Amarië
Bluebottle
Nagual
15 posters

Page 6 of 33 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 33  Next

Go down

Doctor Who [12] - Page 6 Empty Re: Doctor Who [12]

Post by Amarië Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:16 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:First  link on the list worked for me (ad blocks ect recommended as usual)-

http://watchseries.lt/serie/doctor_who

Direct link (seems to work)

http://www.vodu.ch/file/d5b8b07b4d5ebf92290a1a56c9773b94/?play_hash=1b5ea94a95f9c0d67752c134fbf4c837&confirm=Continue+to+Play+Movie#

Excellent! Doctor Who [12] - Page 6 Gnihen10

I think I can get this done before bedtime...

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:16 pm

Ha ha, wait till you have kids ! scheesh ! I got a bollocking from one daughter accusing me of favouring my 2nd daughter because I answered a couple of posts my 2nd daughter put on FaceBook & had NOT remarked on 1st daughters posts ! Fooking pathetic !! If they were 8 & 9yrs old, ok but, they are in their 30's FFS !

Doctor Who [12] - Page 6 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Doctor Who [12] - Page 6 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:17 pm

Like the little emoticon Amarië, can we keep it ??

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Nagual Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:18 pm

The last episode was at best average. The Doctor was fine, all the performances were fine too. But that's it. It was okay. Nothing special. A blind and deaf man should have saw the ending half a mile away, however.
Nagual
Nagual
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:24 pm

Amarië wrote:
Pettytyrant101 wrote:First  link on the list worked for me (ad blocks ect recommended as usual)-

http://watchseries.lt/serie/doctor_who

Direct link (seems to work)

http://www.vodu.ch/file/d5b8b07b4d5ebf92290a1a56c9773b94/?play_hash=1b5ea94a95f9c0d67752c134fbf4c837&confirm=Continue+to+Play+Movie#

Excellent! Doctor Who [12] - Page 6 Gnihen10

I think I can get this done before bedtime...

Um, no such luck. Viewing postponed until daughter has won some mermaid or whatever on a game. Suspect

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:29 pm

I hope she doesn't end up catching a Kelpie! affraid

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:39 pm

It was okay. Nothing special.- Nagual

Given you tend to switch off at the merest hint of anything political going on thats probably quiet solid praise from you!

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:46 pm

Might be worse for the kelpie (or Nøkken as we say)... She has them in a sea world like arena and make them do tricks and jumps to gain point, then when they've done good they are replaced with something cooler.

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:50 pm

Sounds even worse than for those theme park whales Mad

That speech but in much better quality (last night struggled to find a ropey version- now I've a choice of cuts!- and encouraging to see so many positive comments too)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:16 pm

The Doctors speech is the equivalent of the Misty Mountain song in TH trilogy. It seems good in comparison with the surrounding boring nonsense. No

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:09 pm

Interesting start. After third listening I am still convinced slithering cape dude says "we bring ham".  Thumbs Up  Liking Missy and Clara so far. (Bet you didn't see that comin' now did ya?) Lol-ed at the shade. I paused at the tank and my first eye roll
Spoiler:
Will continue tomorrow. I have had two days home sick, and am finally feeling nearly human again. Best to not ruin it by not getting enough sleep.

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:27 pm

I am still convinced slithering cape dude says "we bring ham".- Amarie

I still think it sounds like that but the subtitles assure me its harm!

At least Capaldi can actually play- and I quite like getting to see the Doctor playing- we have heard for ages how he has played in bands and with classical composers, we even saw 11 doing some rapping in a studio (and 2 of course played recorder, not sure if 7 playing the spoons counts) so its good to see 12 is letting his musical side out a bit again.

Missy and Clara were a popular double act. I think Gomez just plays Missy with so much zest and joy its infectious.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:22 pm

scabies is infectious too. Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:56 am

Well hello again Doctor Who thread. I haven't visited here for many pages indeed. 
Always on the cutting edge, I've just seen episodes 3 and 4, and here is my review of episodes 1 and 2:

Overall I enjoyed the first two-parter: a good start for the season!

Things I liked:

Missy was all over the place dramatically. This frenetic characterization of her is a bit unsettling which, even if it is the point, is not something that I enjoy very much in Doctor Who.

That's all I can remember right now, so here's my thoughts on Under the Lake and Before the Flood

I didn't like them very much! 
The stories are rather dark, and rather dreary, and the twisty-mystery (Are these ghosts?? How can there be ghosts?!) of the first half did not pay off well at all. The ghosts were most of what the episode had going for it. The acting of the deaf-woman with her signing was quite good I thought, but the abashedly fan-girling character was quite poorly executed. Neither the Doctor's nor Clara's characters are developed much in these episodes beyond a brief mention of Clara's recent grief. 

And so the whole crux of the plot came down to the mystery of how and why these "ghosts" were functioning. And the reveal wasn't even made a big deal of! By the time we get around to the Doctor and the evil-bug-alien dude are going at it back and forth the whole question of the ghosts is no longer interestingly relevant. Somewhere along the way their "electromagnetic frequency" explanation is dropped but it doesn't mean much nor it is interesting because by that point this big bad evil guy has shown up and taken all of our attention. This seems to invalidate the first episode. I don't think this two-parter should have been a two-parter at all, it only has enough meaningful plot development for one episode. I think this is especially apparent in the fact that the only real themes being presented here are:
1. A weak-version of that Bootstrap Paradox. 
2. Acceptance of passing and how clinging on to life simply for the sake of life is in itself worthless (or even and inherently selfishly evil act in this case).

