Amariƫ
malickfan
Bluebottle
azriel
halfwise
15 posters

Page 16 of 33 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 33  Next

Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 16 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3]

Post by azriel Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:25 am

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 16 Ficus%20tree%20philippines_zps9vrrigwc

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 16 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 16 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 16 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3]

Post by halfwise Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:26 pm

Kinda a shame to ruin a perfect shade tree by having tendrils hanging down just where you want to put your lounge chair. Mad

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:56 pm

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 16 Path_zpsgekaagfw

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 16 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 16 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:50 am

azriel wrote:Hello Chris, Happy New Year Very Happy

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 16 FrodobagginscheerhobbiShub

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:42 am

Reminds me of Goldberry

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 16 16%2B-%2B1

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:29 am

Thats nice Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:37 pm

villa pisani venice

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 16 403e84aa-eb64-40b9-8fa3-c11beffc142d_zpsrrc1gtfx
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:50 pm

That's in Venice? I only spent a day wondering around there, but got the impression that photo would encapsulate the sum total of all the greenery in Venice.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:24 pm

its near venice I think. not sure exactly where.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:10 am

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 16 12-BACKUP-1royal-palace-caserta_zpsmagspqjv

Royal palace of Caserta, Naples Very Happy The inside is so spectacular !!

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 16 Caserta-stairs-2_zpsp9ily2lf

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:10 am

p.s, thats not me ! Laughing

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:16 pm

Damn, that's gorgeous. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:22 pm

Those grounds are huge and stunning. I'm surprised they are not better known.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:40 pm

I agree Halfy ! I only found it by accident. You should Google it, its beautiful !!!!

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 16 Th_throne%20room%20caserta_zpsspndpfxb

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 16 Th_caserta_2_1364380001_zpsk5fthvrf

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 16 Th_reggia-di-caserta-particolare2_zps7h80bul9

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:52 pm

Ok, I can't figure out how that shot was done. From google street view (and also comparing to the map) from behind the sculpture you are more than a mile from the palace, and it should be tiny, not dominating the scene. There's something going on...

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:44 am

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 16 Knowledge%2Band%2BWisdom%2Bby%2BChen%2BWei

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:00 pm

Ah thats nice ! I love you

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:10 pm

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 16 JwzisgkmaNhP6Gi7yZDlFwps-jqQVHFjeOIHuS_qG66A

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:19 pm

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 16 Tumblr_o2cp8nRlPL1smipnlo1_250Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 16 Tumblr_o2cp8nRlPL1smipnlo2_r1_250

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:32 pm

where is the curly road? Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:48 pm

looks like an empty streambed to me.

EDIT: was referring to second picture.

Last edited by halfwise on Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:02 pm

It's called Kongeveien, the picture is from Filefjell, it was the first drivable road over the mountains between the east and west of Norway in the 1790s. Wink

It was awarded a prize for being the most beatiful road in Norway along with a road up north.
http://mnowww.medianorge.no/reise/Dette-er-Norges-vakreste-vei-80176.html#.VsyPtxhQRsM

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:40 pm

I'm just posting so that my name appears, on one of the pages anyway, in all three "sub-forums" of the Middle-earth forum... until someone else posts in one of them of course.

Yes it's childish... but this happened.

Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:54 pm

{{{Elthir had you but continued and made your name first post on every thread on the main page you would have joined the long line of Forumshire Alumni in completing a Forumshire spamathon Nod Though I must admire your Lore Master restrained in confining yourself to threads at least related to Tolkien Nod }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:02 pm

Elthir - your intellectual delight in what amounts to a mere essay in the craft of the spam run is commendable and even somewhat touching, but to get full effect you need to go back and study the works of the great masters of the form. Unfortunately you'll have to dig back considerably in time to find the ouvre of the likes of Norc, Eldo or Orwell at the peak of their powers.

Our community has diminished over the years, alas, but it does make it easier to qualify for a spam run by completing it before someone else jumps in. With Petty and especially Norc suppressed of late, Figgy and Az are the main threats to a spam run these days. Competing spam runs can be as exciting as a naval battle.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 33 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 33  Next