azriel
17 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Doctor Who [9] - Page 2 Empty Re: Doctor Who [9]

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:44 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:cheers 
That's more likes than dislikes!
Although I haven't heard from Mrs. Figg or Petty yet...

Spoiler:
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:08 pm

Figg!  cheers 

I will bung my thoughts on this one up later- so far I agree a bit with everyone in some respect!! Had Whovian company over the weekend, and a room full watching last night- and I really want the chance of a second viewing before I give my review.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:44 pm

Spoiler:
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:57 pm

When I said Capaldi was hard to understand, it was his accent and the way he kind of slurs words together. But his energy and his acting were superb!
Spoiler:

Doctor Who [9] - Page 2 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:53 am

Spoiler:

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:38 pm

Spoiler:
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:10 pm

Right on Figgy ! & talking about decrepitude I have to wear glasses for reading & when I was 40 I went for an eye test, well, when the optician was inches away from my nose with a bloody big lens thing in his hand ( & within kicking in the doo-dads after what he said !) he said to me " oh yes,well, once you reach 40 its all down hill from there really !" Mad what a shit !

Doctor Who [9] - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Doctor Who [9] - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:40 pm

Mad  smartarse opticians, its a bit like smartarse dentists school of thought, 'you know your gums shrink as you age' blah blah yackety yah. Or shop assistant smartarse, ''well long sleeved dresses are more flattering for the mature lady' (read bingo wings ) or worst of all smartarse makeup  sellers, 'this will Polyfill those wrinkles nicely' Evil or Very Mad They say all this to 35 year olds. Over 40s and you might as well just buy a Gucci winding sheet.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:25 pm

Haha, indeed!

This reminds me of a semi-developed theory I had going for myself a while back that attempted to show how dentists were the modern-day secular version of confession priests.

Similar to a visit to your local church to confess your sins to the priest and receive absolution, a dentist deals with the unpleasant aspects of your teeth (your sins) admonishes you for a break in cleaning diligence (your inability to toe the line of purity) and forces you to submit to painful dental operations (your own physical Hail Marys and Our Fathers penance).

The emotions you feel leading up to both encounters must be similar, and how you feel afterwards is incredibly alike: a sense of relief, and a feeling of goodness and cleanliness that lasts almost until your next appointment.

And, of course, dentists are pretentious dicks.
(Not to say that priests necessarily are, as the point of them is to guide and help other people, rather than simply make money off of our physiognomy. But still, one could imagine a vain priest.)

Clean teeth are the new standard of morality. Anyone who is anyone in acting or politics is careful to acquire whitened, perfect teeth; while crooked or stained teeth speak to a life of moral backsliding involving excessive coffee or cigarette consumption and a negligence bordering on slothfulness.

Anyway, that is to say, I don't much care for dentists. Razz
If this show was called Dentist Who I probably wouldn't watch it.

("Quick Clara, hold down this alien bicuspid while I drill out the radioactive cavity deposits with my sonic drill!"
"My goodness Dentist, you are so proficient with that astral calcium pick and so attractive in your Space Scrubs!"
"Nevermind that Clara, nevermind that... Quickly! Back to the TARDIS!" (Timely Anti-cavity and Root-canal Dental Intervention Ship))

Last edited by Forest Shepherd on Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:58 pm

lol!

Saw Deep Breath yesterday.

Slightly random thoughts about Deep Breath:

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:43 pm

Spoiler:
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:16 pm

So many spoilers! Mad

Petty, have you made it to the post office yet?

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:45 pm

Yeah where is he anyway...
Although, I can't read any of these delicious spoilers yet as I still haven't seen Deep Breath.

...I was really looking forward to his reaction to being beheaded in the RTD game as well. Wink

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:04 pm

Apologies- my Whovian audience that came to watch the episode didn't leave until today (well I had to let them stay, they had buckie   drunken  drunken  drunken ) but it did mean, due some folk turning up drunk a day late and all the usual sort of stuff, that I ended up watching it 3 times in as many days. And I am glad that I did because my initial feelings and my final feelings were really quite different.

This is probably going to be a long one!

Spoiler:
Now I'm going to read all your posts again for stuff I missed and didn't cover! Prepare for crabbit ripostes if necessary!  Handbag

David- um no, Embarassed  please see the small print in my contract which reads "I was drunk, it wasn't therefore my fault," acceptable at all Scottish courts, and I will undertake the task tomorrow with expediency.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:47 pm

Curses, the spoiler tags are basically begging to be clicked!
Where can I watch this Deep Breath anyway? I don't really get any television networks at home...

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:52 pm

You can try the links here for a streaming episode-

http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/internet/doctor_who_%282005%29/season_8.html

When you click to play one a box will probably pop up asking you to sign up to something, just ignore it and shut it down and continue to click play. You may have to enter a captcha thingy word though for some players.
If a stream doesn't work try a different link.

As usual any sites you visit are your choice, I always have ad blocks and stuff on, so Ive no idea if you will get loads of ads popping up or not if you dont.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:59 pm

Jeez Forest, I dont know how you've kept your nerve ! I would have looked by now ! ages ago in fact ! I have no staying power, I can resist everything except temptation Nod

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:08 pm

Spoiler:
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:29 am

Well good try anyway Petty. I'll try and see if I can find anything better.
That link was black and white and was an unfinished version.
Assuming I was watching something that made it into the final version, why the heck
Spoiler:

Edit:
Aha! Perfect:
http://streamtuner.me/doctor-who-s8e1-deep-breath/
In 720 too!
cheers

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:24 am

Oh, boy, new Doctor Who. Now I'll have something to do tonight.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:33 am

There has often been wackiness with Dr Who but I think it came to the forefront with Tennant. It found its legs & ran very nearly unstoppable through to Smith. I am glad Capaldi has edginess, I want that in a Dr, After over 1000 years Id be edgy also, but he's got that quality because he knows a lot, he's seen & experienced a lot & thats what Id like to see in him. Being a bit of a clown is fun & a good thing sometimes but not ALL the time. Ive got an instant feeling that Im gonna really look forward to this Dr, much more so than I did with the others, which I find odd ? Odd how quick Ive made that decision.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:35 am

Do love your theory on Dentists Forest ! Very Happy

"("Quick Clara, hold down this alien bicuspid while I drill out the radioactive cavity deposits with my sonic drill!"
"My goodness Dentist, you are so proficient with that astral calcium pick and so attractive in your Space Scrubs!"
"Nevermind that Clara, nevermind that... Quickly! Back to the TARDIS!" (Timely Anti-cavity and Root-canal Dental Intervention Ship))"

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:54 pm

A few responses to a few comments folks have made.

Training any potential crabbit on Bungo first (you posted first so its your own fault! Twisted Evil )

Spoiler:

Right then, who is next! Twisted Evil

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:40 pm

Bring it on, Skirt Man!! Wink

About Missy (or maybe not?), Petty:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Amarië on Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:54 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : never you mind!)

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:14 pm

If got Tin, and Figg and Orwell to get through first Amarie! Mad  Typical Ambassador, always expect a queue is something which by definition has an ambassador at the front of it  Mad

But then again, "Bring ut on, Skirt Man!! " Evil or Very Mad

I'll make an exception for you Twisted Evil
Spoiler:

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next