halfwise
TranshumanAngel
David H
Tinuviel
Eldorion
20 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer

Post by Tinuviel Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:12 pm

Whoops, more to add (tumblr is pretty helpful in terms of shot break downs)
There are a load of LOTR parallels. One was the head touching between Uncle and Nephew (or Niece in Eowyn's case) before they all get screwed. Legolas saying "bred for one purpose" I thought gee that sounds familiar, Two Towers anyone? Also, the last clips of the trailer are Leggy and Bolg fighting again, so maybe it's just unfinished business? The thing with this movie is that there were so many loose ends from the previous that in order to function it has to make sense! {{{{{Although LOST didn't seem to obey that principle...}}}}

The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer - Page 3 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer

Post by Tinuviel Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:15 pm

The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer - Page 3 Tumblr_inline_nemsgoraOW1rvolz4

He's breaking her bow, that's what's going on here.

The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer - Page 3 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:25 pm

Good catch. There seems to be a constant theme of portraying Thranduil as not completely in control of his emotions. And he does strange things like bringing an entire army all the way to the Lonely Mountain during the initial dragon attack, only to turn them all around and go back home.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:31 pm

I thought it was something dramatic but I wondered why. Found out shes got the hots for a Dwarf maybe ? Hey, Thrandy, it can work out, dont be so hard on her Wink

The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer - Page 3 Dwarfampwife_zpsa026ff1c

The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer - Page 3 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer - Page 3 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:39 pm

I feel peejers has taken the part of Thrandy that is a suspicious King & over blown it to make him paranoid ? & just a teeny weeny bit schizoid ? he doesnt actually come across as a fair minded King & seems to have a powerful lust for ( if rumor is correct ) a necklace ? Acts a bit extreme for a piece of jewelry ? And considering where he lives, there's a shed load of armoured Elves turned up ? A shed load turned up in AUJ just to march right back home again.

The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer - Page 3 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:50 pm

Someone posted this on TORn, I know Hobbits have some difficulty telling Elves apart but...

The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer - Page 3 Hobbit-clones

It's hopefully just a temporary placeholder for the trailer, but even so that is alot of effort (and money) for high grade copy and pasting...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:55 pm

Like I said, Elves fresh from the Clone Wars.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:59 pm

Shocked Yeah I noticed from the teaser they all had the same hair color...

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:02 pm

And I say Legolas has no personality...

Well, Thrandy's got his pet Moose back, fingers crossed Sebastian the Hedgehog makes a heroic cameo at Dull Guldooooorrr...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:16 pm

I forgot about Sebastian! Shocked

Yep, that will redeem all that came before if he rides in on the back of Beorn, triumphantly wielding a soup spoon or something.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:27 pm

wtf thats one Elf cloned hundreds of times. crapadoodle. I still dont get what Thrandy is doing to Tauriel
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:35 pm

He secretly lusts after her, but can't admit it. We're seeing a version of Shades of Grey played out - the controlling male theme. It's to get the female demographic subliminally and boost sales. That's what I think. Twisted Evil

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:49 pm

so its not a love triangle, its a love quadrangle with added bitchslaps
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:12 pm

He breaks her bow with is (sword? Not sure he swings something) probably because he's either a) pissed she meddled with the dwarves or b) wants her to shut up about said dwarves.

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:23 pm

halfwise wrote:I forgot about Sebastian!  Shocked

Yep, that will redeem all that came before if he rides in on the back of Beorn, triumphantly wielding a soup spoon or something.

How did you know about my Hobbit/Redwall crossover fanfiction epic, Halfy? Suspect
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by BN.filmz Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:05 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:wow two Whole seconds of Bilbo, and all the rest is Thorin problemz. Rolling Eyes

Actually the book is about everything happening around Bilbo - that's the adventure. This is the quest of the dwarves; it's not Bilbo's quest. And Thorin is the leader - not Bilbo. And Gandalf is their advisor - not Bilbo. Bilbo is OUR eyes; he's the ordinary guy, the one we can identify with. He does play an active part in much of the adventure - but he's not controlling the events. And he definitely only plays a very small part in the finale battle.

But besides that, it's just a trailer. So of course there are many glimpses of the conflict leading up to the battle and of the battle itself. I think, there's enough scenes with Bilbo: We see and hear him trying to reason with Thorin, we see him leave Erebor late at night, we see his reaction (just his facial expression) to the battle, he has another important line "When faced with death, what can anyone do?" and he's the last person we see in the trailer.

BN.filmz
Burglar

Back to top Go down

Post by BN.filmz Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:14 pm

Johnnyd wrote:The movie look fake  the CGI just keeps getting worse and worse look like a video game peter Jackson ruined the Hobbit.

You obviously haven't played many video games.

BN.filmz
Burglar

Back to top Go down

Post by BN.filmz Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:22 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Well its a nice editing job again. In terms of being a trailer its well done, like the AUJ one. But you disguise anything into looking good in a trailer, its what they are for.
And there is more than enough there to worry anyone who cares abut the book and are looking for hints as to likely content.

This post of yours actually sounds as if you're afraid, that someone would like the trailer and actually get interested in the movie - not just curious like most of the whiners here.

BN.filmz
Burglar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:31 pm

BN.filmz wrote:
Mrs Figg wrote:wow two Whole seconds of Bilbo, and all the rest is Thorin problemz. Rolling Eyes

Actually the book is about everything happening around Bilbo - that's the adventure. This is the quest of the dwarves; it's not Bilbo's quest. And Thorin is the leader - not Bilbo. And Gandalf is their advisor - not Bilbo. Bilbo is OUR eyes; he's the ordinary guy, the one we can identify with. He does play an active part in much of the adventure - but he's not controlling the events. And he definitely only plays a very small part in the finale battle.

