halfwise
TranshumanAngel
David H
Tinuviel
Eldorion
20 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer - Page 2 Empty Re: The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer

Post by halfwise Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:59 pm

As Petty points out it's hard to judge from a trailer, and we've seen other shots of wheelbarrowing armies and such that cast the opposite light, but judging from the trailer alone it looks like a visual feast.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer - Page 2 Empty Re: The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:13 pm

whats with Thrandy beating up Tauriel? and her being thrown against a wall? I am glad you guys can see the positive but I thought it was derivative sub par lotr dross.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:24 pm

They've already made Thrandy out to be a world class dick, so I guess I shrugged that off as lost.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:28 pm

I didn't get a chance to catch the trailer, but it seems Bilbo is absent once again from many of the BOFA posters...

I can honestly say I'm eager to get this sh*t over with...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:29 pm

the poster features Thorin. looking noble. Rolling Eyes
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:33 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:the poster features Thorin. looking noble. Rolling Eyes

I will be seriously tempted to cheer when he bites the dust...

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:53 pm

AHHHH I CAN'T BELIEVE I MISSED IT!!!!!!!!!! I'm assuming it will still be posted when it said it was though, right??? Ugh. How long was it??

The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer - Page 2 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:01 pm

Yeah! Mad
Why do they pull trailers anyway?
Isn't the idea that they want people to watch them so they'll build buzz for the upcoming release?
What good is suppressing your own trailer? scratch

The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer - Page 2 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer - Page 2 UJpDi The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer - Page 2 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:08 pm

Just saw it, and I have to say it looked very good (as far as trailers go that is). The movie itself seems much more interesting than the other two, which sadly I have to say is because it seems to have forsaken the book entirely. At this point however, I'd rather have a good Middle Earth movie (which they continuously seem to call it) than a terrible Hobbit Adaptation.

The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer - Page 2 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:09 pm

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:19 pm

Was that a weapon that Thrandy rapped across Tauriels face ??
( at 1.52 )

The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnnyd Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:22 pm

The movie look fake the CGI just keeps getting worse and worse look like a video game peter Jackson ruined the Hobbit.

Johnnyd
Lucky Number

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:23 pm

The trailer looks epic, it shows peejers really IS gonna throw everything AND the kitchen sink at us, He's not leaving ME, he didnt keep entirely true to ME, he's leaving his own private world.

The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:30 pm

Tinuviel wrote:

Very nicely edited trailer, definitely seems more epic than the first two films, thankfully crazy GGI ninja fights were thin on the ground and always nice to see Sir Christopher Lee crop up 'Leave Sauron to Me' Hmm what can we make of that, given Saruman's downfall? If you watch LOTR first PJ's still goign to have to make his betrayal a surprise....Judging by this and what I've seen elsewhere it seems the BOTFA will be smaller in scale than ROTK but bigger in terms of complexity, though a disturbing lack of Dain (hopefully it's a surprise worth waiting for) and crabbit inducing Tauriel/Fili shizzle. No Smaug either, I guess the audience knows by this point he is killed off early. So...the Ringwraiths are in...cue more LOTR rehashing. Gandalf seems to be wearing Narya on his hand...come on PJ all will be forgiven (not really) if you slide in a reference to Cirdan...

But All in all my abiding feeling was still Shrugging I can't help but feel Jackson will treat this more of a self indulgent send off for fans of LOTR than a suitable way to close off Bilbo's story, I really hope he resisits the urge to out do LOTR, this is almost certainly his send off to Middle Earth I just hope he does something interesting with it.

I'd class my feelings as 50% relieved Jackson's versions are ending 20% Looking forward in a morbidly curious way 15% Sad it's ending and 15% Wondering what comes next...

Last edited by malickfan on Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:38 pm

For those who were wondering why the first post of the trailer was yanked, it was clearly a bootleg copy taken with a handheld camera.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:45 pm

halfwise wrote:For those who were wondering why the first post of the trailer was yanked, it was clearly a bootleg copy taken with a handheld camera.

I didn't miss much...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:47 pm

Wait a minute! That wasn't the music in the bootleg trailer that showed up this morning! Shocked (the morning music was based on the Misty Mountains Cold theme, and was much better.)

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:14 pm

I thought the music was the same. I still like the trailer, but I know from experience that Jackson will find some way to disappoint or piss me off.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:15 pm

Alright, I caved and watched it on my phone during my break just now. It was a good trailer but I'm not seeing anything radically unexpected that would change my expectations of the film. I'm glad we've got more of a mix of reactions now than we did over the summer, though. Smile

I'll post a fuller response once I get to watch the trailer on a better screen and with less ambient noise.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:18 pm

I'm away from my laptop until tomorrow evening. Can anyone tell if the Nazgul are real people in costume or CGI?

