Mrs Figg
azriel
Eldorion
halfwise
bungobaggins
25 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Seen any good films lately? [3] - Page 17 Empty Re: Seen any good films lately? [3]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:02 pm

do you wanna make it?- Figg

What poo?!!!!! Shocked

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Seen any good films lately? [3] - Page 17 Empty Re: Seen any good films lately? [3]

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:20 pm

no Mad

its for getting rid of poo.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:21 pm

if you do a lot of camping or festival going you will know exactly what I am talking about. Mad poo is a big smelly problem. Mad and not to be sniffed at.

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:22 pm

Is it a big leaf? (or is that just my camping habits?)

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:23 pm

no Mad

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:24 pm

get a grip
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:25 pm

Cat on a stick?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:26 pm

No

I give up
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:27 pm

I am sick of being poor but I cant be arsed doing anything about it. so I am relying on you to get your finger out.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:29 pm

You do realise you are talking to someone who cant shut their fridge door because its got too lively in there and who has a forum awards ceremony thats a mere 3 months late!

It'll take me a week just to find my finger. No

But pm me your idea (so noone can steal it if its a winner)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:48 pm

You guys gotta see Whiplash! Very Happy

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:37 pm

That looks very interesting indeed- thanks Bungo hadn't even heard of it but I'll be keeping an eye out for it now.
Excellent trailer too- really made me want to see it. So job done there.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:02 pm

Watched Captain Phillips the other night, pretty solid filmaking (Paul Greengrass's shaky cam wasn't quite as annoying as usual) and a entertaining film for the most part, but the second half of the film dragged on longer than it should have, and the pirates came across as stupid rather than intimidating...

7/10.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:47 pm

I liked JK Simmons a lot in The Legend of Korra and the Spider-Man films so I'm curious to see Whiplash.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:43 am

I saw Kingsman: The Secret Service after work tonight with my family. It was a ton of fun from beginning to end and all of us enjoyed it (probably me a little more than my parents). It's primarily a comedy film and has very few aspirations to serious drama or social commentary, but it's very well-executed and has some fantastic action scenes. The fight scene in the church (which was apparently excluded from some international cuts of the film) in particular was amazing. The jokes are also really good, but much of the comedy is character-driven, which is nice. And who knew Colin Firth could play an action hero so well?
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:30 am

I actually thought that was going to be a serious drama movie. I watched the trailer and it looked like Ender's Game, but in the British secret service. Kind of turned me off to it.

I'll probably check it out when it becomes available online.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:18 am

If you've ever seen Kick-Ass (from the same director), it's very similar to that one. (I have to stress that I'm comparing it to the original Kick-Ass, not Kick-Ass 2. The sequel was fucking awful.)
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:27 pm

Eldorion wrote:The sequel was fucking awful

Yeah it was, badly paced, badly shot, and rather tame in comparison, it was obvious it was a sequel not a follow up i.e. too many callbacks/retreads of the first film, only on a larger scale.

They still have plans for a third one apparently.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:04 pm

I watched "Exodus Gods & Kings". It was a good action film. Im not a religious person so I was waiting for the invisible angelic choir & heart tugging violins & bass to come in & the wailing of men with arms outstretched trusting in a God they couldnt see, hear or was shown any evidence existed. I was also waiting for the "God is..." speeches & the divine words of wisdom but, no thankfully. It told a story that you can relate to even if you didnt subscribe to any belief or faith. It told a story of a guy witnessing cruelty among slaves, who saw a better way of doing things & who had an understanding of situations that would work if only someone listened to him. The guy that played Ramses was believable indeed. I liked the film, I liked that it didnt stuff religion down your throat. It kept me watching till the end. The Red Sea scene was good tho they had the Sea not so much parted like a bad hairdo but, it was receded back. The visitation of plagues, locust etc was done well also. A lot better film than the hallucinogenic Hobbit Mad

Seen any good films lately? [3] - Page 17 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Seen any good films lately? [3] - Page 17 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:11 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Cat on a stick?

lol!

I'd like to know the poo idea, but I haven't an entrepreneurial bone in my body.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:24 pm

unfortunately Halfy, someone got there before me, I should have done something about it years ago, too late was the cry! my chance of being loaded has passed me by because I was too lazy to do anything about it. No I invented a way to ecologically poo in your tent when you go camping and don't want to face hippybeanshitspray porto-loos or going outside in a hurricane with muddy boots on in the middle of the night to have a dump.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:30 pm

And you don't even camp!

there are camping porta-loos, ... but I wouldn't want one in my tent.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:38 pm

I don't camp because I did too much of it as a kid and it scarred me for life. My idea was more of a disposable potty for emergencies, its not for the faint hearted pooing in a tent, but if you are desperate and don't want to go outside and don't have a well epuipped tent. Shrugging

I spent most of my youth at festivals in tents that were basically two bits of canvas sewn together, these things go through your mind at 3am and its freezing and raining outside, and you have the shits.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:40 pm

Eldorion wrote:If you've ever seen Kick-Ass (from the same director), it's very similar to that one.  (I have to stress that I'm comparing it to the original Kick-Ass, not Kick-Ass 2.  The sequel was fucking awful.)

I haven't seen either of those movies. Shrugging

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:57 am

Well, I finally saw Legend.  I know some people on here love it, but I have to say that barely a damn thing about it worked for me.  Just a repeat of Excalibur in that it was full of a cast trying to inhabit a mythical space and failing miserably.

Myth and legend should feel expansive, this largely felt like it was filmed in someone's cramped attic (the underworld, not the forest).  Characters should feel like they could have existed; instead we have a bunch of archetypes spouting archetype lines with barely anything to make you feel these are real people and feelings.  They shoveled in a cottage scene to go through the motions, and a couple of lines of love dialogue at the end that sort of rang true, but that was it.  It was no Princess Bride, where you feel like these are real people you'd like to spend some time with.

It's too bad, I'm an admirer of Ridley Scott - but how he could have gone so far off target baffles me.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next