halfwise
Eldorion
Orwell
12 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

All New Who - Page 32 Empty Re: All New Who

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:48 pm

you mean like Rory tagging along? he certainly wasn't a 'proper' companion. he just tagged along because he was afraid his girlfriend would run away with the Doctor. he never once showed any enthusiasm or love for time travelling, he was a miserable little pipssqueak with a taste for emotional blackmail. probably the dullest man ever to set foot in the TARDIS.

RTD did twentysomething female superbly well, and he did it twice, hardly exaggerated. Moffat has done it 3 times. yawn.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:01 pm

you mean like Rory tagging along? he certainly wasn't a 'proper' companion- Figg

{{{Um he was in 26 episodes, hardly tagging along. Thats 90% of series 5 and 6 and half of series 7.

because he was afraid his girlfriend would run away with the Doctor. - Figg

{{um, no, thats not actually the reason. He goes along because he thinks the Doctor is dangerous to her-

RORY: You know what's dangerous about you? It's not that you make people take risks, it's that you make them want to impress you. You make it so they don't want to let you down. You have no idea how dangerous you make people to themselves when you're around. - Vampires of Venice, his very first trip.
More than Amy, far more than Amy, Rory sees the Doctor far closer to what he actually is, he understands him better too by the end- "This isn't fair, you are turning me into you" Rory to the Doctor The Girl Who Waited.

he never once showed any enthusiasm or love for time travelling- Figg

{{Simply untrue, he is a cautious traveler, but he clearly enjoys traveling-

RORY: We have two lives. Real life and Doctor life. Except real life doesn't get much of a look in.
AMY: What do we do?
RORY: Choose?
(The sound of a Tardis materialising.)
AMY: Not today, though.
RORY: Nah, not today.

And off they run together to have more adventures. But there are plenty examples where Rory is clearly enjoying himself, and we see in episodes like Dinosaurs on a Spaceship in contrast to his Dad how seasoned a traveler he has become.

he was a miserable little pipssqueak with a taste for emotional blackmail.- Figg

Ah just chuck some insults about. Personally a man who goes off on dangerous adventures with his fiancee because he does not want harm to befall or, or to prevent her doing what she feels she wants and has to do, and so does not try to stop her. And who proves his devotion and love to her by being her protector for 2000 years, and her partner in adventure and life and parenthood, before she gives up her life with the Doctor for the life she now knows she wants and is ready for, that of a life with the person she loves and always has done, Rory, does not for me fit your description, at all. }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:32 pm

vague memories of eating a whole box of cherry liquor chocolates and calling Rory Williams a pipsqeak.

but I was very, very, drunk
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:19 pm

{{{ So proud of you Figg! drunken
I was wondering, Amy I can sort of understand, she is a woman, you are a woman, therefore instantly complicated Nod - but Rory? Poor ole loveable Rory? }}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:38 pm

Big Finish have uploaded quite a few audios to Spotify for free online listening:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gallifrey/comments/4xfct5/doctor_whorelated_big_finish_audio_dramas

Also, I read on Gallifreybase earlier that Mark Gatiss was asked to novelize Crimson Horror (why they'd choose that and not one of the more popular episodes I don't know), it didn't happen, and I find it quite hard to imagine novelizations selling in the age of streaming and youtube anyway...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:45 pm

{{Brilliant! And I,Davros is there too!! cheers cheers That comes highly recommended from me. Nod }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:22 pm

I am now sober. He is still a pipsqueak.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:53 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/aboutthebbc/entries/5fa5d449-0c02-4839-846e-c4a999dbaba6?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=about_the_bbc&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=corporate

Steven Moffat: As there is no new Doctor planned in the near future we don’t know if it would be a woman next time.

I'm going to be optimistic and assume near future means two or three years, and we refers to both Chibnall and Moffat i.e Capaldi has inked a deal to stay on for another few years, Moffat might be lying through his teeth to disguise a surprise regeneration, but either way I'm fairly certain Capaldi would have come to a decision by now, Chibnall is currently drafting S11.