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:27 pm

bungobaggins wrote:I'm away from my laptop until tomorrow evening. Can anyone tell if the Nazgul are real people in costume or CGI?

I can't tell, they look like CGI to me, presumably based on Motion Capture

The Battle of the Five Armies, final trailer - Page 2 UHLx9Bh

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:31 pm

Thanks Malick. I remembering they used real people in FOTR when Frodo put on the ring at Amon Sul. Guess they just went for cost efficiency which is unfortunate as I really liked those designs in FOTR.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:39 pm

bungobaggins wrote:Thanks Malick. I remembering they used real people in FOTR when Frodo put on the ring at Amon Sul. Guess they just went for cost efficiency which is unfortunate as I really liked those designs in FOTR.

Jackson mentioned on one of the commentaries he probably would have gone for CGI ringwraiths in LOTR if they had the resources/tech back then, considering the budget is probably going to clock in north of $800 million for the Hobbit trilogy I don't think cost efficincy was one of his priorities this time around, more likely than not he simply embraced an 'easier' way of doing stuff coming off the CG heavy King Kong and Lovely Bones.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by TranshumanAngel Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:12 pm

Hmmmm, looks a tad CG-infested but otherwise interesting. The Elvish army looks cool. I'm not sure about the colour pallet - they seem to be going for a washed out golden tinge that seems to soak everything. Not sure about that. Otherwise has piqued my interest but hasn't heightened my expectations very much.
TranshumanAngel
TranshumanAngel
Burglar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:31 pm

Ok I've watched it a couple times now, so here are my more detailed thoughts:

I despise how the first quarter of the trailer is all about Thorin being a moron. The only Bilbo parts are with him scolding Thorin (and some other people too later on not sure who though).
Bard appears to be holding a bow in the few bits we see from Lake Town, so I'm wondering if the whole wind-lance thing will be botched.
Thranduil saying "I've come to get what's mine" makes me think that little article about the necklace from AUJ having sentimental value to Thranduil is true.
It also appears that Legolas and Tauriel meet up again (when and how I can't fathom, especially since Bolg is very much not dead so I'm assuming Leggy just says "ah forget it" and turns around?) and scout Dol Guldur by the looks of it, or some other fortress (what that would be I'm not sure) bringing the bats into it. Honestly I can't really figure how they get from Laketown to where-ever they are in this trailer nor why they leave. In the teaser they are definitely around after the Dragon attack. Maybe it's to finish their "mission" of finishing off the orcs.
The White Council bit seems like it could be cool, not really sure. I'm assuming Galadriel does something to free Gandalf that wipes her out (which would explain why they are both on the ground) though she's apparently crying into Elrond's leg while Saruman says "leave Sauron to me" Still hoping for a Luthien vs. Angband kind of thing.
Then, Thorin saying "Everything I did, I did for them" with a shot of Kili and him, ummm what? So is he trying to justify gold sickness and being a complete ass hole most of the time to trying to reclaim a place for his nephews? Because that is backed by absolutely NOTHING FROM THE PREVIOUS FILMS! He flat out left them both behind in Laketown where the dragon went to kill everyone. More importantly, he LEFT THEM BEHIND! Very obvious attempt by PJ to work the emotions of the audience before killing them all off.
Everything else happened pretty quickly, but nothing really caught my eye as being bad. I have no idea what Thranduil slashed at Tauriel, and IMO was a really poor angled shot to put in a trailer. I enjoyed Kili yelling at Thorin because it was nice to see someone yelling at Thorin besides Gandalf. The Killiel stuff doesn't bug me so much anymore. Not because I approve of it (WHICH I DON'T!) but because I think the romantic implications will be played down a bit more. There's no set up needed anymore so the screenwriters (hopefully) will avoid clunky introductions.
The color of everything looks so much better than the DOS and AUJ trailers. I don't feel like I'm watching an obnoxious animated movie, but more like a really good video game. Still to much CG, but the colors are at least appropriately dim. The giant trolls look dumb as hell though. The music was cool, and I just think this film (regardless of the canon material) will be better. I think I may take a more liberal approach come December when seeing it, then again, I don't know if there are any crabbit inducing sequences (the cart, for instance, was crabbit inducing). The teaser was terrible, so I know I should be wary of a finely polished trailer, but it has put me in high spirits I must say.

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next