Watching LOTR for the first time in four years

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

Watching LOTR for the first time in four years - Page 13 Empty Re: Watching LOTR for the first time in four years

Post by Mrs Figg on Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:37 pm

She didn't cut her hair off in the book, and I guess that made it easier for Eomer to find her among the slain. Also in the house of healing when she met Faramir and they were both on the ramparts looking out, the book describes their long hair mingling in the wind, gold and black.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Watching LOTR for the first time in four years - Page 13 Empty Re: Watching LOTR for the first time in four years

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:55 am

{{ Yup but they did in the film, before changing their minds again. Its most notable in the scene on route to Minas Tirith where she talks with Merry, but the way its shot you could assume she just sort of tucked it into the armour (probably why that scene got kept in), but you can see at the front its being cut short. My guess is they had one of those often seen scenes where woman pretends to be man of in front of mirror chopping it off with a knife.}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldorion.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd on Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:55 am

The ships in the movie are apparently manned by the spirits from below-decks, so I don't know that they really hit that one out of the park in terms of practical credulity.

and a thousand tongues had told
that I would sink to these ways
that I would fall on these days--
the days I have fallen on
the ways I have sunk into.

-Instructions and a Warning, The Kalevala
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
Trekkie in training

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:30 am

{{ ah, so thats there excuse for how Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli managed to man and sail a fleet of ships on their own. Those films, but particulary Return of the King, only get worse the more you think about them. Mad }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldorion.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13