Forest Shepherd
chris63
malickfan
azriel
Bluebottle
17 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [5] - Page 31 Empty Re: The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [5]

Post by David H Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:41 am

Lancebloke wrote:
For the top tier... murder and rape it should be life. Not 23 years or a bit less if the behave well. They die in prison!

I'd have to put a lot of white collar criminals in the top tier as well. Bernie Madoff was sentenced to 150 years for fraud for a good reason. When you consider the scale of his crime, a single murder or rape seems small by comparison. Unfortunately most of the biggest threats to society have top tier lawyers to make sure they never serve a day.

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [5] - Page 31 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [5] - Page 31 UJpDi The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [5] - Page 31 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [5] - Page 31 Empty Re: The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [5]

Post by halfwise Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:58 pm

The Turkey situation seems to be more subtle than most westerners understand.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the-execution-of-a-former-turkish-leader-that-still-haunts-erdogan/2016/07/29/4772c256-54b4-11e6-994c-4e3140414f34_story.html

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:06 pm

{{{{Big earhquake in Italy- I hope you are ok Figg and well out of it }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:21 pm

I wonder which structures fared best: traditional or modern?

Unfortunately the death toll of 32 so far is sure to climb. Sad

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:58 pm

thanks Petty, its a couple of hundred miles south east of here, and all the old buildings fared worse, the only ones standing are the anti-seismic ones. its lucky there were no cities involved like in 2009. its very dramatic, whole villages have been destroyed. really bad.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:05 pm

I'm glad it hasn't affected you directly Mrs Figg. Earthquakes like these are horrible. The earth reminds us every once in a while how small we really are and not to take it for granted.

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [5] - Page 31 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [5] - Page 31 UJpDi The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [5] - Page 31 Mumbea10
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:23 pm

Im glad your ok Figgles, not so happy news about the poor people hit by this. Crying or Very sad silent

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [5] - Page 31 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [5] - Page 31 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:50 pm

{{{Glad you are safe Figg. Thoughts go out to all those poor souls lost and still trapped.}}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:04 am

the devastation is enormous, 6.2 is really impossible for old buildings to withstand. Its a low risk where I live, but we have had some big shakes a couple of times and my house has some worrying cracks after the last one a couple of years ago. we are having a geometra look at the walls. the house has no foundations as they just build directly onto the rock.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:13 pm

{{{I see on the news the rescue work is being hampered by hundreds of aftershocks. Just awful.}}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:50 pm

Yes it is awful. I've been following the news on European sites because our news is saturated with Trump and Hillary Rolling Eyes

Meanwhile in Germany.....
http://www.thelocal.de/20160826/naked-swimmer-hospitalized-after-angler-hooks-his-penis
affraid

David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:51 pm

ouch ! pale

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [5] - Page 31 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:49 pm

I wouldn't even read that story. pale

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:16 pm

I read the text, but I blocked the images. pale No

David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:28 pm

{{When I read the story I had the odd scenario in my head of a German in a Scottish pub telling the story to a crowd of Scots.

German- Ze hook vent right into his penis.

(Scots stifling laughter and trying and failing not to laugh)

German- Vy do you laugh? Eet is not vunny, eet hurt his penis quite badly.

(Scots now unable to control their laughter)

German- Eet vas no laughing matter, ze hook vas right een his pee hole. Et vould be very painvul.

(Scots collapse on floor in laughter as the German looks on in uncomprehending disgust) }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:28 pm

{{{I thought this was a very well written and reasoned piece from the editor of the Cracked website on why young boys grow up thinking its ok to just 'Trump' a woman and grab without permission.}}}

http://www.cracked.com/blog/how-men-are-trained-to-think-sexual-assault-no-big-deal/

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:08 pm

He had me at

"Hi, I'm David Wong, and I've been conducting a 40-year experiment on men's toxic attitudes toward women, mainly by living my life with lots of them swishing around inside my skull."

All that he says is true. Unfortunately it's also true that nothing is less sexy than a man who asks for a kiss. What men need to be trained on (and it takes until the late 20's or even 30's to learn it these days because there's no cultural structure in place) is how to recognize clear non-verbal consent and non-consent; how to set up situations where the signals can be provoked and tested, and to believe the non-verbal signals are every bit as valid as verbal ones.

Movies have been providing exactly the wrong examples of non-verbal cues (actually examples of misreading them with the wrong consequences), Wong did a good job of illustrating that.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:18 pm

I started reading that & was impressed by the writer, what he said & how he said it. I haven't read it all but, IL come back to it...........

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:27 pm

Some of the things he speaks of are also fantasies. Fantasising about how to approach & get off with a girl. How do you act in the real world when your groin is in the shag stage of your fantasy ?? Thinking about someone you cant have can be sexy in its own way...........

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:29 pm

Unfortunately it's also true that nothing is less sexy than a man who asks for a kiss.- Halfy

{{Here's a true tale from my own past, one which I am fortunate we all friends here! as I cringe still to this day over it- I was young about 19 I think thereabouts, and its was Cowal Games so I was drunk, and I was with my girlfriend of the time, who I had only been dating a short time and way out of my league, and this night, what with the celebrations, the drink etc and the fact we were camping out in a tent together meant I reckoned it was on.
But by the time we got to the tent we were both blind drunk.

