Who would you cast?- A fun thread to discuss alternate casting, no limitations.

+12
bungobaggins
halfwise
Orwell
David H
davidjoneshoward
Ringdrotten
ElendilTheShort
Radaghast
Elthir
azriel
dak
Forest Shepherd
16 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Who would you cast?- A fun thread to discuss alternate casting, no limitations.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Who would you cast?- A fun thread to discuss alternate casting, no limitations.

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:52 pm

Clive Russell Denethor

Who would you cast?- A fun thread to discuss alternate casting, no limitations.  - Page 4 Imagesfhj_zpsnjyd9vqc
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Who would you cast?- A fun thread to discuss alternate casting, no limitations.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Who would you cast?- A fun thread to discuss alternate casting, no limitations.

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:58 pm

Tom legolas

Who would you cast?- A fun thread to discuss alternate casting, no limitations.  - Page 4 Tom-wlaschiha_zpsbuptjlod
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:02 pm

Who would you cast?- A fun thread to discuss alternate casting, no limitations.  - Page 4 Untitledflglh_zpsnojxdzp5
Boromir-Gondor needs no king-Lannister
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:16 pm

Good choice that last one.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:43 am

Agreed.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:36 pm

a girl wants Legolas
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:39 am

A man missed makeup and hair, a girl did not notice, nor care.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:08 pm

a girl has to use her imagination. Very Happy although a man does have an otherworldly presence.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:23 pm

Guy Pearce as Thranduil

Although I thought Ken Stott was perfect casting, Kevin McNally would have done a good job as Balin

Eric Bana as Bard

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by davidjoneshoward Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:51 pm

Peter Dinklage would have made an interesting Bilbo, despite the lack of continuity of looks between him and Ian Holm.

Who would you cast?- A fun thread to discuss alternate casting, no limitations.  - Page 4 Throne10

Who would you cast?- A fun thread to discuss alternate casting, no limitations.  - Page 4 Peter-10\

And of course, that would mean Dinklage and Gandalf wouldn't have to film separately (in TH you could really tell the actors were waiting for their cue to speak)!

Last edited by davidjoneshoward on Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:44 am; edited 2 times in total
davidjoneshoward
davidjoneshoward
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:48 pm

He would have been better than Martin Freeman but he isn't very good at a British accent. Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by davidjoneshoward Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:00 pm

I know Jake Gyllenhaal auditioned for the role of Frodo but never got it (apparently he was asked to give a British accent, but miserably failed at doing so, which is odd considering Elijah had nothing resembling a british accent). His face definitely reminds me of elijah wood, not sure though who's the better actor as I've only seen them in one role each.

Russell Crowe and Vin Diesel were both considered for Aragorn, though I don't want to think about the prospects of that.
davidjoneshoward
davidjoneshoward
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by davidjoneshoward Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:29 pm

In fact, many famous actors were considered for LOTR (that would have made them considerably more famous had they been cast obviously)

http://whatculture.com/film/20-actors-that-were-almost-cast-in-the-lord-of-the-rings.php/

Some interesting names are Sylvester McCoy for Bilbo (aka Radagast),

Warwick Davis, Timothy Spall, - both for Gimli,

Kate Winslet for Eowyn (glad she didn't get the part),

Patrick Stewart as Gandalf,

David Bowie for Elrond (bleh),

Liam Neeson for Boromir (not bad),

Daniel Day-Lewis (excellent Nod),

Ethan Hawke for Faramir (interesting, but glad they didn't choose him),

David McGoohan for Gandalf (the king from Braveheart),

Uma Thurman for both Arwen and Eowyn,

and my favorite, Nicolas Cage for Aragorn. I don't think theres I single role in this movie where I wouldn't be intrigued to see Nicolas Cage play

The website gives some good descriptions for why they weren't chosen or why they turned it down. I recommend you check it out

Last edited by davidjoneshoward on Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total
davidjoneshoward
davidjoneshoward
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:24 pm

I am glad none of them got the job. No Nicolas Cage would have been a joke.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:34 pm

Would have been? scratch
As far as I can tell he's been playing the same character since "Raising Arizona" Rolling Eyes

Who would you cast?- A fun thread to discuss alternate casting, no limitations.  - Page 4 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  Who would you cast?- A fun thread to discuss alternate casting, no limitations.  - Page 4 UJpDi Who would you cast?- A fun thread to discuss alternate casting, no limitations.  - Page 4 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:39 am

Nick Cage might have made a good Gollum.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:23 am

I can actually really see him as Gollum now, halfy. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:15 pm

Johnny Depp as an orc.

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:23 pm

My hairy arse with a carrot sticking out of it as PJ's cameo Moon :carrot:

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:57 pm

lol!

Who would you cast?- A fun thread to discuss alternate casting, no limitations.  - Page 4 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Who would you cast?- A fun thread to discuss alternate casting, no limitations.  - Page 4 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElendilTheShort Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:55 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:My hairy arse with a carrot sticking out of it as PJ's cameo Moon :carrot:

OK that was some funny shit right there. I'm at work and people are wondering what I'm laughing at.

ElendilTheShort
Lucky Number

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:53 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:My hairy arse with a carrot sticking out of it as PJ's cameo Moon :carrot:

slap laugh Rolling Eyes

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:29 pm

If they'd waited a couple of years they could have cast PJ himself as Gandalf. He got old fast. Shocked

Who would you cast?- A fun thread to discuss alternate casting, no limitations.  - Page 4 1j2E0zF

Source
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by davidjoneshoward Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:40 am

Pictures from the late 2000s he had black hair and looked slimmer than ever. The Hobbit must have really aged him.
davidjoneshoward
davidjoneshoward
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:34 am

I can only imagine that level of stress would have to. Hope he's still in good health.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next