These themes were both presented within the context of this stupid "Cabin in the Woods" style plot, in which characters are killed off one at a time in predictable and pointless ways. Consider: the only damn reason that the crew did not leave when they could (and when only two of their number would have died) was because they wanted to find out what the ghosts were!!!! And what were they? Who the fuck cares!
So we have multiple characters dead for no reason. No self-sacrifice in the name of science, or duty, just stupid pointless death that robbed one person of a potential lifetime of happiness (I suppose she was kind of lame so perhaps it wouldn't have worked out.)

Things that made me crabbit:
-That frickin' alien with the hamster face! I loathed the similar member of that species entirely in the Hotel-room Horror episode with Matt Smith. And this one was even worse!

-The ghosts being nasty-eyed and ominous. This was never explained (why the gaping eye-sockets into the empty blackened heads??) and served no purpose beyond spooking up the episode. I also didn't like it. The recently dead returning as malevolent and silent versions of themselves is common enough in Doctor Who (Waters of Mars, etc.) but this episode rubbed me the wrong way entirely. 

-The bad acting of the fan-girl. 

-Only black one character in the episode, and he dies like 2 minutes in. Talk about cliches... Mad

-And whatever else I'm forgetting.

Things I liked:

-There was some funny dialogue. Really here and there Capaldi's acting was quite good!

-The Sign Language character was fun to watch. However, it felt awfully preachy watching it because I could hear Petty in my head, "Well look at this! According to the Moffat Weekly he has single-handedly stopped Deaf-person discrimination all across the globe with this one character!"
(You see Petty, when you take such a strong stance in defense of a certain individual, opposing thoughts creep into the minds of all those who are familiar with your opinions. There would be more appreciation of Moffat if I was not aware of your and Figgs arguments.)

-The Bootstrap Paradox really is an interesting Doctor Who sort of theme to explore, so I liked that it appeared in this episode. However, I couldn't help but feel that it could have fit far better in a different episode. One less focused on the silly idea of ghosts in this base and so on.

-Whatever else I forgot.

Wink

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:16 pm

I don't like Oods much, but it's been ages since we saw one, right?- Forest

Spoiler:

Glad you are watching though Forest.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:40 pm

Im watching Dr Who, its just, I dont have anything to say at this juncture. Neutral Im more into reading than oralating Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:26 pm

Personal opinion doesn't count for much in this thread. Its always wrong unless its pro-Moffat, and then its allowed. Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:49 pm

Personal opinion doesn't count for much in this thread- Mrs Figg

Only when the debate at hand is about facts. When its not, it doesn't count for much, it counts for nothing.

When it comes down to liking an episode or not or a character opinion still has to be justified with reasons and analysis. Otherwise its not a debate its a statement.

I, unlike you am quite happy to say when I think RTD did good, you just cant give Moffat any credit at all it seems, even when he is doing good things like increasing the amount of women working on the show at many levels you can still only make a joke of it rather than actually admitting Moffat is doing his bit and more for that particularly cause in his workplace.

if I were to recommend some episodes for folks to watch Midnight would be somewhere near the top, not just RTD era, but RTD penned. And not perfect, of course, but damn good Who all the same, and a damn fine bit of confined story telling with a small persistent cast of characters. Probably RTD's single best personal episode I'd say. And that is of course opinion.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Nagual Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:18 pm

azriel wrote:Im watching Dr Who, its just, I dont have anything to say at this juncture. Neutral  Im more into reading than oralating Very Happy

Don't type on the keyboard with your tongue. It's dirty and you don't know where it's been.
Nagual
Nagual
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nagual Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:19 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:stuff

Wrong.
Nagual
Nagual
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:20 pm

Yes but you always say that. About the entire universe in fact.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:21 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Personal opinion doesn't count for much in this thread- Mrs Figg

Only when the debate at hand is about facts. When its not, it doesn't count for much, it counts for nothing.

When it comes down to liking an episode or not or a character opinion still has to be justified with reasons and analysis. Otherwise its not a debate its a statement.

I, unlike you am quite happy to say when I think RTD did good, you just cant give Moffat any credit at all it seems, even when he is doing good things like increasing the amount of women working on the show at many levels you can still only make a joke of it rather than actually admitting Moffat is doing his bit and more for that particularly cause in his workplace.

if I were to recommend some episodes for folks to watch Midnight would be somewhere near the top, not just RTD era, but RTD penned. And not perfect, of course, but damn good Who all the same, and a damn fine bit of confined story telling with a small persistent cast of characters. Probably RTD's single best personal episode I'd say. And that is of course opinion.

So basically you are saying that only you have the 'facts' and you decide what the 'facts' are, you decide that another persons opinions are not 'fact' and you arbitrate on what is correct opinion and what is wrong. Goodbye democracy, hello Stalinist Moffat republic. pale
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:22 pm

Nagual wrote:
azriel wrote:Im watching Dr Who, its just, I dont have anything to say at this juncture. Neutral  Im more into reading than oralating Very Happy

Don't type on the keyboard with your tongue. It's dirty and you don't know where it's been.

Laughing Laughing

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:23 pm

So basically you are saying that only you have the 'facts' and you decide what the 'facts' are- Figg

No I was referring to the recent debate around facts- Ai numbers ect where opinion, mine or yours is irrelevant- they are facts.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Nagual Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:30 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:
Pettytyrant101 wrote:Stuff

Stuff.