WIN ‘THE HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG’ EXTENDED EDITION ON BLU-RAY 3D!

+6
azriel
Bluebottle
Eldorion
Mrs Figg
Ringdrotten
Film3SixtyMagazine
10 posters

Go down

WIN ‘THE HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG’ EXTENDED EDITION ON BLU-RAY 3D! Empty WIN ‘THE HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG’ EXTENDED EDITION ON BLU-RAY 3D!

Post by Film3SixtyMagazine Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:49 pm

To enter the competition, follow the following link: http://www.film3sixtymagazine.com/index.php/2014/10/27/win-the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug-extended-edition-on-blu-ray-3d/

Film3SixtyMagazine

Back to top Go down

WIN ‘THE HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG’ EXTENDED EDITION ON BLU-RAY 3D! Empty Re: WIN ‘THE HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG’ EXTENDED EDITION ON BLU-RAY 3D!

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:46 pm

For some reason I've got a feeling the winner won't be a Forumshire regular... Laughing

WIN ‘THE HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG’ EXTENDED EDITION ON BLU-RAY 3D! Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

WIN ‘THE HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG’ EXTENDED EDITION ON BLU-RAY 3D! Empty Re: WIN ‘THE HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG’ EXTENDED EDITION ON BLU-RAY 3D!

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:20 pm

Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:45 pm

Positivity, guys! Mad
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:03 pm

I think I remember being positive about something once. Shrugging

Helping? Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:37 pm

I meant no harm by it, but I can see how the first answer being a joke is not exactly the best way to start a thread off. Sorry about that, film3 (and Eldo, I know we don't always make the mod job very easy for you Smile ), there's just not that many fans of Jackson's adaptations around here, but you couldn't know that.

Last edited by Ringdrotten on Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos)

WIN ‘THE HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG’ EXTENDED EDITION ON BLU-RAY 3D! Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:29 pm

Really ? no fans of the impressive work Sir Royal Highness Peter " Im so wonderful" Jackson ?? Now you do surprise me ! Laughing
Actually its a shame really, if it had been a really good romping yarn I might be interested in a chance to win, but as its not, Im not Very Happy

WIN ‘THE HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG’ EXTENDED EDITION ON BLU-RAY 3D! Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

WIN ‘THE HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG’ EXTENDED EDITION ON BLU-RAY 3D! Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:59 pm

You're fine, Ringo. Smile Thanks for understanding though. ^_^
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:16 pm

I kept my mouth shut... Suspect
Well I mean A FREE copy of DOS. No real bad side to that. To be honest the price is reasonable IMO. Saucy Wink I mean I actually bought one copy which I'll have the 4th and was bought the digital download, by my wonderful wife. Who knows I love the EE and the behind the scenes stuff more than the actual films of the Hobbit. but still bought it for me none the less. Now LOTR was, I love BOTH.

But come on FREE... The price is surely right, almost like Bob Barker himself were promoting it cheers COME ON DOWN!!!!

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:18 pm

yeah free stuff is Always good
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:53 pm

Is it worth watching the EE? Does the 25 minutes improve pacing/characater arcs at all? I know Beorn/Thrain/The Deer are in, but I'm curious as to if I'd actually enjoy it...

Are the Special Features any good?

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:06 pm

DOS-EE is a big improvement over the theatrical version, if only because Mirkwood feels like it takes more than a day to get through (though the Dwarves' imprisonment is still very brief) and the Master's villainy in Lake-town makes a little bit of sense. But it's still not a good movie.

I didn't watch any of the special features.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:11 pm

Eldorion wrote:DOS-EE is a big improvement over the theatrical version, if only because Mirkwood feels like it takes more than a day to get through (though the Dwarves' imprisonment is still very brief) and the Master's villainy in Lake-town makes a little bit of sense.  But it's still not a good movie.

Well I wasn't really expecting an enthusiastic response to my question, but thanks anyway. It's still close to £20 on Blu Ray (I only paid about £7 for the AUJ EE), I'll probably wait till the box set...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:19 am

Mrs Figg wrote:yeah free stuff is Always good
Except STDs.
But most stuff!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:20 am

Eldorion wrote:DOS-EE is a big improvement over the theatrical version, if only because Mirkwood feels like it takes more than a day to get through (though the Dwarves' imprisonment is still very brief) and the Master's villainy in Lake-town makes a little bit of sense.  But it's still not a good movie.

Why not?? Suspect

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:31 am

Eldorion wrote:Positivity, guys! Mad

Where!?

nyuck nyuck nyuck What a Face

WIN ‘THE HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG’ EXTENDED EDITION ON BLU-RAY 3D! F0aNSWd

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:48 am

bungo: Laughing

Forest Shepherd wrote:Why not??  Suspect

I didn't buy a version that came with special features.  I had gotten the whole box set of AUJ and planned to watch through the docs, but I never got around to it.  I just couldn't bring myself to care enough to watch them instead of other things that I was more excited about.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:33 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:
Mrs Figg wrote:yeah free stuff is Always good
Except STDs.
But most stuff!

Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down