halfwise
TranshumanAngel
David H
Tinuviel
Eldorion
20 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer - Page 8 Empty Re: The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:22 pm

Johnnyd wrote:The movie look fake  the CGI just keeps getting worse and worse look like a video game peter Jackson ruined the Hobbit.
Use some bloody punctuation!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer - Page 8 Empty Re: The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:31 pm

Eldorion wrote:
halfwise wrote:I forgot about Sebastian!  Shocked

Yep, that will redeem all that came before if he rides in on the back of Beorn, triumphantly wielding a soup spoon or something.

How did you know about my Hobbit/Redwall crossover fanfiction epic, Halfy?  Suspect
Laughing
Redwall references, here of all places. I love it!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:37 pm

BN.filmz wrote:
azriel wrote:and then we all go home to tea & scones Very Happy  jam anyone ?

That will be a bit difficult, since I'm in Denmark. ... But I do like scones with small pieces of chocolate. I usually eat them and drink Red Bull, while I watch haters of PJ's movies getting burned to death in my backyard. Twisted Evil
Whoa, haha, how nice to come back to this.

I don't like that kind of humour, cut it out!

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:40 pm

You dont like Jam ? Shocked
Or you dont like scones scratch

The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer - Page 8 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer - Page 8 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:47 pm

The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer - Page 8 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:52 pm

That immediately springs to mind the Hobbit mickey take, accompanied by vuvuzela's Laughing

The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer - Page 8 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:54 pm

*impromptu football game breaks out*

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:54 pm

lol!

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:55 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:

WTF?!?! was that? slap laugh slap laugh slap laugh slap laugh slap laugh slap laugh

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:47 am

azriel wrote:
This and the scene that was above this one (in which Gandalf meets Thrain) are both entirely awful. In this Thrain is snatched away by Sauron like so much confetti and emits that retarded stock-screaming sound, which has a name that I cannot recall at the moment, while Thrain's first appearance uses the idiotic blurry-figure-running-through-the-foreground cliche that has appeared in pretty much every single horror film ever. The crazed dwarf's gurgly breathing is strongly reminiscent of Gollum, and the fact that he is left to run loose around the ruins of Dol Guldur is insanely stupid. So much for being a prisoner, he is clearly the local pet-ghoul instead.
WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!!!!

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:56 am

BN.filmz wrote:
Mrs Figg wrote:
BN.filmz wrote:

The film pretty much ignores all of this in favour of Thorin as pseudo-Aragorn.

The movie version of Thorin is very different from Aragorn. Thorin is grumpy, stubborn and greedy, and he isn't willing to share with men and elves. Aragorn isn't like that, neither in PJ's trilogy, nor in the books. So it makes no sense calling him "pseudo-Aragorn". It's an unfounded statement.

No its not unfounded. lets get our facts straight here, when we first meet the two characters;

Aragorn. Wandering warrior in reduced circumstances.  Thorin. Wandering warrior in reduced circumstances.

Aragorn. Noble once and future king type.  Thorin. Noble once and future king type

Aragorn. On a Quest.  Thorin. On a Quest.

Aragorn heartthrob with big famous sword.  Thorin. hearthrob with big famous sword.  Saucy Wink

I rest my case milud.

Oh, I did not know that your opinion was based on such superficial and irrelevant things. I thought, we were talking about character traits. In other words: things that really defines a person.

Mind you, that everything (which is not so much, after all  Very Happy ) in your inadequate and rather bland description of Thorin is taken directly from Tolkien's books. So what you really are saying, is that Tolkien created a pseudo-Aragorn! ..... (But since 'The Hobbit' was written first, it's gotta be Aragorn who is a Pseudo-Thorin.)

Your kind of logic is really strange. Let's try the same thing with Elrond and Thranduil:

Elrond. A leader of elves. His kingdom is set amidst some beautiful natural surroundings. Thranduil. A leader of elves. His kingdom is set amidst some beautiful natural surroundings.

Elrond. A great warrior and commander. Thranduil. A great warrior and commander.

Elrond. He has lived for many, many centuries and has fought side by side with humans. Thranduil. He has lived for centuries and has fought side by side with humans.

Elrond. While he doesn't seem to have a wife anymore, he does have children. Thranduil. While he doesn't seem  to have a wife anymore, he does have a child.

So Thranduil is a Pseudo-Elrond.

I'm a little sorry, and mostly because Eldo will take offense for BN. (BN will not take offense, as he has said similar things about other users.)
But I'm going to nickname BN, "Wormtongue". Their style of debate is quite similar.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:01 am

Shocked And they even used the line "we are legion." How presumptuous!

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:15 am

halfwise wrote:Shocked   And they even used the line "we are legion."  How presumptuous!

And here I thought the "we are legion" line, was awful in the Ghostrider film Extremely Crabbit pub
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:17 am

BN.filmz wrote:
My "Jackson crush"??

And people here say, that I am rude??!

I love the films. I don't love the man. And I don't love all of his movies. ... How would you feel, if I started using expressions like "your Tolkien crush"?

I'd be like, yeah man, I'd date him if he was living and we were the same age.
But a plump New Zealander who doesn't trust haircuts? No thanks.

Of course if we were talking about their respective work as the object of the crush, then I would gladly accept the idea that I am quite in love with Tolkien's works.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:24 am

Of course if we were talking about their respective work as the object of the crush, then I would gladly accept the idea that I am quite in love with Tolkien's works.

Nod yeah me too Forest Thumbs Up

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:33 am

Sinister71 wrote:
halfwise wrote:Shocked   And they even used the line "we are legion."  How presumptuous!

And here I thought the "we are legion" line, was awful in the Ghostrider film Extremely Crabbit   pub

Though I haven't seen it, I gather from involvement of the Devil that the line would at least have been in context in that movie.

Tolkien did not want direct lines drawn between Middle Earth and Christianity.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:38 am

azriel wrote:You dont like Jam ? Shocked
Or you dont like scones scratch
It's funny but reading this comment I felt like I was suffering from a mental condition and had imagined that BN said he enjoyed these refreshments while watching critics of Peter Jackson's being burned to death. I mean everyone just mentioned the food. Razz It was like one of those silly moments in a psycho-thriller where the main character realizes only they can hear the voices.
Anyway, my gut reaction was to be all high-and-mighty and say something about how terrible such a comment was, but the little experience I've had in my short life kicked in once I had posted to remind myself that it really wasn't a big deal.
So no worries BN, I don't take any offense!

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:59 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I guess the whole notion of orcs and daylight has finally gone out the window then?

I'm pretty sure that ship sailed when PJ decided to make the bulk of the Siege of Gondor a daylight battle (IIRC to distinguish it visually from Helm's Deep), although he left in the smoke cloud from Mount Doom before the battle began.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:00 am

feanor 1999 wrote:As to mentioning GDTs 'Input', do you think that its to try and deflect the effect of any negative (in places like here anyways) criticism about the covens 'Tinkering' with script, and just about everything else to do with TH, and an attempt to pull in GDTs OWN fans, like, say, the Hellboy crowd ? As the comic-book crowd wouldnt necessarily go for Tolkien I think. I mean, GDT's feted like a god in the Sci-fi fantasy film world. Especially by the comic-con audiences. Which makes him a convenient fall-Guy to take a disproportionate amount of the blame when we watch it and say how much we think it sucks

Most of the comic book fans I know like LOTR too, or at the very least have seen all the movies. And I doubt PJ is all that worried about what his critics in the fandom are saying.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:02 am

Forest Shepherd wrote:Laughing

Redwall is the bomb. I devoured the books when I was younger. I was just re-watching some of the animated series recently, too, and that still holds up surprisingly well.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:32 am

Billy Connolly as Dain-

The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer - Page 8 Billy-Connolly_zps11842890

and conformation that PJ at least isnt screwing with his role (well too much anyway)-

“I’m the king of the dwarves. I become a king when they kill the old one so at the end of the battle, I come into my own.
I’m not in the film all that long but I am important."- Daily Record

And he even looks like a proper dwarf! Shocked (Cant see the top of his head mind you but it doesnt look like a mohawk style hairdo either).

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:56 am

That's not Billy Connolly.  That's an image from the LOTR Trading Card Game that was released 13 years ago.

http://lotrtcgwiki.com/wiki/lotr14001
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:03 am

Well thats poor of the Daily Record then, they caption that picture-  Billy as dwarf Dain Ironfoot in The Hobbit.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/celebrity/billy-connolly-turned-wee-yin-4510685

Explains why he looks like an actual Tolkien dwarf mind you.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:04 am

Well it could have been worse, like this BBC report about the UNSC (that's the United Nations Security Council for those of you keeping score at home). Very Happy

The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer - Page 8 PpOe60O

Spoiler:
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:14 am

Eldorion wrote:
Forest Shepherd wrote:Laughing

Redwall is the bomb.  I devoured the books when I was younger.  I was just re-watching some of the animated series recently, too, and that still holds up surprisingly well.
There... there's an animated series???

And yeah Petty, I was going to say, no way in heck is that Billy Connolly. Besides, we've seen that image around already haven't we?

Edit:
I watched part of the first episode and it seems alright. The animation is pretty good and the voices acting works.
My first Redwall book was actually Mossflower. It's by far my favourite. It doesn't suffer any of the strange beginning inconsistencies of Redwall (I mean, a horse? and hundreds of rats riding a hay cart? and there are cows?) and it hasn't begun to suffer from series exhaustion that made the later books a bit tired in their character archetypes. The atmosphere is just perfect as well. Introducing Gonff as the first character and throwing him in prison with Martin was captivating storytelling to my young mind. It's very nicely varied as well.

And by varied I don't only mean that there is a nice variety of season, location, type of action (battle, imprisonment, escape, siege, quest, investigation, guerrilla warfare, rest) but also some variety in moral shades. For the most part the "vermin" are evil (with a few exceptions) while the good creatures are good (with some exceptions, think of the Gawktrybe or whatever from Martin the Warrior). But in Mossflower we have an excellent tri-part of moral shades in the three wildcats. The father is stern and hard, the son is kind and compassionate, and the daughter is utterly cruel.

To be perfectly honest, Redwall's message of pacifism always bothered me a bit, so reading about a time before it was founded was nice too. It's much more interesting to be rooting for the one's trying to defeat the evil fortress, something that generally never happened again in the series. (I suppose there was that Wolf fortress or whatever it was up North, but that was really just Mossflower-Lite. And Redwall and Salamandastron were taken over a couple times.)
I got a little bit frustrated with the peaceful Redwallers. There were only so many times I could handle them giving shelter to a couple vermin only to have the pair end up murdering some fat friar in the night over candlesticks or something.

I know what you mean though, I also devoured them. They were the only series that I could convince my parents to get for me, and bringing home the next book was the best feeling.

2nd Edit:
How about that, three more Redwall books I never read.  study
And Castaways of the Flying Dutchman became a trilogy!  Shocked
And Brian Jacques actually died three years ago!!  Crying or Very sad

"He never felt that he fit the image of a writer sitting in his garden. Nonetheless he was deeply touched by his success at reaching children. He was also pleased to be recognized by the people of Liverpool."
-Wikipedia
Sounds like a sweet guy. Sad

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next