Amarië
malickfan
Bluebottle
azriel
halfwise
15 posters

Page 15 of 33 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 33  Next

Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 15 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3]

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:47 pm

azriel wrote:Winter in Rivendell ???

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 15 Winter%20rivendell_zpslak2m0uw

that's wonderful, where is it? Razz
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 15 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3]

Post by azriel Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:57 pm

Its....Tianmen Mountain...where ever that is ?

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 15 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 15 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:12 pm

Appears to be in China, and that bit is the Ghost Valley Plank Road. Some selections from Google Images:

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 15 9o7Yl3y

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 15 Vg8AEGd

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 15 K1lO1ER
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:19 pm

China is truly an amazing place. too bad they are so busy ruining it with skyscrapers. Mad

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:31 pm

wowzer! just looking at Google images of that place, its amazing. hang on.. Google Earth....bugger no street view in China. No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:24 pm

Eldorion wrote:Man, I wonder if people in Tromso ever get tired of looking at the Northern Lights.  Like, if you live with them your whole life, is it just "oh look, another stunningly beautiful atmospheric phenomenon ... I wonder if there's anything good on TV?"

Isn't it sad we don't have a resident northerner to ask that. (Although she'd probably just scoff at the question.) Sad

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:27 pm

Damn right. Mad
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:43 pm

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 15 12321610_10153112885566266_2220674459657151138_n

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:27 am

For real?!

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:14 am

Yup, that was here two days ago.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:35 pm

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 15 Oz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:56 pm

Is that current? I might get to see snow like that in a month or more if I go to upstate New York for skiing again but otherwise nah
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:59 pm

Not sure, but it's somewhere up in the mountains. (Mostly it just struck me as epitomizing fjordianness. Razz) Shrugging

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:00 pm

I could live in a place like that

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 15 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 15 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:03 pm

Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:20 pm

how do you drive in that? Shocked pale
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:44 pm

4 wheel drive and tire chains, I imagine. Plus lots of practice.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:29 pm

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 15 Appin%20Scotland_zpsrkq6csqe

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:31 pm

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 15 French%20chapel_zpstibdlmi9

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:59 am

azriel wrote:Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 15 Appin%20Scotland_zpsrkq6csqe

That's very evocative. Smile

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:59 am

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 15 1516120_520444048134969_1626371546_n

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:30 pm

How beautiful!  I think I like it better in it's vegetated decline than how it must have looked as intended.

azriel wrote:Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 15 French%20chapel_zpstibdlmi9

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:11 pm

I think it feels more Eternal when its in foliage stage ?

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:00 am

I like that Smile

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:50 am

Hello Chris, Happy New Year Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 33 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 33  Next