halfwise
TranshumanAngel
David H
Tinuviel
Eldorion
20 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer - Page 10 Empty Re: The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer

Post by halfwise Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:39 pm

As I asked on another thread, have you tried walking yet? If already answered elsewhere no need to elaborate.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer - Page 10 Empty Re: The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer

Post by Eldorion Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:40 pm

I'm glad you're back in commission -- or at least, able to be crabbit online -- so soon, Sin. Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:43 pm

Director's commentary over the weekend for DOS, and the part where they were discussing Tauriel and Kili's love story was hilarious. It is now clear that this whole story arc was Philppa's doing. It was so funny hearing Peter trying to distance himself from it, and then reluctantly admitting that he did sign off on the story too.... poor poor Peter. He knew the fan reaction, but just couldn't say no to Philppa.

Some one on TORn posted this, which I found funny. I mean Jackson is a writer too AND the director. I'm sorry but he should have grown a pair of balls. And put the untalented Boyens in her place. THAT is the problem with working with friends, you don't want to step on toes. Me personally would have stomped on her foot and said the romance bullshit is not going in my film. Tough shit get over it. Hell I just had some spine removed, maybe Jackson needs it As the director he should have taken control of the film and what he puts on the screen. I mean really, Jackson's films are at their best when he sticks to what Tolkien wrote. You would have thought he realized that with all his LOTR changes that got changed back to something closer to the book.

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:51 pm

halfwise wrote:As I asked on another thread, have you tried walking yet?  If already answered elsewhere no need to elaborate.

Yeah but just short ones, roughly 10 feet from the bed to the bathroom. And then I have to use a walker. pale  I move pretty slow.
The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer - Page 10 <a href=The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer - Page 10 14028410" />

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:16 pm

A visitor to a mental institution asks the director how they decided which patients should be kept in.

The director replies, "We fill up a bath, then offer the patient a teaspoon, teacup or a bucket and ask them to empty the bathtub."

The visitor then says, "Oh, I see - a normal person would choose the bucket because it's the biggest."

The director responds, "No, a normal person would pull the fucking plug out. Would you like a bed near the window?"

The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer - Page 10 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer - Page 10 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:20 pm

Sin! Liking the hair. Very Biker. Looks like you could put on a serious crabbitude when called upon....

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:46 pm

halfwise wrote:Sin!  Liking the hair. Very Biker.  Looks like you could put on a serious crabbitude when called upon....

Nod I agree, thats crabbit made flesh. Kissing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:47 pm

Glad it all went well, sin, and that you'll be back home so soon. Must have something to do with that epic beardness Nod

The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer - Page 10 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:27 pm

Sinister71 wrote:Director's commentary over the weekend for DOS, and the part where they were discussing Tauriel and Kili's love story was hilarious. It is now clear that this whole story arc was Philppa's doing. It was so funny hearing Peter trying to distance himself from it, and then reluctantly admitting that he did sign off on the story too.... poor poor Peter. He knew the fan reaction, but just couldn't say no to Philppa.

Some one on TORn posted this, which I found funny. I mean Jackson is a writer too AND the director. I'm sorry but he should have grown a pair of balls. And put the untalented Boyens in her place. THAT is the problem with working with friends, you don't want to step on toes. Me personally would have stomped on her foot and said the romance bullshit  is not going in my film. Tough shit  get over it. Hell  I just had some spine removed, maybe Jackson needs it As the director he should have taken control of the film and what he puts on the screen. I mean really, Jackson's films are at their best when he sticks to what Tolkien wrote. You would have thought he realized that with all his LOTR changes that got changed back to something closer to  the book.

Glad to see the crabbit cannot be kept down. Very Happy Get well soon! Cheerleader Cheerleader Cheerleader

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:24 pm

Glad the surgery went well Sin, get well soon, (evidently even Spinal Surgery can't keep the crabbit down!) Very Happy Cheerleader

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by ElendilTheShort Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:40 am

Sinister71 wrote:
Mrs Figg wrote:''Frann and I always loved the little thread in The Lord of the Rings storyline about the devotion of Gimli - a rough, doughtly Dwarf- for the Lady Galadriel. There was something about that story of a love that could never be, that spoke to the idea that you can find attraction anywhere and it can be surprising''. Jackson The Idiot

F You Banghead  Extremely Crabbit  Suspect  No  Rolling Eyes  Evil or Very Mad  Mad

HOW VERY DARE THEY sully Gimli's memory with this drivel.

