huffjuff
azriel
Bluebottle
Forest Shepherd
bungobaggins
21 posters

Page 14 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next

Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [5] - Page 14 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [5]

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:04 pm

malickfan wrote:Well I've barely slept for the last four days and have an annoying cold (my first in aaages), so there's that, cold's suck  Evil or Very Mad

(though the lack of sleep is at least partly due for a positive reason-I've finally worked up the courage/motivation to start (or at least attempt to) dealing with some serious issues in my personal life I've been pushing aside for much longer than I should have, kinda nervous/anxious about where it might be leading and it's been very hard to break out of this cycle (but I am already happier now I've started-I only hope I can continue to improve), but it can only be an improvement on my current state of mind, at the very least it's nice to be kept awake by more positive thoughts for a change...sorry to vent with such a random/possibly illogical post, but I'm in a weird mood due to lack of sleep/over thinking... scratch  )

Change is always scary at first, but anything is better than being stuck in a negative cycle. good for you for doing something positive. Thumbs Up
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [5] - Page 14 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [5]

Post by Eldorion Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:30 pm

I missed Malick's post when he made it, but I'll second what Mrs Figg said and offer my best wishes and hope that you continue to feel happier about your situation and that everything works out as well as it can. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:05 am

David H wrote:
Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{ boiling water, honey and whisky (heavy on the whisky!) Nod   )}}}

Almost worth getting sick for! To my mind it's best if the honey is  dark and thick with a bit of wax left , and the whiskey comes from a quart canning jar. Thumbs Up
{{{Wish I could afford a good smokey whisky without the e, but you guys aren't very generous with the good stuff, even for medicinal purposes. Mad }}}

Also mulled wine, Malick Nod

Miss whisky sometimes, a nice smokey Islay, a Talisker or a Springbank, but in this country just to expensive to contemplate Neutral

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:07 pm

one thing that is making me crabbit is that there is a bunch of shit that won't ship to Norway because of not wanting to be part of EU or some shit... right now i am starting into a new hobby, which i will tell you about once i actually get started. I only lack one fucking thing which only can be bought in japan or on amazon and of course, it says "does not ship to Norway".. what is this product? oh i'll tell you:

mr super clear matte/flat sealant (here's a link)

the glossy one does, the flat or matte one does not and i need the matte one....

i am angry and frustrated.. because i have everything els that i need.

edit: found this for UK people, but it's out of stock and i can't figure out if it ships to the arctic..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:24 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:
malickfan wrote:Well I've barely slept for the last four days and have an annoying cold (my first in aaages), so there's that, cold's suck  Evil or Very Mad

(though the lack of sleep is at least partly due for a positive reason-I've finally worked up the courage/motivation to start (or at least attempt to) dealing with some serious issues in my personal life I've been pushing aside for much longer than I should have, kinda nervous/anxious about where it might be leading and it's been very hard to break out of this cycle (but I am already happier now I've started-I only hope I can continue to improve), but it can only be an improvement on my current state of mind, at the very least it's nice to be kept awake by more positive thoughts for a change...sorry to vent with such a random/possibly illogical post, but I'm in a weird mood due to lack of sleep/over thinking... scratch  )

Change is always scary at first, but anything is better than being stuck in a negative cycle. good for you for doing something positive. Thumbs Up

Hey Figgsy, I completely missed that you had replied to that post, a overdue thank you for your kind words Smile

I have been talking through these issues with several people (Eldo included actually, I didn't notice he had replied to this either-he has been giving me some good advice) I'd rather keep exactly what is going on private (no offense, it's just very difficult to talk about and not something I feel comfortable discussing on a public forum), but it really means a lot that you noticed my random comment.

I've certainly made several positive steps for the better since I made that post, but there' still a long way to go...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:08 pm

Can't you substitute something else? Surely there's more than one clear sealant/UV protectant in the world that will do the same thing, though perhaps it won't come in a spray can. If this is a new hobby, find someone in norway to consult with.

