halfwise
Eldorion
Orwell
12 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

All New Who - Page 24 Empty Re: All New Who

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:02 pm

I was actually hoping for a new Doctor and a new companion.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:28 pm

{{{We have a new companion! We haven't even seen her yet and your'e wanting another one? Mad  And how anyone can wish for a new Doctor when we have Capaldi just ruling it as the Doctor is beyond my comprehension I fear Mad  }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:53 pm

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:36 pm

{{{Very short but sweet (ok not sweet dark really) from Garostudios}}}

{{{and on a similar theme really}}}

{{{And just for the hell of it because if you have some how not seen Capaldi's Doctor yet, or this speech in particular then its probably the one speech from series 9 you should hear and see, and because someone just posted it recently and the BBC keeping pulling this speech for some reason- also will completely spoil the two part Zygon episode as this is the story climax}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:01 pm

bored with Capaldi and bored with the new companion. yes. already.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:07 pm

{{{{How can you be bored with a character who has just been cast and hasn't been in an episode yet? Who we haven't met in any real sense and have next to no idea about? Seems a little prejudice to me in the true sense of the word: pre judging.
And I doubt I will ever grow bored of Capaldi's Doctor, there is so much to his performance and characterisation to savour and enjoy.}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:36 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{{{How can you be bored with a character who has just been cast and hasn't been in an episode yet? Who we haven't met in any real sense and have next to no idea about? Seems a little prejudice to me in the true sense of the word: pre judging.
And I doubt I will ever grow bored of Capaldi's Doctor, there is so much to his performance and characterisation to savour and enjoy.}}}

Nod

Thumbs Up

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:43 am

Must get around to watching Capaldi's second series. I read it was better than the first.

And I reckon Mrs Figg has been using her Tardis to check out the new companion. Very Happy

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:25 pm

Cool I did. Nod
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:29 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{{{How can you be bored with a character who has just been cast and hasn't been in an episode yet? Who we haven't met in any real sense and have next to no idea about? Seems a little prejudice to me in the true sense of the word: pre judging.
.}}}

yes I pre-judged. Very Happy don't like her from the offing. didn't like the promo vid. don't like her style or delivery. don't think I will change my mind. but you never know I could be wrong, but that isn't very likely. Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:47 pm

Couple of interesting updates from Big Finish:

-They are doing a 10th Anniversary special story for Torchwood

-They are currently negotiating with Doctor Who Magazine about possibly doing some adaptations of the various Doctor Who comic strips found therein, at a guess I'd assume this would be more likely to be 1st, 2nd, 4th and 6th Doctors (people have been clamoring for the shape-shifting penguin Frobisher to return to Big Finish  for years and he appears in lots of comics I think)

-They aren't sure yet whether there will be more War Doctor boxsets after Volume 4

-Christopher Eccleston has been approached a few times about reprising the role on audio, but has so far declined the opportunity

-Coming this December is an adaption of the Virgin New Adventure Novel 'Cold Fusion' I've not read the book (but I've read a couple(?) of Lance Parkin's other books (Father Time is easily one of my favourite Who stories...), but multi doctor stories are always interesting:

https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/cold-fusion-1232

All New Who - Page 24 Dwna011_coldfusion_1417_cover_large

A few set photos from the episode of Who currently filming, presumably set in Victorian London again (maybe another cameo from Vastra and co is likely?):

https://twitter.com/dwpageofficial/status/760145131655798785

https://twitter.com/dwpageofficial/status/760140019902377984

https://twitter.com/pearlpaldi/status/760125768869576704

https://twitter.com/llewellyn_jones/status/760142813648527360

In an outfit like that I can easily picture Capaldi's Doctor acting delightfully grumpy  strolling around London poking people with his cane Laughing

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:00 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:
.}}}

yes I pre-judged. Very Happy  don't like her from the offing. didn't like the promo vid. don't like her style or delivery. don't think I will change my mind. but you never know I could be wrong, but that isn't very likely. Laughing

You never know, Petty may not like the new companion - and I don't know where that would leave you, Mrs Figg.... Razz

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:04 am

Must get around to watching Capaldi's second series. I read it was better than the first.- Orwell

{{{Yes you should, I think you will enjoy it. For the record I enjoyed series 8 too, and kind of miss the out and out bunt Doctor of that series with none of the rough edges yet smoothed off.}}

'yes I pre-judged'- Mrs Figg

{{{So...you are going to watch a show you have already decided, without seeing any of, that you are going to hate? What on earth is the point of that?}}}

'people have been clamoring for the shape-shifting penguin Frobisher to return to Big Finish for years'- Malick

{{{ Only in relation to Doctor Who could such a sentence be possible! Very Happy

Victorian era- interesting, I had rather got the impression, though never confirmed, that Moffat was rather down wit the Paternotster Gang, so not sure if it will feature them or not. I kind of hope not, nothing against them but I more associate them with 11. But 12 goes Victorian- I am up for that- wonder if this is the Gatiss episode! }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:24 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:

'yes I pre-judged'- Mrs Figg

{{{So...you are going to watch a show you have already decided, without seeing any of, that you are going to hate? What on earth is the point of that?}}}

no I am not judging the show, obviously I cant because I haven't seen it yet, although more Victorian Britain is a bit of a yawn, but I have seen her and am judging her from what I have seen and I wasn't impressed. too much fake sarcasm and goggly-eyed fake delivery with gaping mouth, not a good look. could be wrong of course. Rolling Eyes stranger things have happened. Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:24 pm

In Forumshire stranger things always happen. cyclops

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:59 pm

although more Victorian Britain is a bit of a yawn- Figg

{{{Lets see- how many Victorian episodes in series 5? 0. OK. How many in series 6? 0 Mmmmm. OK. How many in series 7? 1! The Crimson Horror, and that was Victorian Yorkshire which we've never seen before on Who, its always been London. And the xmas special that year, The Snowmen was too so that makes 2 so far. Series 8- 1 Deep Breath. Series 9-0. OOOkaayy.

So um, 3 episodes set in Victorian era UK. And only 2 set in Victorian London. Out of so far about 70 episodes of Moffat era Who. Yeah he's really over done it there Rolling Eyes And its not like during the RTD era we weren't subjected to stories set around a housing estate in modern London every other week Mad There isnt even an argument to make when it comes to diverse settings and time periods between the two eras, Moffat era wins hands down. You just have to go do the counting. }}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:08 pm

then why do I have the impression its Victorian Britain every 5 minutes.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:24 pm

{{{{I have no idea- maybe you have told yourself it so often you think its true when its not. Shrugging (I think you do that quite a bit with Moffat era Who) But think about it, Amy and Rory have no episode set in Victorian UK, the closest we come is a single scene set there when the Doctor recruits Vastra and Jenny (and we meet them for the first time) in Good Man Goes to War. Amy and Rory were in 2 and a half series, up to series 7, halfway point, and not a single Victorian era episode. Clara is where the Victorian stuff comes in more- there are three all in her era- Snowmen, Crimson Horror and Deep Breath, spread over though two and half series. }}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:25 am

Mrs Figg wrote:then why do I have the impression its Victorian Britain every 5 minutes.

Of course, Victorian England is the best time of all - especially for spoof writing. Saucy Wink

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:17 pm

Orwell wrote:
Mrs Figg wrote:then why do I have the impression its Victorian Britain every 5 minutes.

Of course, Victorian England is the best time of all - especially for spoof writing. Saucy Wink

best bustles too Razz
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:19 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{{{I have no idea- maybe you have told yourself it so often you think its true when its not. Shrugging  (I think you do that quite a bit with Moffat era Who) }}}}

and I think you have told yourself Moffat is great so often you think its true. Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:26 pm

Just goes to show you that talking to yourself (and thinking thoughts while you're doing it) isn't all it's cracked up to be. Cool

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:35 pm

{{If you take alook at every epiosde Moffat has penned-

the Empty Child/The Doctor Dances
The Girl in the Fireplace
Blink
Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead
the eleventh hour
the beast below
the time of angels/flesh and stone
The pandorica Opens/The Big Bang
A Christmas Carol
The impossible Astronaut/Day of the moon
Lets Kill Hitler
The Wedding of River Song
The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe
Asylum of the Daleks
The Angels take Manhattan
The Snowmen
The Bells of St John
The Name of the Doctor
The Day of the Doctor
The Time of the Doctor
Deep Breath
Listen
Dark Water/Death in Heaven
Last Christmas
The Magician's Apprentice/The Witch's Familiar
Heaven Sent
Hell Bent
The Husbands of River Song

Its a pretty good resume. With a good few recognised Who classics in among them. And more interestingly, given the accusations leveled against him of repeating timey wimey stuff, the bulk of them are straight forward narratives with none or very little of that in them at all. Thats just another of those things those who dislike accuse him of because they think its true, when evidently its clearly not.
Another list worth looking at here is the female characters in those episodes given the other accusations made against him, following the above episode order here are his female characters-

Nancy.
Madame Pompadour
Sally Sparrow
River Song
Amy Pond
Liz 10 - Mandy
Abigail
Madam Vastra- Jenny- Madam Kovarian
Madge Arwell
Kate Lethbridge-Stewart
Oswin (Clara Asylum version)
Clara Oswald- Miss Kizlet
Bad Wolf Rose- Elizabeth the First
Journey Blue-Gretchen
Ms Deplhox- Saibra
Missy
Shona-Ashley-Fiona
The General (Gallifrey)

Ive left of repeated returns of female characters like River, Kate and Vastra and Jenny- but worth bearing in mind there are quite a few episodes where they feature not listed here.

I would love to know how that list demonstrates Moffats sexism! It seems to me to cover quite a broad spectrum of character types. }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:45 pm

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:26 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{If you take alook at every epiosde Moffat has penned-

the Empty Child/The Doctor Dances
The Girl in the Fireplace
Blink
Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead
the eleventh  hour
the beast below
the time of angels/flesh and stone
The pandorica Opens/The Big Bang
A Christmas Carol
The impossible Astronaut/Day of the moon
Lets Kill Hitler
The Wedding of River Song
The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe
Asylum of the Daleks
The Angels take Manhattan
The Snowmen
The Bells of St John
The Name of the Doctor
The Day of the Doctor
The Time of the Doctor
Deep Breath
Listen
Dark Water/Death in Heaven
Last Christmas
The Magician's Apprentice/The Witch's Familiar
Heaven Sent
Hell Bent
The Husbands of River Song

Its a pretty good resume. With a good few recognised Who classics in among them. And more interestingly, given the accusations leveled against him of repeating timey wimey stuff, the bulk of them are straight forward narratives with none or very little of that in them at all. Thats just another of those things those who dislike accuse him of because they think its true, when evidently its clearly not.
Another list worth looking at here is the female characters in those episodes given the other accusations made against him, following the above episode order here are his female characters-

Nancy.
Madame Pompadour
Sally Sparrow
River Song
Amy Pond
Liz 10 - Mandy
Abigail
Madam Vastra- Jenny- Madam Kovarian
Madge Arwell
Kate Lethbridge-Stewart
Oswin (Clara Asylum version)
Clara Oswald- Miss Kizlet
Bad Wolf Rose- Elizabeth the First
Journey Blue-Gretchen
Ms Deplhox- Saibra
Missy
Shona-Ashley-Fiona
The General (Gallifrey)

Ive left of repeated returns of female characters like River, Kate and Vastra and Jenny- but worth bearing in mind there are quite a few episodes where they feature not listed here.

I would love to know how that list demonstrates Moffats sexism! It seems to me to cover quite a broad spectrum of character types. }}}

who mentioned sexism? scratch  its at least six months since I mentioned sexism. Very Happy mind you most of those females are cliché S&M dominatrix types. or is that M&Ms? Razz
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum