Bluebottle
Tinuviel
Forest Shepherd
Pettytyrant101
shire_folk
20 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Battle of the Five Armies - Extended Edition - Page 12 Empty Re: Battle of the Five Armies - Extended Edition

Post by Radaghast Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:02 pm

bungobaggins wrote:I hear New Zealanders like big horny sheep. :brows:
Maybe they're not so fond of sheep at all after this movie:

Battle of the Five Armies - Extended Edition - Page 12 Black-sheep-poster-1

http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
https://stopthesecrecy.net/

Battle of the Five Armies - Extended Edition - Page 12 WiuVcmi
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Battle of the Five Armies - Extended Edition - Page 12 Empty Re: Battle of the Five Armies - Extended Edition

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:51 pm

Not seen that but remember the trailers, always struck me as a sort of PJ tribute film, but dont know if thats actually true of it.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:02 pm

Well, there's this interview where PJ is mentioned as an inspiration:

http://www.indielondon.co.uk/Film-Review/black-sheep-jonathan-king-interview

http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
https://stopthesecrecy.net/

Battle of the Five Armies - Extended Edition - Page 12 WiuVcmi
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:49 pm

Battle of the Five Armies - Extended Edition - Page 12 Galadriel_23_zpslucrljas

This SO looks like that film "The Ring", Japanese version

Battle of the Five Armies - Extended Edition - Page 12 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Battle of the Five Armies - Extended Edition - Page 12 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:26 pm

thats probably the single thing I hated most in the entire trilogy. poor Galadriel.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:48 pm

nuh uuuuuh! she's a strong independent woman who don't need no white council!

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:50 pm

Laughing

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:52 am

It's mid-December and it just feels weird to not have a PJ Middle-earth movie coming out that I get to complain about.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:06 am

We don't know what we have till it's gone... Sad
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:17 am

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:18 am

It is a rather melancholy though. But then again, the movies were pretty awful! We shouldn't jump to nostalgia quite yet. Besides, I'm sure there are plenty of crabbit-inducing adaptations of our favourite things coming up soon.

The Gunslinger for example...

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:26 am

Fuck.

At this point I'd rather they not make that movie at all.

Mad

"Oh, let's be edgy and cast a completely different race for the main character than what is described in the fucking book! Fuck the book! Who needs the book!"

Even SK is A-okay with their number one casting choice. He has drunk the kool-aid.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:28 pm

Eldorion wrote:We don't know what we have till it's gone... Sad

I recently had a conversation on TORn about this, and one of the regular posters stated that one of TORn's staff members had been told an announcement of some sort to do with the future of the franchise will be made in the not too distant future, it's a pretty vague tease and could cover anything from yet another special edition home video release to spin off films, but I wouldn't be so quick to mourn/celebrate the end of the franchise just yet...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:55 pm

Well as we dont have any films to complain about lets pretend we do!

Lets imagine the Tolkien Estate has made not just the Sil but all Tolkiens writing available for adaptation.

What would you like ot see? How do you think it should be done? Who would you choose to direct? Who would you cast?

As a quick suggestion Ive always thought doing the Battle of the Fords of Isen from UT in the style of a straight history documentary would be both fun to see and an accurate way to get over the tone of the piece, which is very much like reading a history account of a famous battle, with the events pieced together after the events from the scraps of information available- as many modern history documentaries are presented- as a series of clues leading to conclusions.
And I would get Neil Oliver to present it.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:04 pm

malickfan wrote:I recently had a conversation on TORn about this, and one of the regular posters stated that one of TORn's staff members had been told an announcement of some sort to do with the future of the franchise will be made in the not too distant future, it's a pretty vague tease and could cover anything from yet another special edition home video release to spin off films, but I wouldn't be so quick to mourn/celebrate the end of the franchise just yet...

Part of me is still expecting a spin-off movie or TV series, though it seems like the release of BOFA-EE would have been the natural time to announce that, unless they plan on waiting a couple years for distance to make audience's hearts grow fond again. Otherwise I'm sure there will be a six movie combined box set, and it does make sense not to necessarily announce that at the same time as your three movie box set is being released. And it's possible people will finally get their LOTR Ultimate Edition extras at the same time.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:44 pm

Well Petty, as much as I would enjoy seeing a younger Galadriel amid the troubles brought about by Feanor and his sons, and the migration into Middle-Earth. (In particular the crossing of the Helcaraxe!) I think the most obvious story to be made into a film would be the story of Beren and Luthien, because of how satisfying it would be for Sauron's butt to be kicked so thoroughly, and simply because the story itself is quite compelling.

Other than that, I would just really like to see some of the mythical elements of the saga put onto the screen. Even if it was just the prologue to a film.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:50 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Well as we dont have any films to complain about lets pretend we do!

Lets imagine the Tolkien Estate has made not just the Sil but all Tolkiens writing available for adaptation.

What would you like ot see? How do you think it should be done? Who would you choose to direct? Who would you cast?

I've always had a soft spot for Helge Fauskanger's ideas for a Westernesse movie based on the Akallabeth and the War of the Last Alliance (see >here<). There's an obvious tie-in to LOTR via the FOTR prologue and it explains a lot of the references in the original trilogy. Plus I've always wanted to see more of Numenor. Though honestly the Last Alliance itself could be at least one movie.

I would personally rather not see individual character spin-offs from the time frame of LOTR and The Hobbit. I'm more interested in historical stuff I guess, like Cirion and Eorl too could be neat. But from a business perspective the more closeness to the original the better I suspect.

As a quick suggestion Ive always thought doing the Battle of the Fords of Isen from UT in the style of a straight history documentary would be both fun to see and an accurate way to get over the tone of the piece, which is very much like reading a history account of a famous battle, with the events pieced together after the events from the scraps of information available- as many modern history documentaries are presented- as a series of clues leading to conclusions.
And I would get Neil Oliver to present it.

This is a really neat idea and I do love approaching the study of Middle-earth similarly to real history, but even in a discussion of hypothetical examples, I'm not sure how broad its appeal goes. Razz {{{study}}}
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:37 pm

And it's possible people will finally get their LOTR Ultimate Edition extras at the same time. Eldo

oh my giddy aunt, I came over all goosebumpy at the mere thought! Razz cyclops cheers sunny :carrot:

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:39 pm

bounce for good measure.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:46 pm

maybe The children of Hurin, or Tom Bombadil adventures or Beren and Luthien. But what I would really like to see is The Hobbit.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:58 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:But what I would really like to see is The Hobbit.

i see what u did thar
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:11 pm

I think we'd all like to see The Hobbit. Sad

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:19 pm

RIP Bilbo

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:44 am

RIP Thorin (grumpily and stubbornly)

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:10 pm

Sad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next