Now an aside to this is at that time the matter of what was consent regards states of drunkenness was very much in the press due to some high profile cases at the time. And a great concern for us males was that the law seemed to be saying that a woman just being sufficiently drunk meant she could not give consent. And we were seriously pissed.

So in my drunken fumbling in the tent when things headed towards the crucial moment I asked basically, I asked permission in so many drunken words.
We did in fact get it on that night, but only after she had got control of her laughter.

Can dent a young fellow's pride and manliness that sort of thing can. I never verbally asked permission again in my life. But I suspect like many modern men it has left me occasionally in situations where I have no idea if an advance is being invited or if it would be unwarranted. Frankly in the modern age it would be a lot easier if women always made the first move- at least then we would have a clue where we stand! }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:31 pm

How do you act in the real world when your groin is in the shag stage of your fantasy ?? - Azriel

{{With great care  Very Happy  And crossed legs! Think of Margaret Thatcher- that cures any sexual fantasy instantly- if your American I imagine Hillary can have a similar effect  Nod (is that sexist? Probably) }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:34 pm

If your gonna ask me if we can...... then I think you might actually LIKE me ! Just getting your leg over is an act anyone can do to anyone & often without any feelings only that you need to grab the ceiling light Smile Its also nice to feel wanted & that your a worthy treasure & not being taken for granted. I think once you feel wanted it brings a new confidence & optimism & relationships will be better for it, in or out of bed !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:25 pm

I found that article dangerous and disingenuous in the extreme. Its all ok until he reveals the tell-tale hidden subtext of the article. and all is revealed. he first lulls us into a false sense of his feminist leanings but in the second half the truth of his real intentions are laughably clear, and its quite dangerous and totally appalling bullshit. he says,

"Thus, women gain power through rejecting men, and those rejections have nothing to do with how they truly feel."

This is the classic defence of ALL RAPISTS. " she wanted it really" women do not 'reject' men, this is language which has been used through the centuries to blame women for not fancying someone. if women DO reject a man its because she doesn't like you, not because deep down she 'wants it.' saying 'its not how she really feels is a cop-out of epic proportions.

"This, I'd have said, is also the reason most "slut shaming" comes from other women."

more bullshit. slut shaming mostly comes from men, which is a weapon used to control and intimidate the fertility of women. there is a lot of solidarity between women and trying to blame women for 'slut shaming' is a classic divide and rule strategy.

"Conversely, Han Solo is a hero precisely because he sees through this artifice, and knows exactly how to confidently stride past those barriers. The primary attractive traits in males are physical strength and aggressiveness, and he knows that Leia's feigned resistance is a test of those attributes."

note these two issues, firstly her resistance is 'feigned' because deep down she wants it, and aggression is attractive and 'heroic', therefore acceptable. which totally and utterly demolishes all the feigned feminism he spouted at the beginning.

"And dammit, this is how it really worked back in the good old days, when men were men and women were women! "

this is his real agenda here we have the truth at last. that all this feminism nonsense ruined the 'good old days where men were men and women were doormats.

Stoking our appetites, advertising a product.

slut shaming 101.

She says her outfit makes one statement, while virtually 100 percent of posters, magazines, movies, TV shows, songs, music videos, billboards, video games, poems, novels, etc say it makes another.

more slut shaming

Sure, the guys can control how they act at the sight of the outfit, but they cannot control how they feel -- it's been programmed in as an involuntary physical reaction, a hormonal trigger.

rape defence 101. its not my fault she made me do it.

this is totally and utterly fucked up dangerous shite.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:42 pm

Ive been busy all day & I deliberately saved that article to read it all in my own good time but, I can feel what Figgy is on about to some degree. I am a stronger person only, I think, because of the situations Ive been in throughout my life. If I say Fook off you had better fook off ! I hope I know my own mind & people making assumptions for me will piss me off more than anything. No, deep down inside I don't want you to stroke my arm even tho I say fook off because I'm really gagging for it !! Some people are a bit "touchy feely" & seem to not mind laying on of hands, I'm not one of them. IL get cosy if I want to get cosy & its private ! between me & my partner. Whatever I do, I do for me, whatever I wear, I wear for me. I sometimes think men & women are like 2 ends of a magnet that are repelling each other, you can feel the force & tension as the 2 ends refuse to meet.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:28 pm

saying that men cannot take up non verbal signals because of watching too many films is the height of insulting peoples intelligence. we as humans have been reading non verbal fucking signals for thousands of years. No means no, and yes means yes, end of story. anything else is pandering to rape culture and you might as well go and live in an IS village if this is the level we are still at in the West. this disgusts me. when you are in an adult relationship of mutual trust, then you can do the dominant/passive game thing, knowing where one boundaries are, and even then there are rules where no means no, even in our fantasy worlds, and films are fantasy and should not be taken into the real world.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next