Amarië
malickfan
Bluebottle
azriel
halfwise
15 posters

Page 28 of 33 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 33  Next

Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 28 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3]

Post by chris63 Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:38 am

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 28 18034180_10155221585228185_7277396745228718979_n

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 28 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3]

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:03 pm

Very Happy cute
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:17 am

My home ! Very Happy

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 28 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 28 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri May 05, 2017 11:21 pm

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 28 Proven10

If it wasn't for the rusty drain it might be from Minas Tirith ?

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 28 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 28 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon May 08, 2017 12:28 am

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 28 West-Highland-line11
https://www.seat61.com/WestHighlandLine.htm

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon May 08, 2017 1:12 am

Great pics, az and Blue. Thumbs Up
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon May 08, 2017 1:12 am

azriel wrote:Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 28 Proven10

definitely Minas Tirithian. Nod
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon May 08, 2017 1:13 am

Bluebottle wrote:Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 28 West-Highland-line11

isn't that in Harry Potter? I recognize it from the Hogwarts Express.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon May 08, 2017 1:15 am

Mrs Figg wrote:
azriel wrote:Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 28 Proven10

definitely Minas Tirithian. Nod

I could see living there.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon May 08, 2017 1:30 am

Mrs Figg wrote:
Bluebottle wrote:Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 28 West-Highland-line11

Yeah, the West Highland line. Would really like to do that. And the east highland line actually. Razz

Edinburgh to Kyle of Lochalsh, bus and boat to Fort William and then the train down the West Highland line to Glasgow :O

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon May 08, 2017 3:29 pm

Bluebottle wrote:
Mrs Figg wrote:

Yeah, the West Highland line. Would really like to do that. And the east highland line actually. Razz

Edinburgh to Kyle of Lochalsh, bus and boat to Fort William and then the train down the West Highland line to Glasgow :O

I like the little islands of trees, has a sort of melancholy touch Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon May 08, 2017 4:38 pm

{{Crannogs! Ok maybe not, you can never tell if they are or not till you get onto one for a nosey round. (in case your wondering Crannogs are artificially created small islands in lochs people used to live on- no one is quite sure why, some think defence but they arent particularly defensible as walkways led out to them form the shore and few if any show evidence of fighting on them. }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon May 08, 2017 4:57 pm

A walkway is much more defensible than being on land with approach from all sides. Perhaps no evidence of fighting because nobody would want to risk that kind of attack.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon May 08, 2017 5:35 pm

Any tips on the east/west highland lines, Petty? Smile

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Mon May 08, 2017 5:41 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{artificially created small islands in lochs people used to live on- no one is quite sure why }}}

What do you think about the Defense against Midges theory? That's what was explained to me in a Highland pub when I asked the question "why would you build a windowless stone cottage on an island in the middle of a lake barely bigger than a puddle". It seemed plausible, but it was the wrong season for me to test it.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 28 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 28 UJpDi Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 28 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon May 08, 2017 6:45 pm

{{I have heard that theory Dave, and actually think there is probably something in it. Anyone who has been assaulted by midges will know how intolerable they can become and it is true you get less of them out on the water and on the small islands- though not none- they do fly after all!
I think you'd have to go during bad midgie spell, spend some time on the shore getting eaten, then go onto one and see if its a relief or not.

But as reason to do it, and as someone who has had too many camping trips ruined by the little buggers, I think its good motivation if they indeed dont get to the islands. }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Mon May 08, 2017 7:03 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{
I think you'd have to go during bad midgie spell, spend some time on the shore getting eaten, then go onto one and see if its a relief or not.
}}

That sounds like a noble experiment! I wish I could help.... but.... umm..... pale..... Sofa

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 28 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 28 UJpDi Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 28 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon May 08, 2017 7:06 pm

{{I was toying with testing it myself, but then I know what the little bastards are like!! pale Sofa }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon May 08, 2017 9:23 pm

{{Azriel- fixed your drainpipe problem! No one likes a witch with leaky plumbing! Very Happy }}}

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 28 Proven10_zps7fs6clyl

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon May 08, 2017 9:29 pm

how come there are only midges in Scotland?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon May 08, 2017 9:39 pm

{{Universal balance- midgies (and the English) are there to make up for all the good stuff, like mountains and lochs and buckie Nod }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon May 08, 2017 9:46 pm

So we are the ying to your yang ? Smile Petty

Thank you for curing my plumbing Smile Ive been dripping for ages Smile
That looks so lovely now you've altered that pic Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat May 20, 2017 9:04 pm

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 28 Austra10

An Australian dust storm tho it looks like a Tsunami to me pale

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat May 20, 2017 9:06 pm

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 28 Kromla10

Kromlau in Germany.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat May 20, 2017 9:09 pm

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 28 Soap_i10

This is a frozen soap bubble with invisible ink added so that when a UV light shines on it you get this....fun Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 33 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 33  Next