huffjuff
azriel
Bluebottle
Forest Shepherd
bungobaggins
21 posters

Page 26 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [5] - Page 26 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [5]

Post by halfwise Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:26 am

A healthy diet actually isn't all that bad. The trick is to go out and buy a load of vegetables, then you realize "bloody hell, I have to eat all this lot or else it'll rot". Then you keep going back and do it again. If you put enough roast or browning on things to develop some umani it's really not so bad.

Or just go kill yourself now.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [5] - Page 26 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [5]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:27 am

Or just go kill yourself now.- Halfy

{{ Shocked Thats a bit harsh! Its bad enough having to eat veggies! (My ex is making up an Italian menu for me so might not be so bad, her food was always amazing though how it'll turn out in the hands of someone who can screw up boiling an egg is yet to be seen!)}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:47 am

Well if your ex is on your side you have some hope. Though Italians are all about seasonality, which complicates things. Grab whatever you can find and get it brown with some tasty oil or butter, and then salt it appropriately; all else is lace and gingham.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:11 pm

Shocked fruit and veg? a Scotshobbit?

the good news is Dave's cranberry juice is good for ulcers. maybe try fish boiled in milk like real hospital food Pokey Tongue its probably taken a while to get this bad so it will take time to heal your tum. its also a good time to give up bad habits and look after yourself.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:21 pm

An air fryer might be a good idea to cut down on the deep fried foods.

You can even make Air fried mars bars
Laughing

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:35 pm

{{ Not sure about making it with pastry No And it'd lose that extra spark of flavour you get from it being fried in the same fat thats been cooking everything else for a few hours. Lord, I'm going to hate this healthy eating lark! Evil or Very Mad Do deep fried veggies still count as one of my five a day?! (Im counting buckie as one, it has grapes in it somewhere, it must do its technically a wine! )}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:12 pm

Suspect  nope to all of that. NO frying anything.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:39 pm

Every time I get my tummy bugs under control, I wander past a box of cream filled chocolate frosted snack cakes (why do they make them so cheap?!) and then it's another couple weeks until my system settles down and even longer before the cravings subside. Banghead

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:11 pm

a box of cream filled chocolate frosted snack cakes - Halfy

{{ you're not helping with my healthy eating with talk like that Halfy! }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:34 pm

I'm getting better. The key (as I said above but can't emphasize it enough) is to buy large enough batches of fruits and vegetables that you know they'll spoil if you aren't diligent about eating them. Guilt and stinginess are powerful tools. Decreases the nutritive value somewhat to have them sitting and waiting for you, but you don't get the nutrition if you ain't eating them in the first place.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:52 pm

I cant be bothered with eating all that fruit, I see it in the shops and it looks inviting but it just goes mouldy because I never get round to eating it. I use a multivitamin with all that stuff in them. and its an organic gummy so I get a taste of fruit. cherry
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:59 pm

I'm not good at eating fruit either, and I don't really know why. It may be that the peak flavor doesn't last in the fridge, so I don't get excited about it.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:01 pm

The cultural fascists are now 're-writing' P G Wodehouse. get your old editions now before its gone forever.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:09 pm

Good lord, he's as inoffensive as Winnie-the-Pooh.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:09 pm

{{ I'd much prefer just disclaimers and if need be footnotes do give historical context for a modern reader, not censorship.

Strangely enough the story they are altering, which features a band of black and white minstrels was one of the ones adapted for Tv in the otherwise very good Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie adaptations, and it managed some 50 or more years after the book was written to be MORE racist.
Here's something you won't find in the book version of this story, Wooster (Hugh Laurie) in blackface! }}

Things that are making you crabbit! [5] - Page 26 Capture

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:59 pm

Laughing well dodgy.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:04 pm

{{ Yeah and they really dont have an excuse, this was in the early 90's and they cant even fall back on they were just adapting the book, it doesnt happen in the book. So really who knows what they were thinking here. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:33 am

Dammit, Netflix will stop their CD service in September. All the good stuff is on CD. Banghead

If they'd scan their CD library and put on streaming I'd forgive them, but this is going to be such a loss.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:11 pm

{{ Netflix do CD's? I didnt even know. I didnt think anyone still did CD's these days.}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:52 pm

The streaming and CD service are SO different.  The CDs have films going back decades, plus classics, etc. Try finding that on any streaming service.  Remember that Netflix drove video stores out of business by having nearly everything available without having to leave home.  There's no other archive like it anywhere, and they are forcing us to kiss it goodbye.

From my current queue, which sadly I may now never get through:

Topkapi
Knives out
School of Rock
Salt
Rio Bravo
Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
Spectre
The Tailor of Panama
Babette's feast
Arsenic and Old Lace

(last two are things I recently watched) Plus I'm rewatching Game of Thrones.  Only about 1/3 of those you'll find on streaming, anywhere.  This is going to be a huge cultural loss.  I suppose those who didn't realize netflix had DVD (perhaps it's only available in America?)  don't even know what a treasure trove is about to be taken away forever.  Plus most shows that usually are exclusively streaming on some services (like Game of Thrones or Killing Eve) usually show up on netflix DVD a year or so later.  It was a source for nearly everything until Disney bought up half of everything and then snatched the rights back.

For me there's almost no point in owning a TV anymore.  I've gotta binge everything before the end of September.  And you don't get "extras" in streaming format.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:26 pm

{{ Did a little brief digging, seems the service was available in the UK when Netflix started, but they scrapped it here a decade ago. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:46 pm

A prophetic article from 2 years ago.  Already predicting that the greatest video archive the world has ever seen would soon disappear forever.  To me it's incomprehensible that people would so much prefer the convenience of streaming that they'd drop subscription to such a vast DVD library, but that's what happened.  I'm surrounded by idiots. Banghead

https://www.pastemagazine.com/movies/netflix/netflix-dvd-service-plan-subscribers-discontinued-closing

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:52 pm

Got Spring fatigue bad, just wanna sleep all the time. Sleep
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon May 15, 2023 9:17 am

{{ My Facebook got hacked and hijacked Mad so anyone on here who has me on Facebook, just delete me and ignore any messages. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon May 15, 2023 10:30 am

Except for old friends finding you, losing facebook is no loss. Absolutely corrupt platform.

I lost instagram to hacking a decade ago, barely used it but miss it more than facebook because many businesses post on there and nowhere else.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next