Mrs Figg
azriel
Eldorion
halfwise
bungobaggins
25 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Seen any good films lately? [3] - Page 31 Empty Re: Seen any good films lately? [3]

Post by Nagual Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:55 pm

Watched Ant Man. I knew nothing about the film beforehand and can say I was entertained.
Nagual
Nagual
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Seen any good films lately? [3] - Page 31 Empty Re: Seen any good films lately? [3]

Post by azriel Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:52 am

I like you. straight to the point & no frills

Seen any good films lately? [3] - Page 31 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Seen any good films lately? [3] - Page 31 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:33 am

Forest Shepherd wrote:How was it?

At first I wasn't sure what to think. But the film really grabbed me when things picked up. I don't want to spoil anything for people who haven't seen it, but I liked the ambiguous ending. It's got a pretty good soundtrack, too. Very Happy

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Nagual Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:32 pm

SPECTRE. meh ...
Nagual
Nagual
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:36 pm

SPHINCTER. meh ...
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:38 am

You just don't know how to tickle it properly Figgy.

Haven't seen Spectre yet. Think will be when it comes out to buy. Might go see Hunger Games. Will be seeing Star Wars!!!!!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nagual Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:26 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:SPHINCTER. meh ...

Lancebloke wrote:You just don't know how to tickle it properly Figgy.

Haven't seen Spectre yet. Think will be when it comes out to buy. Might go see Hunger Games. Will be seeing Star Wars!!!!!

No matter how skilled a tickler is, the latest film struggles to bond with me.

Nagual
Nagual
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:30 pm

Oh no dear Eru dont let him start on the puns! Mad

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:04 pm

Lancebloke wrote:You just don't know how to tickle it properly Figgy.

Evil or Very Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:05 pm

Nagual wrote:
Mrs Figg wrote:SPHINCTER. meh ...

No matter how skilled a tickler is, the latest film struggles to bond with me.

Rolling Eyes Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Nagual Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:55 pm

The Man From UNCLE - meh?

Tomorrowland - hmmm.

Maze Runner Scorch Trials - meh.

Mission Impossible Rogue Nation. - meh hmmm.

The Martian - Hmmm.

Jurassic World. - Zzzzz

Terminator Genisys - Hmmm.

Furious Seven - Hmmm.

Avengers Age of Ultron - Hmmeh.

San Andreas - meh.

Jupiter Ascending - meh.

Nagual wrote:It occurs to me that, many of you don't speak Nagualian. Please, use the following as a guide to review scores:

Amazing - pronounce the a's as in Bat. Ahm-ah-zz-ing. An unbelievable level of quality, scripting, casting, acting, directing everything has been nailed. Even if you have the genre or the actors or even the idea of such a film, it's worth watching.

Squeee - If you're a fan of the genre you're going to just explode with delight and say Sqeeee a lot. Everyone else will just thing it's a great film. Maybe a weird in a place or two, but you'd not really notice... right?

Woot - Fans will love it as it covers most of whatever they like about it. Mostly solid acting, fairly enough story but not very original.

Hmmm - It's a duke of york scenario. Neither up nor down. Run of the mill sort of vibe. Fans of the genre will enjoy the film, but it's nothing we haven't saw before. Maybe it's better appreciated by it's target audience.

Meh - Good effort, must try harder. Those words are the words that never appeared on this films report card. The film would have given it's soul to get a grade as good as that. Going by how I felt after watching this, I think it sold my soul too. Maybe if your a fan of the genre you'll squeeze out some joy, but don't hold your breath.

Zzzz - So bad or boring I fell asleep watching it. Or just stopped watching. Off button for the win, as they say.

Pffft! - The lowest of the low. A film so bad, you want to forced convicted criminals to watch it so their brains slowly melt out of their ears. You have been warned.

Last edited by Nagual on Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Nagual
Nagual
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:02 am

Hmmm does that mean good or meh? scratch
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:28 am

I thought The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 was quite a good end to the series! It had all the things I had hoped to see, a bunch of unpleasant body and psychology themes I could have done without, and a pleasantly hopeful ending. 

I only wish I had seen it with my sister and her family, as I had seen the first two with them as a sort of family tradition. 

There were a few points that stuck out to me in their awkwardness:
Spoiler:

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Nagual Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:04 am

It occurs to me that, many of you don't speak Nagualian. Please, use the following as a guide to review scores:

Amazing - pronounce the a's as in Bat. Ahm-ah-zz-ing. An unbelievable level of quality, scripting, casting, acting, directing everything has been nailed. Even if you have the genre or the actors or even the idea of such a film, it's worth watching.

