halfwise
Eldorion
Orwell
12 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

All New Who - Page 40 Empty Re: All New Who

Post by malickfan Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:16 pm

http://www.choicemag.co.uk/category/features/peter_capaldi___i_like_characters_who_are_strang

http://www.choicemag.co.uk/uploads/features/Choice%20Dec%2016%20Peter%20Capaldi.pdf

And Peter says that as long as the producers will have him, he’s happy to stay with a role that is, he says,“the best job on the telly”

...The forthcoming series will be his third in the role and, despite rumours that have swirled around since show-runner Steven Moffatt announced his departure, it seems Peter will be staying in the Tardis for the time being at least. “I love being Doctor Who,” he said
earlier this year, “so I will be around as long as it’s right to be around.”

Speaking as someone who very much wants Capaldi to stick around for a while this at first glance appears to be very good news (if the above is accurate and recent that is) he appears to have changed from a position voiced several months ago that he hadn't made his mind up yet, to a public position of wanting to stay if the producers want him to. Given that A) He specifically said that he had been asked to stay on (though whether this was by the new producers, Moffat, the BBC or his Agent isn't clear) quite a few months ago, B) The above now shows a specific desire to stay that he hadn't expressed as clearly before and C) As a highly respected  working character actor if he doesn't now stay for S11 the public perception could be that either he was forced out or decided to leave when he was still wanted, it certainly more likely than not that he could be sticking around for at least another series.

On the other hand that article is quite confusing- most of the quotes by Capaldi are from other, older interviews, the interviewer mentions producers (whilst I don't think Capaldi does directly) it isn't entirely clear when this article (which heavily recycles old material) was written, so there isn't necessarily any indication about his future plans, perhaps the writer is just projecting their opinions.

There was a rumour reported by the Daily Mirror (which has published several truthful rumours and pre-release spoilers in the past) several weeks(?) ago that Capaldi wanted to stay but also was pushing for a slight pay rise and was negotiating with the BBC about a potential future contract, perhaps both articles are true, perhaps negotiations have fallen through since it was written and he has determined Xmas 2017 is the 'right' time to go...

Let's say the first quote is real, 'Producers' is quite vague...which ones do they mean? perhaps Chibnall (or even Moffat) asked him to stay on, but the BBC executives have other ideas?

Capaldi certainly seems to be enjoying himself in the role and has indicated very strongly he'd be interested in staying on, but I'm beginning to wonder, if that is the case, why hasn't anything been confirmed yet? (by either the BBC or spoiler sources). Chibnall is likely to start filming within the next six months so I'd assume a decision had been made...

I'm very much hoping Capaldi sticks around for a while, but I'm not going to get my hopes up just yet, Moffat seemed very sure that could persuade Matt Smith to do one last series (and Smith publicly said he was staying up to a very late stage) and that didn't work out...

Last edited by malickfan on Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:17 pm

And on the subject of Racheal Talalay there was a report on Gallifreybase that she had been spotted in Cardiff near productions offices, perhaps she is in pre production for her 3rd Who series finale in a row?

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:56 pm

{{{Wages for major stars is a contentious point with the BBC right now, what with them being forced to publish what they pay the top earners. But given how much Who makes and its global reach for a pittance of the budget of similar global shows it would seem stupid to not cut a deal. If it is negotiations that are the sticking point that would explain the silence maybe. Like you I hope very much he is staying- he is a massive asset to the show and the character under any showrunner

'perhaps she is in pre production for her 3rd Who series finale in a row?'

That would not surprise me at all- she seems to have a good working releationship with the production and with Capaldi and a genuine fans passion for the material}}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:39 pm

{{Garostudios latest}}

{{Think Ive tracked down the source of some of that stuff Malick about Capaldi- seems to be from this interview (its quite a good read actually as it covers his whole career. But it also seems to be made up of statements and quotes from the past year as opposed to anything new for the article.}}

http://www.choicemag.co.uk/uploads/features/Choice%20Dec%2016%20Peter%20Capaldi.pdf

{{Bollocks! Sorry Malick thats same piece you linked to! Mad - so yeah, based on that my guess would be there is currently no new information. I cant find a quote in there thats not from another source made earlier in the year. }}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:44 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{Garostudios latest}}

{{Think Ive tracked down the source of some of that stuff Malick about Capaldi- seems to be from this interview (its quite a good read actually as it covers his whole career. But it also seems to be made up of statements and quotes from the past year as opposed to anything new for the article.}}

Yeah, I edited than into my post, the article is quite interesting but it seems like most of it was recycled from previosu interviews, it isn't clear when it was written either, Chibnall is probably still drafting hi series plans so Capaldi still has a few months left to make up his mind.

There was a rumour on GB that Chibnall was putting together a writers room and planning S11 and S12 at the same time, if Capaldi is sticking around 5 series is a very respectable number to bow out on.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:50 pm

{{Hah- just made an edit to my above post reflecting just that Malick!! Very Happy

Thing is if 12 was going to regen in time for a new series then you would think they would need to know by now- they have shot the series and in its mainly in post now and will begin airing at Easter.
So my hunch is they couldn't keep it quite if there was a regen this upcoming series- the new Doctor would have to be on set for the regen scene- its not impossible they might be able to keep that secret- but they have never managed it so far.
So if 12 is to regen that makes Moffats final xmas episode the only chance to regen. There is precedent for that in terms of tv broadcasting for Who- 10's regen was shown as a two parter starting on xmas day- it is possible they may do another 2 part xmas regen story for Moffat and Capaldi to bow out on.
If he is leaving thats when I'd expect to see it.

But like you, I really hope that is not the case. I want 12 for a good few years yet, I think we are just getting started with him, his series on the show seem to have flown by! And its hard to believe with this upcoming series he will have done as much as Tennant and Smith Ive just enjoyed his Doctor so much I havent noticed it flying by!}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:32 pm

...yet Eccleston had more impact on me. I remember his performance even now, but I have forgotten all Capaldis performances they kind of meld together. The only one I remember is his first, and not for the right reasons. Totally forgotten Smiths too. But this is my own experience obviously.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:12 am

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:23 pm

That's nice Smile

All New Who - Page 40 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

All New Who - Page 40 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:23 pm

{{yeah important to remember what a simple tale can mean to folk at different moments in their lives Nod }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:28 pm

Absolutely ! Don't underestimate the little things in life, they can sometimes be the magic key.

All New Who - Page 40 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

All New Who - Page 40 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:01 pm

{{{ Really liked this}}

{{and their other one}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:48 pm

don't know if this is true.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/peter-capaldi-leaving-doctor-who-7245477
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:00 pm

{{No- its old speculation from last year- that article date of publishing is January 2016-

'21:00, 25 JAN 2016 Updated 16:57, 26 JAN 2016'}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:30 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:don't know if this is true.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/peter-capaldi-leaving-doctor-who-7245477

The mirror also spent months claiming Capaldi would only do a single series, then changed their minds and claimed he was leaving at the end of Series 9 so I wouldn't read too much into that, he later confirmed he'd been asked to stay (though it was unclear if that was by Chibnall or the BBC), Moffat stated only a few months ago he didn't think he would be writing Capaldi's regeneration story, and Capaldi stated in an interview recently (on a Morning chatshow of some sort) that (paraphrased from memory) he was still loving the role and hoped to still be the Doctor for a long while to come (though he could be referring to doing Big Finish audios eventually or still be liked by fans), at present I'm more inclined to think he's staying for Chibnall's first series (though I'd like him to do five in total...) as a holdover to help ease the changes in (Moffat has stated many times how stressful he found it launching S5 with an entirely new cast-he tried very hard to persuade Tennant to stay for one final series but he decided not to) though it could be misdirection to hide a surprise regeneration.

Apparently Capaldi's initial contract was for two series, later extended too 3 with the option of a fourth year so he more likely than not would have stayed for Series 10 had Moffat left after the 2015 Xmas special anyway (which was his intial plan, one of the reasons Series 10 was delayed because Chibnall couldn't take over till 2018 and no one else was willing to step in for a year), so it seems Capaldi has no objections to working with a new producer.

Chibnall's putting together the scripts for S11 (which will probably air in Spring 2018), and I think S10 finishes filming in March/April so if Capaldi is staying or going we should know in the next couple of months.

I'm very much hoping he sticks around, he's easily my favourite Doctor of New Who (and my second favourite overall after McGann), it feels like he has so much more to give, and it would be very interesting to see how his Doctor changes and grows under a new producer. I'm worried that 3 series and done could become a pattern for Doctors and I'll probably stop watching again when he leaves anyway...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:22 am

-------

http://www.hobbitmovieforum.com/viewtopic.forum?t=1335

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum