Pettytyrant101
Amarië
17 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Doctor Who [11] - Page 17 Empty Re: Doctor Who [11]

Post by malickfan Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:17 pm

19 days to go! bounce bounce bounce

They should be filming the Christmas Special soon as well...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:35 am

19 days to go until what?

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:37 pm

I admit to an abject sense of joyfulness when Julia and Petty battle. Laughing

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:22 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:19 days to go until what?

Series 9 starts airing on BBC on September 19th

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:31 pm

my handbag is ready for a good duffing up of Scotshobbits. bounce
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:15 am

A Familiar Face is returning for the Christmas Special

Spoiler:

That seems to confirm
Spoiler:

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:02 pm

Spoiler:
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:23 pm

Interesting or possibly disappointing news depending on how you look at things:

If anyone was wondering whether TORCHWOOD would be returning to TV anytime soon, it seems more unlikely than ever, in the new issue of Big Finish magazine Vortex it's confirmed that when Big Finish first got the rights to the series, Russell T Davies (and others) begun plotting out ideas for a potential audio only Series 5 to follow on from Miracle Day (though those plans seem on the back burner for now) I'm had wondered if Big Finish partly got the rights because the BBC had no further plans for a revival on TV in the immediate future (though a certain popular TV character is featuring in the 2015 christmas special as well as some upcoming audios which kinda blows that argument apart), though I'm glad to see Russell Davies still has stories to tell in the franchise.

Although I'm glad Torchwood is continuing in some form (although I was never a huge fan personally, it's good to know the BBC had such confidence in Big Finish, who certainly have a great track record with Who), it's a little sad it seems dead on TV (John Barrowman once stated he could see it running for over a decade, how times change...), as good as the audios are, nothing really beats the expanse of the visual medium, I'm wondering how well the format will be received as well, audio dramas seem quite a niche thing outside the UK.

That said, it's interesting to see the BBC seem willing to put more faith in the expanded media even as the show grows internationally (assuming this is likely to be a high profile release I wonder what that will do to the 'Big Finish isn't canon' argument?), and I'm rather intrigued as to what other potential plans Russell Davies may have for Big Finish...*Time War audios anyone?*

If things carry on like this Who might have a good claim to being the longest running Audio sci-fi franchise as well...

Last edited by malickfan on Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:33 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:
Spoiler:

I'm not a big fan of the character personally, but I think
Spoiler:
will have good chemistry with Capaldi's doctor, I was never entirely convinced with
Spoiler:

I suppose if Clara were to leave at the end of the series (which I think seems likely, she's been on the job 3 years), if Moffat is dead set on
Spoiler:
returning it would make sense for
Spoiler:
to have a guest stand alone appearance at christmas rather than detract attention from a new companion, especially if the Private Eye report about no full series next year is true.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:37 pm

I am guessing, but I havent dared to look (in case its something different) you are discussing
Spoiler:

Regards speculation that there will be no seris following 9 I just find it hard to believe, more so in light of BBC Worldwides latest annual report-

'Record returns to the BBC, up almost a third to £226.5m; pledge to return around £1bn in five years from 2014/15, an increase of almost one quarter on previous five years
Doctor Who S8 was the top selling programme of the year, licensed to 189 territories'- BBC

I cant see them killing the cash cow.

Only 14 days to go!!!! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

To celebrate the wonder that is the 12th Doctor heres a few of my favourite vids of The Doctor-

Karaoke and Mime- Katrin Depp

The Man that Stops the Monsters- Cutthroat Bitch

Alone- Mad-Man with a  Box Productions

The Twelth Doctor 'I am the Doctor'- Naz Enginler

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:16 pm

Official trailer for opening episode The Magician's Apprentice

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:50 pm

yes it was that we were discussing.

who said there wont be another series? maybe its Moffat who wont be doing another? not the whole shebang. which would be very silly.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:13 pm

We might get a year of specials like Tennants final year- that might appease BBC Worldwide and these days a series of specials- Easter, Summer, Christmas - would mean three movie length Doctor Who's in one year ready for simultaneous broadcast on TV and in cinemas worldwide.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:24 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:We might get a year of specials like Tennants final year- that might appease BBC Worldwide and these days a series of specials- Easter, Summer, Christmas - would mean three movie length Doctor Who's in one year ready for simultaneous broadcast on TV and in cinemas worldwide.

The rumour about there being either a split  2016/17 series or year of specials next year was reported by Private Eye (who have an accurate enough track record reporting on things like this), I'm confident there is a kernel of Truth in this, as the rumour also alleges Moffat was finding it hard to schedule Sherlock and needed to film some eps when he could, I can certainly see the BBC being unwilling to go for one or the other, and i.m.o another Gap year could be a good thing, it will give the crew a breather (Russel T Davies is working on a Shakespeare adaptation at the moment due to film within the next year, reportedly many of the regular Who Crew are also going to be working on this) and give them a chance to properly plan for a new companion (I would be very very surpised if Coleman signed on for a fourth year...).

Moffat is supposedly signed on for Series 10 as showrunner, though it's possible that may refer to a gap year of specials, and the break could be due to a new showrunner putting there plans in place.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:28 pm

I don't disagree with the notion of a year off for everyone to catch a breath and refresh creative juices or just work on other projects, I just don't see them stopping a brand which is in a period of expansion globally when its still expanding. The instinct there is to bed it in the new markets, you don't do that by almost immediately taking it off the air. And a lot of the new places it sold to are new viewers, for them it all just began with 12.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:36 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote: I just don't see them stopping a brand which is in a period of expansion globally when its still expanding. The instinct there is to bed it in the new markets, you don't do that by almost immediately taking it off the air.

Paul McGann would like a word with you  Laughing  Evil or Very Mad

Moffat's been on this gig for nearly a decade now, and Capaldi's a family man who isn't getting any younger, it's only natural the show needs a pause now and again.

Wasn't there some chatter a few months ago about moving Who over to BBC Worldwide? I'm not sure how it works, but I've read that BBC  Worldwide productions have more of the profits put directly back into the show, with the Tories going after the BBC, and the current mutterings about more Budget Cuts across the board maybe they could be realigining things to safeguard the show?

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:42 pm

Its hard to tell what goes on behind the scenes at the BBC- I doubt even Moffat knows. Capaldi might be a family man and older but he knew what he was signing on for in terms of workload.

But as I say I have no personal objection to a break, I just cant see the money men letting it go, and with no Top Gear Who is now their top earner.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:47 pm

they would be mad to lose a signature show. I think they only problem would be finding a new show runner in time. I hope RTD will come back. if RTD did come back I would do a nuddy happy dance on Moffats photo. and post it on Youtube. What a Face
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:59 pm

My God you must hate him Figgs Laughing
As to whether
Spoiler:
It wouldnt surprise me. I think
Spoiler:
& he in turn would enjoy the
Spoiler:
Surely sooner or later Moffet will hang his boots up ? Does anyone endure years of something until they or 'it' go stale ?

Doctor Who [11] - Page 17 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Doctor Who [11] - Page 17 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:08 pm

Mrs Figg wrote: I hope RTD will come back. if RTD did come back I would do a nuddy happy dance on Moffats photo. and post it on Youtube. What a Face

Laughing

I'd love to see Petty's reaction...

Inviting back a previous showrunner to take over after Mofat goes would be suicide for the show i.m.o, RTD himself has admitted he was completely drained by the end of his tenure and has regularly turned down invites to return to the show and guest write an episode, and in my honest opinion RTD was running on fumes by the end of his tenure (moffat is arguably at that point already...I enjoyed his eps more as fun stories at the ime, but Moffat's definitely got more imagination (though skill is debatable) as a writer and writes the Doctor as a more consistent character i.m.o.

Even if he were to return I don't think he would replicate the style or tone of Eccleston/Tennant's years as they wouldn't suit Capaldi's more abrasive, alien take on the Doctor...though a small part of me hopes for a Capaldi vs The Farting Aliens episode just for the comedy...

RTD is apparently working with Big Finish on plans for an audio Series 5 of Torchwood though, so I wouldn't totally rule out a return in some way.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:23 pm

Fumes does explain a lot....

I want neither of the two, unless we could have gotten the best of both and lost the rest.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:48 pm

Well I'm back to The Horror of Fang Rock, which was the first Tom Baker episode I saw. I was waiting for my sister to start watching it and took a sneak-peek of The Invisible Enemy. Quite an interesting-looking episode so far! The frost-eyebrowed spacemen are particularly odd with their talk of breeding and multiplying!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:07 pm

What does your sister make of Fang Rock, a personal favourite of mine, great atmosphere, decent solid story and Leela is excellent in it.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:00 pm

It's one of her favourites, also mine.

For some reason it is particularly enjoyable that all of the human characters get killed off during the episode. Twisted Evil
Is that a spoiler? Too bad!

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:53 pm

Is that a spoiler? Too bad!- Forest

In this case quite possibly- for poor Dave, as Fang Rock is among the episodes I sent to him from classic!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next