Yeah in the BOOK it is, in the film its not, its about Thorin. I disagree its not Bilbo's Quest, I think it is as much his as the Dwarves quest. His Quest is just as important if not MORE important. They want wealth and territory and Bilbo wants adventure and to prove himself despite his inclination to have nothing to do with danger and just ignore the Took side. I also disagree that Bilbo is only a passive observer, what Bilbo decides to do DOES control events, he actually controls ALL the important events. The finding of the Ring, NOT Killing Gollum, becoming the defacto leader of the Group, saving the Dwarves lives on numerous occasions, rescuing the Dwarves from the dungeons so getting them to laketown, pissing Smaug off so much he goes and destroys Laketwon and then gets killed by Bard, Bilbo effectively kills Smaug, then he TAKES the Arkenstone. I am afraid its ALL about Bilbo and Thorin is just there for the 'message' at the end, ie lusting after riches at the expense of family and friends is a Bad Thing.  The film pretty much ignores all of this in favour of Thorin as pseudo-Aragorn.

But besides that, it's just a trailer. So of course there are many glimpses of the conflict leading up to the battle and of the battle itself. I think, there's enough scenes with Bilbo: We see and hear him trying to reason with Thorin, we see him leave Erebor late at night, we see his reaction (just his facial expression) to the battle, he has another important line "When faced with death, what can anyone do?" and he's the last person we see in the trailer.

er one second reaction shot with perplexed face, and one line of dialogue where he is referring to Thorin Problemz. .
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:47 pm

''like most of the whiners here''. BNfimz

Laughing Crabbit you mean? yeah theres a lot of that.

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:31 pm

:carrot: Im a whinner & proud of it ! Nod

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:29 pm

:carrot: We're ALL winners! Cheerleader We're ALL wi....wait, did I read that wrong? Suspect

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by BN.filmz Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:25 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:I disagree its not Bilbo's Quest, I think it is as much his as the Dwarves quest. His Quest is just as important if not MORE important. They want wealth and territory and Bilbo wants adventure and to prove himself despite his inclination to have nothing to do with danger and just ignore the Took side.

I think you know perfectly well, what I meant. I was referring to the Quest of Erebor, and that is not Bilbo's quest. Erebor is not his world or his kingdom. Gandalf and the company of dwarves are not going on this journey, because they think, that Bilbo should have a little adventure - no, they're going, because the dwarves wish to reclaim their homeland. And according to the Appendices of The Lord of the Rings and 'The Quest of Erebor' (featured in 'Unfinished Tale') Gandalf is going, because he'is afraid, that the Necromancer aka Sauron might use the dragon to terrible effect.

Anyway, the film adaptation manages brillantly to show us Bilbo going from being reluctant and homesick to being brave and energetic.

I also disagree that Bilbo is only a passive observer ...

Why are you twisting my words? I didn't say anything about Bilbo being "only" a passive observer. No, I said the opposite: "He does play an active part in much of the adventure"

what Bilbo decides to do DOES control events, he actually controls ALL the important events.

That's pure nonsense. He doesn't control much of what happens.

He does do a lot of heroic stuff. But that's not the point here. The point is, that he wouldn't have been on this journey, if it had not been for Gandalf and the dwarves. All of it was due to Gandalf and Thorin's decision. It's not Bilbo who decides "So now we will go to Lord Elrond in Rivendell." or "Now we will visit Beorn." or "Now we will travel through Mirkwood." or "Now we will fight against men and elves." or "Now we will fight against the goblins instead." It's always Gandalf or Thorin. Gandalf is the one who leads the dwarves, when they escape from Goblintown. And it's also Gandalf and the eagles who saves them when they're attacked by wolves/wargs.

So much of the stuff that is going on, is out of Bilbo's hands. He can only try to take one thing at a time.

pissing Smaug off so much he goes and destroys Laketwon and then gets killed by Bard, Bilbo effectively kills Smaug,

Did Bilbo WANT Smaug to destroy Lake Town? No. Did Bilbo know, that Bard would kill Smaug? No. ... That's not "controlling events". No, that's called "LOOSING control".

The film pretty much ignores all of this in favour of Thorin as pseudo-Aragorn.

No, the Hobbit films show us "Bilbo saving the day" several times: he buys time, so the trolls don't eat them, he saves Thorin's life, he kills the spiders and frees the dwarves, he arranges their escape from the elves (in barrels), he goes alone into Smaug's lair.

The movie version of Thorin is very different from Aragorn. Thorin is grumpy, stubborn and greedy, and he isn't willing to share with men and elves. Aragorn isn't like that, neither in PJ's trilogy, nor in the books. So it makes no sense calling him "pseudo-Aragorn". It's an unfounded statement.

one second reaction shot with perplexed face, and one line of dialogue where he is referring to Thorin Problemz.

No. Let's stick to the facts:

(1) We see and hear him trying to reason with Thorin

(2) we see him leave Erebor late at night

(3) we see his reaction (just his facial expression) to the battle

(4) he has another important line "When faced with death, what can anyone do?"

(5) he's the last person we see in the trailer. We see him put on the ring.

BN.filmz
Burglar

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:36 pm

and then we all go home to tea & scones Very Happy jam anyone ?

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by BN.filmz Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:40 pm

azriel wrote:and then we all go home to tea & scones Very Happy  jam anyone ?

That will be a bit difficult, since I'm in Denmark. ... But I do like scones with small pieces of chocolate. I usually eat them and drink Red Bull, while I watch haters of PJ's movies getting burned to death in my backyard. Twisted Evil

BN.filmz
Burglar

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next