Squeee - If you're a fan of the genre you're going to just explode with delight and say Sqeeee a lot. Everyone else will just thing it's a great film. Maybe a weird in a place or two, but you'd not really notice... right?

Woot - Fans will love it as it covers most of whatever they like about it. Mostly solid acting, fairly enough story but not very original.

Hmmm - It's a duke of york scenario. Neither up nor down. Run of the mill sort of vibe. Fans of the genre will enjoy the film, but it's nothing we haven't saw before. Maybe it's better appreciated by it's target audience.

Meh - Good effort, must try harder. Those words are the words that never appeared on this films report card. The film would have given it's soul to get a grade as good as that. Going by how I felt after watching this, I think it sold my soul too. Maybe if your a fan of the genre you'll squeeze out some joy, but don't hold your breath.

Zzzz - So bad or boring I fell asleep watching it. Or just stopped watching. Off button for the win, as they say.

Pffft! - The lowest of the low. A film so bad, you want to forced convicted criminals to watch it so their brains slowly melt out of their ears. You have been warned.
Nagual
Nagual
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:07 pm

Thumbs Up

although I would have rated Tomorrowland as a woot. The concept was pretty interesting and I loved the deceptively gritty trailer. I was quite disappointed it didn't end up like that though.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:19 am

Oof. I liked American Sniper quite a lot, but the ending...
I just sat there as the silent credits rolled past, tearing up, and hugged myself.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:38 am

I thought it was shit!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:17 pm

I quite liked it, but it was grim.

cant really remember the last time I saw a film that really blew my socks off. that made me go wow! I think it was ROTK. which is quite a while ago. Shocked I have enjoyed many films since, but not to the wow stage. maybe the closest is Gravity, yep on reflection that was pretty wow.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:31 pm

I've been lucky enough to catch several Wow films over the past year. Mad Max comes to mind, but there have been others too. 

"I thought it was shit!"
-Lancebloke

Neutral

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:41 pm

To the point Londoners Nod (I think its because they are always rushing about everywhere)

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:48 pm

I thought Lancebloke was from Chatham or something Easterly of London. 

Well, same difference I suppose!

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by davidjoneshoward Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:42 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:Oof. I liked American Sniper quite a lot, but the ending...
I just sat there as the silent credits rolled past, tearing up, and hugged myself.

I don't know, Eastwood claimed his movie wasn't supposed to appear biased, but the exact opposite feeling came to my head. Don't get me wrong, I'm the type who can appreciate a black and white movie once and a while, like Braveheart (which is also very nationalistic), but those still worked for me cause we actually saw the what the villains were up to; but with American Sniper we see the US raid homes, shoot innocent children taught to kill intruders, and not even once do we know why this is happening. And if the reasoning for that is because the movie is told "in Chris Kyle's POV" then I suppose he doesn't even know what they're fighting for either. The scene where they try and protect the family felt particularly off-putting because the director obviously assumed that it was alright to do that and the audience would think that way too.

And who is the villain in this movie? So many of the terrorists in this movie were in the background, and were talked about in a vague manner. That work in a movie trying to point out that sides of war are oftentimes simplified, but it's safe to say that this is not that type of movie. You can say that war the villain, as it's often in war movies, but what's war to the terrorists? I never got the sense that terrorists in the movie had any fear of consequences or were fighting for anything specifically. The only ones that remotely had any fears that they might die was the US, cause 'Merica, amiright?

I guess what I'm saying is that, we see the Americans do morally wrong things but it's treated as if it's for the "greater good", or not even brought up at all, making the audience assume it's right in the characters eyes.

Last edited by davidjoneshoward on Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:43 am; edited 3 times in total
davidjoneshoward
davidjoneshoward
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:08 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:To the point Londoners Nod (I think its because they are always rushing about everywhere)

its all the acidic eel pies they eat. it makes them run about from loo to loo like the White Rabbit.  albino
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:52 pm

Back in the history of time I used to work in a Cockle Bar on the seafront. Boiling up whelks is one of the smelliest jobs Ive done pale Any hoo, we sold Jellied eels & for all the world they just looked like chopped up snake pale No Ive tried everything else on the stall, winkles, cockles, mussels but not eels. I had to get semi pissed to try some & it wasnt so bad ? In fact the jelly the bits were in was worse than the eel. That was a one off tho, I am never doing it again ! *blurgh*

Seen any good films lately? [3] - Page 31 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Seen any good films lately? [3] - Page 31 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:01 pm

No yucky ick
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next