Norc wrote:one thing that is making me crabbit is that there is a bunch of shit that won't ship to Norway because of not wanting to be part of EU or some shit... right now i am starting into a new hobby, which i will tell you about once i actually get started. I only lack one fucking thing which only can be bought in japan or on amazon and of course, it says "does not ship to Norway".. what is this product? oh i'll tell you:

mr super clear matte/flat sealant (here's a link)

the glossy one does, the flat or matte one does not and i need the matte one....

i am angry and frustrated.. because i have everything els that i need.

edit: found this for UK people, but it's out of stock and i can't figure out if it ships to the arctic..

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:35 pm

I see that product is on Ebay Norc

Things that are making you crabbit! [5] - Page 14 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Things that are making you crabbit! [5] - Page 14 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:05 pm

Norc wrote:one thing that is making me crabbit is that there is a bunch of shit that won't ship to Norway because of not wanting to be part of EU or some shit

Clearly the answer is a Norwentrance. Nod
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:40 pm

Can't believe I'm 26 in just 51 days, the years have gone by so quickly, I still feel like I'm a teenager mentally most of the time.

Shocked No

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:13 pm

azriel wrote:I see that product is on Ebay Norc

yes, but they won't ship it here..

edit: nope, i found one! Very Happy and bought one!... a littlebit expensive start, but woop woop! i'll tell you later and make a thread and stuff Very Happy

Last edited by Norc on Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:19 pm

malickfan wrote:Can't believe I'm 26 in just 51 days, the years have gone by so quickly, I still feel like I'm a teenager mentally most of the time.

Shocked No

I know what you mean, I have the emotional age of at least 13 on a good day. Laughing  a very good day.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:28 pm

malickfan wrote:Can't believe I'm 26 in just 51 days, the years have gone by so quickly, I still feel like I'm a teenager mentally most of the time.

Shocked No
I feel the opposite, that the years have gone by slowly. So much stuff has happened!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:33 pm

can't believe i am 23... it's like ut just happened a couple of days ago ..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:32 am

Rolling Eyes

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:43 am

I think Petty put it best years ago. Inside every old person is a befuddled teenager going "what F@$! happened?!"

I wish I could say I feel older and wiser. But it's more like you're just lugging around a bigger catalogue of mistakes. You look over at a younger person and think "yeah, that didn't work so well when I did it either."

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:11 pm

Laughing Laughing

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:15 pm

Norc wrote:

edit: nope, i found one! Very Happy and bought one!... a littlebit expensive start, but woop woop! i'll tell you later and make a thread and stuff Very Happy

In my daft head I had the idea of maybe getting it for you & sending it on but, then I remembered our laws on sending solvents, glue, fizzy drinks, an elephants ear in a bun & realized the post office would probably say nah !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:44 pm

halfwise wrote:I think Petty put it best years ago.  Inside every old person is a befuddled teenager going "what F@$! happened?!"

I wish I could say I feel older and wiser.  But it's more like you're just lugging around a bigger catalogue of mistakes.  You look over at a younger person and think "yeah, that didn't work so well when I did it either."

Laughing

He's always had a certain crabbit talent with words.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:22 pm

azriel wrote:
Norc wrote:

In my daft head I had the idea of maybe getting it for you & sending it on but, then I remembered our laws on sending solvents, glue, fizzy drinks, an elephants ear in a bun & realized the post office would probably say nah !

it was a nice thought Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:36 pm

The post office would only say nah if you told them. but then, those regs are probably there for a reason.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:54 pm

it is sent by boat from japan or something... because it is dangerous to put on a plane. estimated time 8-11 weeks. there goes my dream about doing my hobby this cristmas..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:20 pm

Surely you can find a reasonable substitute.  Is anyone else doing this hobby in your part of the world?  They'll know. Or perhaps easier, take that description of the paint to a good craft store. Somebody there will know what to use that does the same thing. I refuse to believe there's only one source for a type of spray paint. You may have to brush it on, but hey.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:23 pm

no there is not just one, but Mr Super Clear is the best one. u also forget i am from a small country, i have no idea .
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:36 pm

But say you know to a certain degree what it is and you go to a paint store and ask? Maybe they can help you out with the equivalent. Shrugging

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eru Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:04 am

Thish (hic) thread hash been bleshed by Eru. drunken

God

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next