Job opportunity for you Petty Wink :

http://careerssearch.bbc.co.uk/jobs/job/Script-Editor-Golygydd-Sgript-Doctor-Who/17858

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:44 pm

i.e Capaldi has inked a deal to stay on for another few years- Malick

{{{Oh I do hope you are right bounce bounce }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:07 am

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:11 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-37572332

he stars of Doctor Who will join Matt Damon, Keanu Reeves and Kate Beckinsale at this year's New York Comic Con.
The four-day convention in Manhattan normally attracts tens of thousands of people, many dressed as their favourite fictional characters.
Peter Capaldi has previously attended San Diego Comic Con, but his appearance this weekend will be his first at the New York event.
He will be joined by Pearl Mackie, who plays the Doctor's new companion Bill.
The show's writer Steven Moffat and actor Matt Lucas will also appear alongside the shows's stars.
Former Doctor Who star Matt Smith and his ex-castmates Jenna Coleman and Alex Kingston will take part in a separate panel called Tales from the Tardis.
New footage from the show will be screened at the event, ahead of this year's Doctor Who Christmas special and the new series set to air in 2017.

Post from Gallifrey Base with a couple of minor spoilers and further evidence Capaldi is sticking around:

http://gallifreybase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9853534&postcount=1498

I was lucky enough to attend the taping and meet & greet at Space in Toronto today with Capaldi, Moffat, Pearl and Minchin. I was so excited to come here to GB with something substantial to report finally after my 20-odd years of membership, but they were extremely tight-lipped regarding info on Season 10 and the X-Mas special, just as I expected them to be. So I don't have much in terms of specifics!

However, it was a real thrill to spend a couple hours with them. There were only about 40 of us there in the room, so it was quite intimate. I was sitting directly in front of Peter Capaldi, no more than a few feet from him. They all looked a bit exhausted, probably from the trip over and from the past few months of shooting. But they were as gracious and committed and FUNNY as I'd hoped, and we fans were wildly enthusiastic throughout.

Spoiler:

Otherwise, most of the hour focussed on Pearl joining the show. Moffat refused to reveal anything at all in terms of Series 10 spoilers, which was no surprise. He was asked about returning monsters - Classic & otherwise - to which he responded "yes, and yes", without giving anything away. He did say that the approach in the first episode is to serve as a square-one start, like Eleventh Hour, Rose, and Unearthly Child. If you start watching with the first ep of series 10, you will get everything you need to know - a perfect jumping-on point.
Spoiler:

Pearl came off terrifically in person and charmed us all. I'm excited now to see her in action. Moffat was hilarious, quick, crusty in the best sense, insightful - just what you might expect, unless you're a hater, in which case I assume you gave up reading this report a paragraph or two ago. And Capaldi? Well, Capaldi is THE GODDAM DOCTOR  'Nuff said.

At one point the panel was asked about favourite stories. Capaldi offered up Day Of The Daleks ep 4 and went on at length about his delight watching the special edition featuring "more than 3 Daleks". Then he said he prefered NOT to re-watch certain old stories for fear of reality intruding upon his magical memories of the tales. He pointed to The Web Planet as an example - and Moffat advised us never to watch it.  Laughing So even if we DO get a return to Peladon this year (for which I plan to sacrifice a goat to Eldrad), we most definitely should NOT expect a return to Vortis.

Peter showed off his new sonic, and was kind enough to let us all handle it during a commercial break! What a wonderful guy. His enthusiasm and commitment are a true delight. Moffat was asked about his upcoming departure and again stated that it remains so far off he's embarrassed to discuss it yet. Then the hosts asked Capaldi about leaving and he repeated that he has absolutely no plans to go. The audience cheered! My 'read' of the moment was that he is definitely not going anywhere. Obviously it could be a feint, but having watched him answer the question just 5 feet away from me, I would confidently put money down on Peter Capaldi starring in Series 11. Hope springs eternal...

At the end we got to meet them and shake their hands. I looked Peter right in the eye and said "Don't you go anywhere." and he winked at me and said, "Don't you worry." I got to shake Moffat's hand and thank him for all his great tales. The whole thing was a real blast. I think I beamed at them like a lunatic throughout the entire experience! I'm 42 now, but man, I was 10 years old in that room today. Timey-wimey...

Best part? Meeting and hanging out with a couple other "elderly" fans in their 40's beforehand and afterwards. As a lonely, weird kid, my Talmudic love for Doctor Who was a private pleasure. There is a great sweetness to the fact that all these years later, Who can bring strangers together in a philosophically intimate way. A GREAT DAY!

xoxo

Josh

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:35 pm

{{{Good news all round I'd say. I say Capaldi and Moffat in an interview on Canadian channel Space recently and they were asked about a female Doctor to which Moffat replied, 'there isn't a vacancy right now" and then Peter chipped in repeating that "yeah there is no vacancy".

So really starting to get my hopes up he is staying on after Moffat leaves. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:24 pm

{{Beautiful Sad (and highlights some of the lovely narrative parallels Moffat has drawn across series 8 and 9)}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:53 pm

I hope Chibnall gives us someone new. Capaldi is a nice bloke but a bit samey.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:22 pm

{{{First look at the xmas special- if you dont know the basic premise you might want to avoid}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:04 pm

{{Trailer for Who spin off Class}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:47 pm

Apparently a writer from the Classic Who will be writing an episode for Series 10!

https://twitter.com/fangirlishness/status/784419386027302913

The Xmas Special looks like camp over the top silliness, perfect from Christmas, still not sure if I'll bother watching Class...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:01 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/steven-moffatt-shoots-down-both-a-peter-capaldi-veep-cameo-and-peter-jackson-directing-doctor-who-164845367.html

Hmm, didn't Jackson say he'd do it for a dalek prop? Maybe they are lying?

http://io9.gizmodo.com/peter-capaldi-wants-a-story-where-the-doctor-wakes-up-t-1787539997

Laughing Let Capaldi write an episode!

Last edited by malickfan on Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:05 pm

All New Who - Page 32 Nfk8xTZ

(That isn't even a complete list)

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:13 am

{{{Wonder which classic writer it will be? Dicks? }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:03 pm

Joe Gilgun for the next Doctor. Razz

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:28 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{{Wonder which classic writer it will be? Dicks? }}}

Hmm...Dicks was photographed at a charity event (a retrospective about the Doctor Who Target Novelisations) with Moffat a few months ago, but I'm rather doubtful that he'd want to do it, he's in his early 80's and probably retired, writing a single 45 minute episode for modern audiences would be very different to a 4/6X25 minute serial (I like Dicks's Who stories alot, but he's more of a plot/atomphere writer than a character or action writer I don't think he'd be able to adapt to modern TV style...) If I were to guess I'd say someone like Marc Platt, Andrew Cartmel or Andrew Smith-they have all written quite a few stories for Big Finish, and I vaguely recall reading the former was approached to do Torchwood at one point...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:31 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:Joe Gilgun for the next Doctor.  Razz

He's a good actor but I don't want yet another quirky young guy with weird hair.

I say bring back Rowan Atkinson:

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:17 pm

thing with Gilgun is he can flip the switch from 'quirky' to psycho in the blink of an eye. He can be funny/dangerous/alien and endearing all at once, which is some feat of acting. and the best thing of all is you don't know what you are getting, he may be quirky but it certainly isn't Tennants type of quirk, Tennants type of quirk was friendly quirk, Gilguns type of quirk could get you killed, or worse. Being his companion would be interesting and that's what I am missing at the moment. but that's just my personal taste I guess. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:05 pm

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum