Bluebottle
Tinuviel
Forest Shepherd
Pettytyrant101
shire_folk
20 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Battle of the Five Armies - Extended Edition - Page 11 Empty Re: Battle of the Five Armies - Extended Edition

Post by davidjoneshoward Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:44 pm

PettyTyant101 wrote:It had been late afternoon when they had left the mountain, and sunset when the eagles had rescued them, yet it had been sunrise almost immediately afterwards when the eagles set them down, even though they had only been flown for about an hour at most. And now it was what? Was this sunrise or sunset? He had no idea and no context to judge it from. He shrugged again and figured he would work it out but just then his thoughts were disturbed by a low growling.

It seems as of late, the reasoning behind the all over-the-place time is because of the lack of storyboards. I wouldn't be surprised if he was literally taking bits and pieces of old running shots used for a different scene. Speaking of which, when are you going to do the next Hobbit parody? They were so funny but after a while you seemed to stop making them Shrugging
davidjoneshoward
davidjoneshoward
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Battle of the Five Armies - Extended Edition - Page 11 Empty Re: Battle of the Five Armies - Extended Edition

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:00 pm

The problem with the parodies is that once you get to desolation of smaug there is nothing to parody. Its already on screen.
Part of the fun of the parody presenting is juxtaposition the book scene and character of Bilbo with whatever ridiculous version of the scene Pj has presented us with then exaggerating the difference for comedic effect.
But the films have so few scenes in common with the book it just becomes a parody of the film itself, and you cant exaggerate what Pj has done in say the barrels scene for comedic effect because its already so exaggerated as to be beyond parodying- there is no way to make it more ridiculous.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:32 pm

true. Nod
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:44 pm

Oh I can think of some ways we could make it more ridiculous...

I had forgotten about those parodies actually. It has been too long since you posted one Petty!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by davidjoneshoward Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:54 pm

Battle of the Five Armies - Extended Edition - Page 11 Abfec37bc4db24063fb63f0b68407ddd

It's time to put the Hobbit parodies aside, Petty. Become the man you were born to be and parody Lord of the Rings.
davidjoneshoward
davidjoneshoward
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:12 pm

Heck, Petty probably already has somewhere on here or another forum!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:10 am

davidjoneshoward wrote:It's time to put the Hobbit parodies aside, Petty. Become the man you were born to be and parody Lord of the Rings.

I'd second that. Very Happy Petty's Hobbit parody remains one of my favorites of its kind that I've read and doubles as an excellent work of criticism. Nod
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:52 am

Watched the 10hrs of extras, as always very enjoyable.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:23 am

Watched the ee film, after 10mins i wanted to turn it off, but the more i watched the better it got (could have been the wine )
Think the extra violence helped. 6 trolls getting decapitated by a Dwarf ridden Roman chariott was great.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:39 pm

Haven't seen ANY edition yet! cheers Have no idea what you're all talking about. Very Happy

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:56 am

Orwell wrote:Haven't seen ANY edition yet! cheers Have no idea what you're all talking about. Very Happy  

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:02 am

Oh good god. Neutral

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:03 am

Painful to imagine how many millions they spent on that, only to consign it to the trash heap where it belongs.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:10 am

"mad bastards" !? nice Tolkien like language there ! I think not ! Mad Amputated Limbs ? Decapitations ? And was that a reference to a Trolls doo-dads ?? This is monumentally the worst pile of SHAT I have witnessed so far !!!

Battle of the Five Armies - Extended Edition - Page 11 Despair1_zpsu5obxbyq

Battle of the Five Armies - Extended Edition - Page 11 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Battle of the Five Armies - Extended Edition - Page 11 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:47 am

chris63 wrote:
Orwell wrote:Haven't seen ANY edition yet! cheers Have no idea what you're all talking about. Very Happy  

2006 called, they want their CGI back.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:55 pm

Apart from how patently bad, in appropriate ect it is what is the point of it narratively? I mean the set up between Thorin and Dain is that Thorin needs to get to Ravenhill, but cant because of all the enemies inbetween, at which point the chariot shows up but after that it has nothing at all to do with getting to Ravenhill, or Thorin for that matter- what when they first put this in the script did they think it was supposed to be about?

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:28 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:  what when they first put this in the script did they think it was supposed to be about?

I suspect it was about including the goat-wagon in the story to provide thematic balance to the bunny-sled in the first movie. Rolling Eyes

Battle of the Five Armies - Extended Edition - Page 11 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  Battle of the Five Armies - Extended Edition - Page 11 UJpDi Battle of the Five Armies - Extended Edition - Page 11 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:45 pm

boy that's dire.

Battle of the Five Armies - Extended Edition - Page 11 DHpQc_zps5xwrkqzd
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:04 pm

David H wrote:

I suspect it was about including the goat-wagon in the story to provide thematic balance to the bunny-sled in the first movie. Rolling Eyes

JUST when I had forgotten about it! Mad

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:19 pm

Bunnlies are cute ! albino

Battle of the Five Armies - Extended Edition - Page 11 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Battle of the Five Armies - Extended Edition - Page 11 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:25 am

The "goat wagon" is probably inspired by Thor's mythical goat-drawn chariot. Except in this case, the animals pulling the chariot are actually bighorn sheep (okay, CGI bighorn sheep).

I like how Dáin can just stand there with lines of orcs marching all over the place Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Radaghast on Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total

http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
https://stopthesecrecy.net/

Battle of the Five Armies - Extended Edition - Page 11 WiuVcmi
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:03 am

Radaghast wrote: Except in this case, the animals pulling the chariot are actually bighorn sheep

Sheep. No doubt another PJ backhand to the Scots. Twisted Evil

Battle of the Five Armies - Extended Edition - Page 11 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  Battle of the Five Armies - Extended Edition - Page 11 UJpDi Battle of the Five Armies - Extended Edition - Page 11 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:35 am

I hear New Zealanders like big horny sheep. :brows:

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:26 pm

Laughing brings a whole new meaning to sheep dipping.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:00 pm

No doubt another PJ backhand to the Scots.- David

Hey!! Mind you it would just be another insult of Scots in the list of them, not to mention the insult to Tolkien in replacing his dwarven culture with a crude stereotype of a Scots one (which is far more offensive to me) Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next