Yeah it is pretty pathetic... Twisted Evil  I mean seriously poor story telling to bring emotions and feeling in from LOTR from completely different characters. Then expect people to just buy it. Boyens is an untalented person who is only working on scripts because of her friendship with Jackson and Walsh. Her writing socks and is damaging to the genius that Tolkien wrote.

wasn't LOTR her first script writing gig?!?! I like it when her Tolkien street cred is paraded by the production crew and the fanfiction purveyors, then nek minnit we hear "galadriel is the most powerful being in ME at the time of the hobbit.........crickets chirping, tumbleweed rolling by, a solitary cough can be heard from the back of the hall.

ElendilTheShort
Lucky Number

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:44 am

ElendilTheShort wrote:
Sinister71 wrote:
Mrs Figg wrote:''Frann and I always loved the little thread in The Lord of the Rings storyline about the devotion of Gimli - a rough, doughtly Dwarf- for the Lady Galadriel. There was something about that story of a love that could never be, that spoke to the idea that you can find attraction anywhere and it can be surprising''. Jackson The Idiot

F You Banghead  Extremely Crabbit  Suspect  No  Rolling Eyes  Evil or Very Mad  Mad

Yeah it is pretty pathetic... Twisted Evil  I mean seriously poor story telling to bring emotions and feeling in from LOTR from completely different characters. Then expect people to just buy it. Boyens is an untalented person who is only working on scripts because of her friendship with Jackson and Walsh. Her writing socks and is damaging to the genius that Tolkien wrote.

wasn't LOTR her first script writing gig?!?! I like it when her Tolkien street cred is paraded by the production crew and the fanfiction purveyors, then nek minnit we hear "galadriel is the most powerful being in ME at the time of the hobbit.........crickets chirping, tumbleweed rolling by, a solitary cough can be heard from the back of the hall.

Yeah that was her first screenwriting as far as we know... just proves it's all WHO you know not WHAT you know. And you don't have to be good at writing at all. Personally any of her additions that are known to be hers are by far the WORST additions to the films, and her comments about trying to justify them come across as someone who is an idiot, a COMPLETE IDIOT.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and compliments. The hair is only 2 years old, it all fell out with the stomach cancer back a couple years ago. I have refused to cut it since. Normally I only have a goatee, but here where I live men do what we call "no shave November " this is my first one. I actually shaved on Oct 31 to start November with a clean slate (on the sides)... and yes I am a biker and can be very crabbit  at times, my kids can vouche for me on that.

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:48 am

Ringdrotten wrote:Glad it all went well, sin, and that you'll be back home so soon. Must have something to do with that epic beardness Nod

The stubbornness of dwarfs heh? Very Happy considering I'm 6'2" Shrugging well it worked for Armitage. Saucy Wink

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:59 am

bungobaggins wrote:
Sinister71 wrote: Hell  I just had some spine removed, maybe Jackson needs it As the director he should have taken control of the film

Glad to see the crabbit cannot be kept down. Very Happy Get well soon! Cheerleader Cheerleader Cheerleader

I don't see that as crabbit I see that as common sense and being able to stand up for yourself. I guess Fran has Peter pussywhipped and he ain't got a pair of balls to stand up to his wife/partner, since they are probably kept in her purse. If I had a dollar for every time I slept on the couch for pissing my wife off, for not giving in to her whims. I would be a VERY RICH man. I mean really they get over it when you piss them off. I might have more respect for PJ if he had balls enough to tell her (or them) no. Even if they did gang up on him. Director=chief, tell the Indians to STFU and do what they are told to write. Easy as that for a man with a vision and a pair of balls

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:27 pm

ElendilTheShort wrote:
Sinister71 wrote:

what saved her ass in LOTR was the fact they had actual Tolkien books to draw on, they could use chunks of them in the dialogue so mostly everything had a ring of authenticity to it, TH is mostly fanfiction filler material, AND IT SHOWS. The parts of LOTR I am less keen on were always the bits invented by PJ & co, eg escaping Rohan kids, Warg attacks, etc. When they used Tolkien words it was amazing.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:52 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:
ElendilTheShort wrote:
Sinister71 wrote:

what saved her ass in LOTR was the fact they had actual Tolkien books to draw on, they could use chunks of them in the dialogue so mostly everything had a ring of authenticity to it, TH is mostly fanfiction filler material,  AND IT SHOWS. The parts of LOTR I am less keen on were always the bits invented by PJ & co, eg escaping Rohan kids, Warg attacks, etc.  When they used Tolkien words it was amazing.

Yeah I agree figgs the fanfiction in the Hobbit sticks out like a sore thumb. Quite obvious and extremely bad, but if you look at the material Jackson cut last time in LOTR because he leaned back to the source material. It shows that his poor taste had always been there, just this time around Jackson knew it was his last hurrah into middle earth so he felt he could get away with anything he could cram into these new films. And sadly there were/are too many fanboys /girls that feed Jackson's ego making him aware that he can get away with this crap and his worshippers will support his poor decisions. Goes to prove people don't are a out the quality of what they get for Middle Earth films as long as they get more of it. Which I find quite sad. I would rather see less on film but a higher quality following Tolkien's material instead of Jackson's made up garbage.

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:44 pm

Someone on TORn has claimed they have seen an early unfinished cut of BOTFA:

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=797406;sb=post_time;so=DESC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;guest=124869805

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=797524;sb=post_time;so=DESC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;guest=124869805

Personally, I have learned not to place too much faith in sources like this, but alot of that does sounds plausible if Jackson is going for a shorter film this time around (we might even end up with the longest EE yet..), I guess he cast Connoly because of his stand up, not his underrated acting credentials...

Shorter, tighter film, rather than a sprawling mess, with Thorin and Bilbo front and center? I could possibly enjoy that...

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:53 pm

malickfan wrote:Someone on TORn has claimed they have seen an early unfinished cut of BOTFA:

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=797406;sb=post_time;so=DESC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;guest=124869805

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=797524;sb=post_time;so=DESC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;guest=124869805

Personally, I have learned not to place too much faith in sources like this, but alot of that does sounds plausible if Jackson is going for a shorter film this time around (we might even end up with the longest EE yet..), I guess he cast Connoly because of his stand up, not his underrated acting credentials...

Shorter, tighter film, rather than a sprawling mess, with Thorin and Bilbo front and center? I could possibly enjoy that...

I saw that, I think News from Bree found out it was BS and posted a follow up on that. cheers

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:59 pm

Sinister71 wrote:
I saw that, I think News from Bree found out it was BS and posted a follow up on that. cheers

Not yet, that was the 4chan thing I posted yesterday, even if this is true (some of it sounds plausible, more so than the other thing, I can't see even PJ having Thorin jump off a cliff...) the studio couldn't confirm could they...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:11 pm

And someone on IMDB claiming they were one of the fan contest winners:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2310332/board/flat/237063045?p=1&licb=0.494653950445354

(I am more and more convinced that this 'secret cameo' I've read about a few times is mostly likely to be Viggo Mortensen back as Aragorn...though I rather doubt alot of it is true, it's a heck of alot to fit into 145 minutes...)

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:56 pm

malickfan wrote:And someone on IMDB claiming they were one of the fan contest winners:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2310332/board/flat/237063045?p=1&licb=0.494653950445354

(I am more and more convinced that this 'secret cameo' I've read about a few times is mostly likely to be Viggo Mortensen back as Aragorn...though I rather doubt alot of it is true, it's a heck of alot to fit into 145 minutes...)

oh please NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Viggo wouldnt do it No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:52 pm

The 4chan poster said there was a cameo "they didn't want to spoil." The IMDb guy says the same thing. They also said Tauriel dies before the big battle, which we know is false. This is the same guy taking all these people for a ride.

Although I think the torn poster is a different person.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:18 pm

The TORn poster doesn't make any claims about the film that immediately raise red flags, but it's impossible to say at this point whether he just made plausible-sounding guesses based on PJ's known trends, or whether he's telling the truth. For what it's worth, this guy also claimed to have seen AUJ early (and then didn't make any posts for two years after that thread and before his current one), but he didn't go into any specifics there so I can't judge the accuracy of that claim either.

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=532339;#532339
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:31 pm

ElendilTheShort wrote:wasn't LOTR her first script writing gig?!?! I like it when her Tolkien street cred is paraded by the production crew and the fanfiction purveyors, then nek minnit we hear "galadriel is the most powerful being in ME at the time of the hobbit.........crickets chirping, tumbleweed rolling by, a solitary cough can be heard from the back of the hall.

As far as I know, LOTR was indeed Boyens' first professional screenwriting job.  She had previously worked in New Zealand theatre, as I recall.  She got the LOTR job because her (then?) partner, Stephen Sinclair, was a PJ collaborator going back to the indie days (and who had also dated Fran Walsh in the '80s).  His brother, Harry Sinclair, was part of PJ's extended circle as well, and played Isildur in FOTR.  Stephen Sinclair had been brought on to help PJ and Fran Walsh write the scripts at a very early stage in the project, and when he had to leave due to other professional obligations, Boyens stepped in.  She's been the most vocal about her love for Tolkien and the books (especially since PJ hasn't even tried to pretend to have been a fan of The Hobbit), though she's also the most vocal defender of the changes made to the stories.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10