Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

All New Who - Page 33 Empty Re: All New Who

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:44 pm

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:55 pm

{{{I was just watching a John Oliver Late Show clip and there was a joke in it about Obama from the past talking to present day Obama, and they illustrated it with a picture of two differently aged Obama's in front of the TARDIS.
Its very odd for me, a fan of what was a small quirky underfunded, often derided British show to see it being referenced as collective pop culture in the US in the same way the image of the TARDIS or Daleks or the Doctor have done in the UK as shorthand for time travel ect for decades.
I guess its a mark of how broader the shows reach is these days. }}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:36 pm

{{{The Doctor's are becoming Mr Men! Written by original Mr Men creator Roger Hargeaves son.
The first few books will cover the 1st, 4th, 11th and 12th Doctors.}}}

All New Who - Page 33 _91760573_composite1_zpsmkgbuepa

All New Who - Page 33 _91764887_composite2_zpsgsbdw40z

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:12 pm

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:58 pm

Rumoured Spoilers for Series 10 were posted on Gallifreybase:

Possible Spoilers/Series 10 Speculation:

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:04 pm

Spoiler:
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:32 pm

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:18 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:
Spoiler:

More possible spoilers were posted:

Possible Series 10 Spoilers:

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:51 pm

{{very nice theme based vid showing how when it comes to loss and pain of those close to him the Doctors judgement can become clouded indeed, the very reason he needs people there to stop him in the first place}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:52 pm

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:30 am

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:00 pm

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:35 pm

{{Really enjoyed this}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:58 pm

love this. its kind of how I would like Doctor Who to be in my ideal fantasy version.

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:35 pm

{{Was listening to the soundtracks and in particularly the themes for each of the NuWho Doctors (as they are all Murray Gold tracks) and I think one of the thing the show will miss when he retires from it is how interprets each Doctor musically- he is really good at it. And not just the Doctor but the shifting style of the show and how it is written.

9 and 10 (RTD era) are very majestic, very epic, more than a touch melodramatic (even by Who standards I mean, melodrama being a staple of any Who) much like RTD's writing is overtly melodramatic. They are also pieces full of mystery- for 9 its the sense of age and the scale of the universe and all of Time softened by his love for humanity- the Time War and his experiences through it- lots of choral, lots of emotional notes- again similar to RTD writing.

For 10 its the hugely epic and tragic- its about gods, and loss. Befitting of 10's view of himself as Last of the Time Lords, The Lonely God, The Oncoming Storm of legend. The Doctor who not only defeats bad guys but also sits in judgement over them (Family of Blood being the best example).

11's theme on the otherhand is a much faster, more driving, younger sounding theme reflective of a younger physical incarnation and the melody is more prominent and carries the piece throughout- similar to how in Moffat era series are more carried by interwoven plot arcs than previously. And its full of fast catchy phrasing, similar to Moffats writing of quick back and forth dialogue- the music is faster and snappier.

Then we have 12- which marks a big shift in tone from 11 in show and for Gold musically- it still has that driving melody bit but its confined now to the latter half, whereas the sense of mystery and uncertainty of just what he might do next which marks 12 is prevalent in the opening of the piece. The latter part still has that driving memorable melody for 12 that has the epic hero vibe but its also got added back in more the sense of age and mystery that were in 9 's theme.

Also of note each successive Doctor's theme is longer than the previous ones. }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:25 pm

{{Watched the first episode of Class- they released the first two episodes together, though they are not a two parter and I haven't watched the second one yet- so this is a review of episode 1.

-SPOILERS-

Which was OK. I want to get the verdict out the way first so as when I get crabbit about what I didn't think worked you don't get the impression I thought it was bad. Not great, but definitely not bad. Just ok.

The first thing is this is a young adult aimed genre. I have no idea what that means, was complicated enough when irt went kid-teenager-adult- where a young adult falls there I am unsure, and after watching this even more unsure.

It is clearly however not aimed at someone like me who thought the direction and editing way too fast. In fact the whole episode is way too fast- there is a hell of a lot packed into forty-five minutes as what we have here is the introduction and set up of each character and their basic personalities, relationships ect and a story about an alien, his complicated to explain relationship with his protector/slave/being punished freedom fighter, hiding out in Coal Hill at the same time as a bunch of angry aliens who were old foes of this alien (who turns out to be an alien prince) strike an invasion through rifts in time, created by a build up of chronoton particles which are a result of all the Doctor related activity around their since the 1st Doctor's time. Oh and there's a prom on too.
If that seemed tricky enough to read imagine cramming it all into one episode.

In terms of its sexual content- People are gay, theres some snogging -hetro and homo -but nothing over the top Torchwood style and there is violence. Oh yes there is violence!

And about here is where I start to have some issues- not that 'Im a prude but the switches in tone in this episode are pretty severe, in part thanks to the breakneck speed that complicated mass of information above is imparted at. In particular when it comes to its violence- of which there isn't any for most of the run time, then when it comes its more 18 than Sarah Jane, with one characters girlfriend being reduced to a pile of innards and blood which splatter her horrified boyfriends face, the same boyfriends ends the fight with the bad guy by having his leg brutally and graphically amputated with a sword whilst after showing it in detail the camera linger son his horrified screaming face- very Games of Thrones- not very Who in my view.

The best bit for me was the Doctors appearance at episodes end, though its teased earlier in the episode, but whilst Capaldi is brilliant as usual, and the writing for him is pretty good he feel like he has stepped into the wrong show coming right after all this sudden visceral onscreen gore. Its a bit weird.

In summing up- it aint aimed at me, and it felt that way too watch. But there are some decent ideas in there to build around: characters with potential (and a lot that just seemed to tick boxes- quiet nice girl who is really actually tough and is tough because her mother was paralysed and she has to care for her all her life, handsome jock type who is top footballer with pushy career obsessed dad, that sort of thing. And the basic premise, simple though it is has plenty of scope for stories- rift in time and space that can open up and let nasty shit through.

So ok as I said at the beginning. Just not my cup of Whovian tea I don't think. But I will watch the second episode to see what they do there, though from the trailer for it increase the gore seems on the cards Mad

}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:57 pm

{{{Ok watched episode 2 and thought it was much better.
The pace is slower, it deals with the consequences of what happened to everyone in the first one, a little heavy handed in places mind you (we get the replay of Ram's girlfriend disintegrating and splattering him with blood flashed at us about half a dozen times in quite short succession) and I was right in general about the gore being higher in this one.
SPOILERS- it basically deals with Ram, whose the jock that got his leg chopped off and replaced with a scifi hitech one thanks to the Doctor, his friendship with one of the other characters, coming to terms with his mnew situation- as well as the rest of the group just trying to get on with their lives.
I actually quite like them as a group- they remind me a bit of the Breakfast Club, in that they are a bunch of teenagers who normally wouldn't hang out together- which gives for a good variety of perspectives and clashes of perspective.
The antagonist comes in the form of Ram's PE teacher- whose a nutjob who also just happens to have a living tattoo that occasionally nips off him to become solid and skin people alive. Which is where the gore comes in.
But the villain would not be out of place in an x-files episode.
The editing, pacing and general direction is slower, which fits it being about delving a ittle deeper into character. And there are some fun moments and some good lines.
I still dont think its quite my thing, but its certainly not bad either in my view and not a terrible way to spend 45 minutes of your time. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:46 pm

{{Loved this- Halloween themed Who vid}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:49 pm

All New Who - Page 33 Dr%20who_zpsjhf7yabs

All New Who - Page 33 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

All New Who - Page 33 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:49 pm

Razz  love that! that picture needs to have some Bustle related fanfiction! bounce
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:41 pm

Thumbs Up

All New Who - Page 33 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

All New Who - Page 33 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:28 pm

{{Garostudios latest Who vid}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:42 pm

{{{I thought this was really well put together- its a trailer for Day of the Doctor done in the style of the SW Force Awakens trailer, just done very well indeed.
Also seems to be Chinese. I had no idea they got Who in China- thought it would fail the censorship there given a lot of the subject matter. But glad to see its got its Chinese fans out there. Welcome aboard Chinese Whovians- you're in for one hell of a 50 odd year trip! Very Happy }}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:46 pm

{{{Mmmmm far as I can tell from some admittedly limited research is that the Chinese government banned Who Shocked

'Doctor Who proved to be a challenge for the Chinese government which eventually decided to ban it. The reason for that harsh decision was the fact that the series inspired Chinese people to oppose the government and demand more human rights.

The official explanation is that the sci-fi series distract Chinese citizens from reality as they imagine themselves in alternate realities. The results are that they do not work, become unproductive and a burden for the society. What is even worse, they oppose the government which took a strong position against the depiction of time travel.' }}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:42 pm

No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg