used to eat jelly beans that had been branded as Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans when the HP movies were coming out. Jelly Belly signed a contract with Warner Bros. that let them sell the beans under that name. Fortunately I avoided the snot flavored ones. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:19 pm

REALLY! WHY DO THEY NOT SELL THOSE ANYMORE!! I WANT !!!!! D:
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:38 pm

I assume because there isn't any new HP stuff coming out anymore. The HP merchandising machine in general has slowed almost entirely down. You can still buy overstock beans on Amazon but I have no idea how old they might be.

http://www.amazon.com/Harry-Potter-Bertie-Flavour-Jelly/dp/B0057ISDW2/
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:42 pm

putting it up for my wishes for my 18th birthday.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:43 pm

Do jelly beans go off? Or do they just last forever like plastics?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:44 pm

I think they last for ever.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever - Page 17 Empty just.................shatever

Post by leelee Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:00 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Do jelly beans go off? Or do they just last forever like plastics?

They last nearly forever. i don't eat them or certain flavours of yogurt because, well you read for yourself. I took a small excerpt from Foodaries, though I already knew this for a long time. :

Shellac: That Candy Coating On Your Sweets Really Comes From The Rear End Of A Beetle
June 13th, 2011 Posted by: admin Category: Food Science | 10 Comments »

How often do you think you are eating bugs? Probably more often than you think. Did you know that most candy coatings are actually made out from secretions that came out of a bug.

The stuff on your candy coatings is known as Shellac, an ingredient that is used in many candies, pharmaceuticals, and industries.

Technically Shellac is recognized as GRAS under the FDA or Generally Recognized As Safe for human consumption.

Many people are shocked and a little disgusted when they find out that the source of shellac is from the rear end of a beetle like bug. The other name for shellac,confectioner’s glaze, sounds much sweeter than dried beetle juice.

How Shellac Is Made

Shellac is scraped from the bark of the trees where the female lac bug, Kerria lacca, secretes it to form a tunnel-like tube as it traverses the branches of tree. These tunnels referred to as “cocoons”, but they are not literally cocoons in the entomological sense. The insects suck the sap of the tree and excrete “stick-lac” almost constantly.

The raw shellac, which contains bark shavings and lac bug parts, is placed in canvas tubes and heated over a fire.

This causes the shellac to liquefy, and it seeps out of the canvas leaving the bark and bug parts behind. The thick sticky shellac is then dried into a flat sheet and broken up into flakes when dried, and then bagged and sold. The end-user then mixes it with denatured alcohol in order to dissolve the flakes and make liquid shellac.
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:08 pm

Fortunetly that sort of thing doesnt bother me- I eat haggis. Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:38 pm

I also use shellac to varnish picture frames, so its not really what I want in my tummy Shocked and it stinks like a toxic dump, but maybe thats the turps.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:41 pm

I have just discovered panthenol cream is great for an itchy er scalp, and I got it from the 1 Euro shoppe Razz thats my handy medical tip of the day, its good stuff, I think its a B vitamin in cream form.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:29 am

I'm not well, a cold or something. Have had it since... Tuesday? I want to curl up in bed and sleep til Monday, but I have kids and Finrod has a million things to do outside, so...

Brought my job computer home, so I thought perhaps I could get some work done. Or not. Sleep

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:21 pm

medical tip of the day, try a vitamin C/zinc combo tablet, thats good for colds. also a spoonful of New Zealand Manuka honey.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:25 pm

Mrs Figg; Medicine Woman. I like it!

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:36 pm

GOLLUM JUICE!!!!
ginger + lemon + honey

always does the trick!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:15 pm

Or buckie- wont cure anything but youll care a lot less, especially about work.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:16 pm

Poor poor Am, this won't do.
For you one thousand milligrams of ester c in tandem with half a glass of filtered water with half a fresh lemon squeezed into it. No sweetener.
Then a large bowl of fresh made chicken soup loaded with anti oxidant veggies and spices and herbs to help the immune system If you are a vegetarian, then a nice creamed broccoli or caulilower soup.
Then a nice hot shower and to bed you go.
Get well dear. oh by the way Cloveress posted on the gentle planet. She only read about our Grondy then and was devestated. You might want to read her post. hugs.
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:08 pm

I went over as fast as I could. Thanks dear. Smile

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum