Eldorion
Orwell
12 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

All New Who - Page 23 Empty Re: All New Who

Post by malickfan Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:40 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/can-matt-smith-first-doctor-8382104

-The mirror has obviously misinterpreted Smurf's words, i.e I think he's implying that Smith wants to return for a multi doctor story sooner rather than later, and I wouldn't be surprised if this happens during S10...

Also

Potentially Very Big Spoilers for Series 10:

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:22 pm

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/doctor-who-doom-coalition-3-coming-soon

All New Who - Page 23 Dw8ddc03_slipcase_1417sq_cover_large

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:27 pm

{{{Need to keep an eye, or rather an ear, out for that Nod }}}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:41 pm

{{{Found series 8 and 9 episodes on youtube- so heres a series 8 selection- its slowed down so go into settings on youtube and change the speed from normal to x1.25- if you dont where the setting s are (Figg basically) its the symbol that looks like a cog that comes up at the bottom of the video when you hover your pointer over it, near where the full screen icon is }}}

{{Ive tried to pick episodes that are largely stand alone or require minimum set up to explain.

1. The Caretaker- Who does romantic comedy. Clara has been dating fellow teacher Danny, and the doctor is about to meet him for the first time.}}}

{{{2. Mummy on the Orient Express- Clara and the Doctor have a big fight, Clara is finding it hard to cope with the 12th incarntion of the Doctor goes about things, and so with her set on leaving they embark on a last farewell trip together before they go their separate ways}}}

{{3. Flatline- dont need to know anything for this one I dont think}}}

{{They are in chronological order but you can watch them in any order really or just watch one or two of them, up to you. But if you dont normally watch and fancy dipping a toe in the contentious world of Who (and brilliant, fun, imaginative world of Who) any of these i a fun start place. }}

{{Series 9 episodes- lot of two parters here so had to pick two parters!)

{{{Magicians Apprentice/Witches Familar- series 9 opener}}}

{{{{The Zygon Invasion/The Zygon Inversion}}

{{{Three part finale- can be watched on its own without the preceding episodes, you'll be able to follow along the main story no problem, just some of the smaller details and tie ups will pass you by.

Face the Raven-Heaven Sent- Hell Bent}}

{{{Enjoy a pile of good Who treats!!!  Nod }}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:30 pm

{{{Nicely themed fan vid on the Doctor's darker side}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:21 am

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/doctor-who/42147/doctor-who-series-11-matt-strevens-to-executive-produce-with-chris-chibnall

All New Who - Page 23 L8Psvb3

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:40 pm

{{{{Mmmm wonder if its just to split the workload. And will they joint write episodes like xmas specials, series openers and finales? Or take it turn about.
Still concerned about much earlier rumours that Chibnall was taking it more in a 'Marvel' direction. Strevens did Misfits (teens with super powers series) desperately hoping there is no connection here. }}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:48 pm

I remember reading Chibnall (I wonder how long it will be before the 'fans' resort to calling him Chin-balls?) was thinking about employing a US style writers room (i.e a group of regular writers each series who plan out the arcs and draft episodes all together, with one or two doing the final draft per episode) not sure it would work in a UK show, but it relieves pressure on the showrunner, Stevens also co-produced An Adventure in Time And Space so he has some experience with Who.

(I wouldn't write off Misfits, I've heard good things about it, particularly the character writing, That Other Guy had lots of experience with genre writing before he got the gig and that worked out OK, so let's hope for the best)

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:11 pm

{{{ Oh its not the writing standard that worries me, by all accounts Misfits was well written- its more the possible direction they might be going in- the thought of a marvel style 'teen' series version of Doctor Who is for me, horrific.

As to his nickname- will depend on how things go if he gets a friendly or unfriendly one (our current showrunner got both- his full surname said with raised fist for his detractors, and his his surname shortened to the first four letters with 'The' in front of it for respect!) }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:23 pm

{{Nice little vid on the theme of regeneration}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:26 pm

{{{For those who know thier Who theme well they may have noticed that modern iterations of the theme no longer include the middle eight- which its the bit that makes it Mad Anyhow for some time a bunch of fans have been trying to get them to put it back in, and it seems they may have a rather influential friend to help them-}}}

{{{Talking Capaldi, tribute vid to his era so far}}

{{And to round things off a trailer from one of my favourites episodes from the 1st Doctor, for Who's probably first weird episode (also I happen to love the solution and the problem, but I wont spoil it, but I'd bet a buckie if you watch it you will never guess it before the end reveal. So heres the trailer for Edge of Destruction-}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:36 pm

This is out next week, interesting blend betweeen old and new who, really intrigued to hear how Weeping Angles will work on Audio...and an full length 8th Doctor Time War story, Only took 11 years...

https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/classic-doctors-new-monsters-volume-01-1315?range=113

All New Who - Page 23 13614934_1308588132503699_1860260020581268557_n

All New Who - Page 23 13627169_1312822662080246_3974693085934325254_n

All New Who - Page 23 13697192_1318746968154482_1273138670428979924_n

All New Who - Page 23 13769463_1320234938005685_8399926327080866238_n

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:52 pm

John Barrowman is apparently in talks to bring Torchwood back to TV:

http://zap2it.com/2016/07/john-barrowman-talks-bring-torchwood-back-to-tv/

“Torchwood,” the “Doctor Who” spinoff series that aired from 2006 to 2011 on various BBC stations and Starz, may be soon coming back to television, Whovians.

Speaking with Comic-Con HQ Friday (July 22), star John Barrowman said that he’s currently working very hard to bring “Torchwood” back to TV.

“I have a phone conversation on Monday to see how we can get it back on television,” says Barrowman, adding that he is not joking around. “The fans know me well enough, I’m only going to say it if I mean it and believe it.”

Barrowman had previously hinted at “Torchwood’s” possible return to TV, but it was in much vaguer terms than his Comic-Con comments. At the 2015 winter TCA press tour, he told TV critics that they were hopeful about the BBC radio plays (These were actually the Big Finish plays, he got confused apparently) leading to a new TV project.

“I do know that we’re doing three or four radio plays for the BBC for ‘Torchwood,'” said Barrowman at the time. “My sister and I are discussing the possibility of writing one of them and whether or not that leads to something [on TV] … I’m full-time with ‘Arrow’ now. It’s not a question of me not wanting to do it, it’s a question of the BBC wanting to do it or others wanting to do ‘Torchwood.’ I know the fans are out there, so I think they’d be silly not to. [The ‘Arrow’ producers have] always said, ‘If you need to go and do a special, we’ll let you go do it.'”

At Comic-Con, Barrowman says that this bombshell probably has the people at Titan Comics “crapping their pants,” but they should actually be excited because fans need to show their support by buying the new “Torchwood” comic.

“If you really believe in ‘Torchwood,’ get the comic. Get this series going, it’s like a Kickstarter. If you buy the comic, you’ll show your support … we need Captain Jack back on the screens,” he says.

The new comic, written by Barrowman and his sister, Carole E. Barrowman, is available at Titan’s booth # 5537 and the Barrowman siblings will be part of the “Torchwood” panel on Saturday, July 23 at 3:30 p.m. PT in room 5AB to promote the comic — and hopefully tease some more about this possible TV revival.

But for now, Barrowman offers a small teaser about the new comic to Comic-Con HQ and its audience: “We introduce you to the new characters who are aboard the Ice Maiden, where Captain Jack has been keeping all the destroyed parts of Torchwood from around the world.”

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:54 pm

cheers brilliant. bounce cheers

just don't bring back Janto Jones. Suspect he was the most wooden actor in history.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:41 pm

{{{{Weeping Angels in audio- that will be, um, challenging! And why is there a Sontaran one if the idea is classic Doctors versus new monsters?- Sontarans ain't new they first appeared at the start of the 4th Doctor's run and made many reappearances afterwards Mad }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:54 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{{{Weeping Angels in audio- that will be, um, challenging! And why is there a Sontaran one if the idea is classic Doctors versus new monsters?- Sontarans ain't new they first appeared at the start of the 4th Doctor's run and made many reappearances afterwards Mad  }}}

The Sontarans are specified in Vortex to be a 'new breed' made especially for the Time War so they are differentiated as New Who Sontarans rather than Classic ones as the two operate and sound quite different (the Sontarans are making an appearance in the next War Doctor set as well, so this could tie in with that...):

https://www.bigfinish.com/vortex/v/89

I'm just excited to get a proper 8th Doctor time war story (McGann appeared in one The Diary Of River Song audios in his Night Of The Doctor costume, but that wasn't really a time war story)...

As for Weeping Angels on audio, yes that is bit of a  scratch

One crossover I do want to hear is The War Doctor vs The Slithveen John Hurt acting against slimy fart monsters it can't not be great Laughing Nod

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:03 pm

{{I'm guessing with 8 this is one of those times were 'I help where I can' but without actually fighting in it yet happens.

Re Sontarans that seems a bit flimsy- they dont sound hugely different, Starkey does pretty good versions of the classic Sontarans and his modern version is only a variation on it- its not as different as Ice Warriors or Zygons sound and they dont count as New Who monsters.
Interesting to hear that one though- my understanding is that despite wanting to the SOntarans weren't allowed to fight in the Time War, but they did lose their entire planet to it early on in the war- wonder if it about setting that event up for the War Doctor story to complete?

Did you listen to the 8th Doctor River one? I haven't yet, but if you have curious to know how they do it with either one knowing who the other is (as it would screw up the established timeline if they did) }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:14 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{I'm guessing with 8 this is one of those times were 'I help where I can' but without actually fighting in it yet happens.

Re Sontarans that seems a bit flimsy- they dont sound hugely different, Starkey does pretty good versions of the classic Sontarans and his modern version is only a variation on it- its not as different as Ice Warriors or Zygons sound and they dont count as New Who monsters.
Interesting to hear that one though- my understanding is that despite wanting to the SOntarans weren't allowed to fight in the Time War, but they did lose their entire planet to it early on in the war- wonder if it about setting that event up for the War Doctor story to complete?

I do see where you are coming from and I was a tad dissapointed they did a cheat with the 8 episode, but I wonder if this is a hint at the future direction of 8's time war stuff-universe building that can be expanded upon in Hurt's audios? A new breed of Sontarans especially for the time war would probably have slightly different motivations etc as well...

(Btw I believe B.F mentioned ages ago when the set was first announced they were considering  bringing back Josette Simon (the cover actress above) as a yet another possible future companion for McGann...)

Did you listen to the 8th Doctor River one? I haven't yet, but if you have curious to know how they do it with either one knowing who the other is (as it would screw up the established timeline if they did) }}

I have listened to it, but only the once when it was first released (I really enjoyed the whole set), from memory they
Spoiler:
, with 8 he could just suffer yet another bout of amnesia if they want to write around it again...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:08 pm

{{{Who is currently filming episode 2 of series 10, in sunny Spain.

All New Who - Page 23 Peter-Capaldi-and-Pearl-Mackie_S10_Valencia_zps2yssjhkl

All New Who - Page 23 Capture_zpsw17frrcm

All New Who - Page 23 Capture2_zpseh0gafdt

And SirMoff (you know he will be one day) on leaving Who, and Matt Smith's feelings on SiirMoff leaving Who-}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:22 am

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:01 pm

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:52 pm

Apparently in the latest issue of Doctor Who magazine Moffat commented

"I have no reason to suppose that I'm writing out a Doctor! Peter is loving the role, and long may he do so."

I don't read the Magazine, so I have no way of verifying that, hopefully it's true, said it before, but I'll say it again 7 series of Capaldi is completely fine i.m.o...

(I'd assume that Capaldi would have at least hinted to Moffat whether he was staying or going before S10 started filming, The BBC had asked Capaldi to stay on, and Chibnall has worked with Capaldi before I think)

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:25 pm

{{If accurate then cheers cheers cheers cheers Cheerleader Cheerleader pub }}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:39 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{If accurate then  cheers cheers cheers cheers Cheerleader Cheerleader pub  }}}}

Yeah, it's accurate:

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/moffat-doesnt-think-hell-be-writing-capaldis-regeneration-80876.htm

Steven Moffat has said he believes he will not be writing the Twelfth Doctor’s exit when he departs as Doctor Who showrunner with the 2017 Christmas special.

Speaking in the latest Doctor Who Magazine (#502) Moffat says: “I have no reason to suppose that I’m writing out a Doctor! Peter is loving the role, and long may he do so.”

This does align with previous Capaldi comments stating he had been invited to stay on for Chris Chibnall’s Series 11, although Capaldi did also say he had not made his mind up back then.

Moffat further talks about how he thinks he’ll approach his final episode and whether they’ll be a ‘victory lap’ like with Russell T Davies’ and ‘The End of Time’: “The departure of a showrunner doesn’t mean anything to the audience. Most of the audience doesn’t know that I exist, so they’d go blank if I attempted to wave goodbye to them. Oh, the embarrassment that would be. So I’m damned if I’m imposing my departure on the show. I just want to do a good one, before I hand over to Chris [Chibnall].”

Capaldi won't have to make his mind up for a few more months, I'm not going to get my hopes up just yet, but it's certainly looking more and more likely he'll be staying cheers cheers cheers bounce  bounce  bounce Cheerleader Cheerleader pub

I can see him doing 3 more series, or 2+Specials and stepping down at Xmas 2020, 7 years in total, the same as Baker...

(On the other hand I wouldn't put it past Moffat to be completely lying so he can troll/surprise us with a shock regeneration Suspect )

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:36 pm

{{Thought this was fun}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum